Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 167 main event!!??

Print  
Posted By Message

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I hope That I am not the only one thinking that thw UFC "jobbed" Hendricks! That split dec. was complete BS. GSP might.....Might???? have won the second round. Other than that he took hard shots to the face and thighs and was "handled" grappling wise. Johnny got screwed!

Post #1   11/17/13 12:50:47AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,215-1,248
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I hope That I am not the only one thinking that thw UFC "jobbed" Hendricks! That split dec. was complete BS. GSP might.....Might???? have won the second round. Other than that he took hard shots to the face and thighs and was "handled" grappling wise. Johnny got screwed!

GSP clearly won rounds 3 and 5, round 2 was close (I thought Hendricks won it with the damage he did after GSP slipped) and 1 and 4 were without question Hendricks.

I disagree about being handled grappling wise, Hendricks was the stronger man, but GSP won the takedown battle, and there was little in the way of submission grappling.

Now if you're talking about the work against the cage, I'd agree that Hendricks was the better fighter there.

Post #2   11/17/13 12:55:15AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,868-1,068
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by BustedKnuckle

GSP clearly won rounds 3 and 5, round 2 was close (I thought Hendricks won it with the damage he did after GSP slipped) and 1 and 4 were without question Hendricks.

I disagree about being handled grappling wise, Hendricks was the stronger man, but GSP won the takedown battle, and there was little in the way of submission grappling.

Now if you're talking about the work against the cage, I'd agree that Hendricks was the better fighter there.

What's crazy is all three judges gave Hendricks the 2nd round, and 2 judges gave GSP the 1st. Pretty bad.

Post #3   11/17/13 1:03:46AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ncordless

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by BustedKnuckle

What's crazy is all three judges gave Hendricks the 2nd round, and 2 judges gave GSP the 1st. Pretty bad.

I just saw that...I have no explanation I think rd 1 was clearly Hendricks

Post #4   11/17/13 1:05:12AM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I think hendricks won the fight. and as for the slip by GSP, rewatch it it and you'll see that hendricks got GSP off balance and took him down with a trip. I re-watched it several times.

Post #5   11/17/13 1:05:32AM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,494-924
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
gsp lost that fight. he knows it and hendricks knows it. i think everyone with a functioning brain who watched that fight knows it. i think its about time we made having functioning brains a prerequisite for judging an mma fight. this has gone past the point of being ridiculous to just being insane...in a bad way.

Post #6   11/17/13 1:07:26AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by BustedKnuckle

I think hendricks won the fight. and as for the slip by GSP, rewatch it it and you'll see that hendricks got GSP off balance and took him down with a trip. I re-watched it several times.

I thought that happened in round 3.

The slip I was talking about was when GSP's leg appeared to buckle in the 2nd.

I don't think he was hurt at that point, it looked to me that his plant leg landed on a wet spot on the mat. Then Hendricks pounced and hit him with some really good shots as he tried to backpeddle away.

You know the decision was controversial when it crashed the servers at mmadecisions.

Post #7   11/17/13 1:09:24AM   

Adam_Buru

MMA Regular

Adam_Buru Avatar

Career:1,269-888
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:

...and as for the slip by GSP, rewatch it it and you'll see that hendricks got GSP off balance and took him down with a trip. I re-watched it several times.

I agree with that. I didn't need a replay to see it. Not only did he trip him to take him down, it was a trip to get him off balance initially and another trip took him all the way down. Rogan saw the replay and missed it in slow motion. Called it as a slip again.

On an unrelated note, I wonder if the UFC knows GSP's entrance music had homophobic lyrics in it.

Last edited 11/17/13 1:16AM server time by Adam_Buru
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   11/17/13 1:15:25AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,384-1,280
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Fight was a lot closer than Jones vs Gus

Post #9   11/17/13 1:27:15AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I didn't think Hendricks "clearly" won the first round. In fact, I thought the first round was the closest round, and I think that's the only question mark as to who won the fight.

Also, I didn't think GSP slipped in the second round. I thought he was rocked, and that's the only reason I thought Hendricks deserved the second round, because from 2:30 until the end of that round it was all GSP battering Hendricks on the feet while Hendricks was tired from trying to finish GSP.

Personally, I thought GSP deserved the first round, as well as the third and fifth rounds, and therefore won 48-47.

Last edited 11/17/13 6:04PM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #10   11/17/13 6:00:55PM   

Franklinfan47

Gettin Paper!

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,581-1,411
Chips:

Posted by BustedKnuckle

UFC doesn't judge the fights.

At least accuse the correct people.

Post #11   11/17/13 6:05:18PM