Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Johny Hendricks: If Georges St-Pierre needs drugs to beat me, I got beat by the drugs

Print  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC welterweight contender Johny Hendricks added fresh fuel to a fiery controversy over drug testing in advance of his title fight againstGeorges St-Pierre at UFC 167.

Link

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #1   11/13/13 9:22:03PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:
I understand his apprehension about the VADA testing and all that. The thing that gets me is he says "he doesn't k ow me, who is he to say I'm on something". Well Johny, you don't know him either. You've heard things through the grape vine and assume they're true and you run with it. Show some proof to support your claims. Other wise shut up and just fight your fight.

#2 UFC 112 Points
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #2   11/13/13 9:28:41PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:375-217
Chips:
I can't wait for GSP to rip his arm off on Saturday. I think Johnny's already looking for excuses for after the fight.

Post #3   11/13/13 9:47:30PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
because GSP has the aesthetics, he will always be accused of PEDs.... the guy has never failed a drug test and now he is trying to be the a guy helping lead the charge in cleaning up the sport by volunteering for VADA testing... how many mega stars do you see, in any sport, coming out and opting for more testing

Post #4   11/13/13 9:53:18PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
that's why you refused further and better drug testing right?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   11/13/13 10:52:14PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Exactly. At least GSP is doing separate testing. As far as I know, Hendricks isn't doing ANY further testing. Why not go ahead with the WADA testing to show you're clean as well. GSP is doing his totally independent fron you, you do the same.

#2 UFC 112 Points

Post #6   11/13/13 10:57:30PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
WTF?! GSP has literally just posted all his clean tests online for people to see while Hendricks backed out an hes accusing GSP?! The dude is scared and already looking for an excuse.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   11/14/13 3:34:52AM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:281-172
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

Exactly. At least GSP is doing separate testing. As far as I know, Hendricks isn't doing ANY further testing. Why not go ahead with the WADA testing to show you're clean as well. GSP is doing his totally independent fron you, you do the same.

From what I understand Hendricks suggested WADA because VADA sponsered GSP and thats why Hendricks started speculating because somebody GSPs team said they wouldnt but GSP said hed take any testing so it was somebody from his team or management that fueled the speculation.

And MMAJunkie is always taking things out of context to create buzz. Like when Guilliard said he dropped Diego in sparring they didnt write the story word for word and made it seem like Melvin waw being disrespectful acting like hed knock diego out with no problem, when melvin came out later criticising the media because he said they both dropped each other so theyd make a great fight and theird probably be a knockout.

Post #8   11/14/13 4:37:42AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,087-770
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
GSP has owned Hendricks in all of this BS steroid crap Johnny is responsible for creating with this fight. Hendricks comes off like a straight up punk the way he hypocritically carries on with this whole thing.

Post #9   11/14/13 11:06:24AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

From what I understand Hendricks suggested WADA because VADA sponsered GSP and thats why Hendricks started speculating because somebody GSPs team said they wouldnt but GSP said hed take any testing so it was somebody from his team or management that fueled the speculation.

not true

The World Anti-Doping Agency doesn't do any of their own drug testing. They set the protocols, the certify the labs, the testers, the techniques, etc. used by others in the process of conducting said tests.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission would have used WADA standards to conduct separate testing, but here's where Hendricks' tirade is very, very wrong: VADA uses WADA standards.

The Volunteer Anti-Doping Association does their testing based on WADA standards, with accredited testers, labs, etc. Georges St-Pierre went through the very random testing Hendricks believes is legit, where he had to let them know where he was at all times to be subjected to those tests. He went through the process three separate times, and passed his tests. But the challenger wouldn't stop that from making his own veiled accusations.

Last edited 11/14/13 4:47PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   11/14/13 4:46:26PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Hendricks clearly isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Post #11   11/14/13 7:19:21PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
This "voluntary" testing GSP wanted Hendricks to do had a total cost around $20k for them to split if I remember right. Situation never seemed to be going smoothly in regards to Georges' push for it, and not everything was laid out and presented in a clear way leading to the UFC actually telling Hendricks `not` to do it. That's if memory serves me correctly.

Post #12   11/14/13 7:48:47PM