Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: No reason Vitor Belfort shouldn't be able to use TRT in Nevada or anywhere else

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Following last night's event, the UFC president talks about Belfort fighting stateside in his promised Middleweight title fight.

Link.

Post #1   11/10/13 5:18:43PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
Great

Post #2   11/10/13 5:20:33PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Duh Dana, I know for damn sure you don't want those Headkick KOs to stop

Post #3   11/10/13 5:23:51PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I believe its banned in cali

Keith kizar will give belfort test after test after test

Post #4   11/10/13 7:38:50PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,062-1,210
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

it should be that way for EVERYONE on TRT. That goes for Chael, Hendo and the rest. Remember, Chael failed a test for elevated levels. I find that just as bad a a testing positive for steroids

Last edited 11/10/13 7:58PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   11/10/13 7:46:12PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

it should be that way for EVERYONE on TRT. That goes for Chael, Hendo and the rest. Remember, Chael failed a test for elevated levels. I find that just as bad a a testing positive for steroids

Thats not technically correct. Chael reported his TRT use to the commission and said his manager had received an exemption for him.

His manager had not in fact done so and was fired by Sonnen as a result.

There was no failed test.

Post #6   11/10/13 9:09:13PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Thats not technically correct. Chael reported his TRT use to the commission and said his manager had received an exemption for him.

he was tested and failed but was not why he got suspended.

Link

Last edited 11/10/13 10:02PM server time by prophecy033
3 total post edits

Post #7   11/10/13 9:21:05PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Link

From your article

Sonnen...denied testing positive for elevated levels of testosterone for his infraction in 2010.

"That is inaccurate. I didn't have high levels (of testosterone), I had a separated T to E (testosterone to epitestosterone) ratio, which is not illegal," Sonnen stated. "I was in trouble for the disclosure issue and they gave me six months.

What he did and what Belfort did are 2 different things. Belfort was busted for using an anabolic steroid, while Sonnen was suspended for claiming he had an exemption he didn't have.

The substance Sonnen was taking wasn't even illegal as long as he cleared it first, Belfort's was completely illegal and directly leads to the need for TRT. This is why he's not allowed an exemption from any reputable athletic commission.

Last edited 11/10/13 10:34PM server time by FlashyG

Post #8   11/10/13 10:33:50PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Link

From your article

Sonnen...denied testing positive for elevated levels of testosterone for his infraction in 2010.

"That is inaccurate. I didn't have high levels (of testosterone), I had a separated T to E (testosterone to epitestosterone) ratio, which is not illegal," Sonnen stated. "I was in trouble for the disclosure issue and they gave me six months.

What he did and what Belfort did are 2 different things. Belfort was busted for using an anabolic steroid, while Sonnen was suspended for claiming he had an exemption he didn't have.

The substance Sonnen was taking wasn't even illegal as long as he cleared it first, Belfort's was completely illegal and directly leads to the need for TRT. This is why he's not allowed an exemption from any reputable athletic commission.

He claimed he didn't test high but the CSAC stated otherwise.

Post #9   11/10/13 11:13:47PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Link

From your article

But he wasnt cleared first so it is illegal.

And in my opinion they're not much different they both boost your testosterone levels and enhance your preformace.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 11/10/13 11:18PM server time by sparky

Post #10   11/10/13 11:15:30PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Link

From your article

And in my opinion they're not much different they both boost your testosterone levels and enhance your preformace.

TRT doesn't boost your testosterone level when used correctly. It is supposed to only raise it back to a natural level. If your levels are boosted you are using it incorrectly and wouldn't be allowed to fight.

In Sonnen's case the commission took partial responsibility for his not being cleared and cut his suspension in half.

The difference between Sonnen and Vitor when it comes to TRT is that Sonnen's need for the therapy is due to a condition called Hypogonadism, and Vitor's need for it is caused by his prior steroid use.

Many commissions will not grant an TRT exemption to a fighter who has previously tested positive for steroids. In those instances they see the condition as the fighters own fault.

There is certainly room for debate about whether TRT should be allowed at all, but as far as all the athletic commissions are concerned its legal. Anabolic Steroids on the other hand are banned by every commission.

Last edited 11/10/13 11:58PM server time by FlashyG

Post #11   11/10/13 11:57:49PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

In Sonnen's case the commission took partial responsibility for his not being cleared and cut his suspension in half.

The difference between Sonnen and Vitor when it comes to TRT is that Sonnen's need for the therapy is due to a condition called Hypogonadism, and Vitor's need for it is caused by his prior steroid use.

Many commissions will not grant an TRT exemption to a fighter who has previously tested positive for steroids. In those instances they see the condition as the fighters own fault.

There is certainly room for debate about whether TRT should be allowed at all, but as far as all the athletic commissions are concerned its legal. Anabolic Steroids on the other hand are banned by every commission.

First, even if Sonnen had the exemption he would have failed for his levels being too high. It has his levels and the acceptable levels right in the article, despite what Sonnen says

Secondly, to say that the reason Belfort needs it is because of prior steroid use has not been proven. It may or may not be the reason but it is not an absolute.

Post #12   11/11/13 12:12:57AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
Get rid of them all

Post #13   11/11/13 12:15:52AM   

sparky

sparky Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by sparky

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by prophecy033

Link

From your article

TRT doesn't boost your testosterone level when used correctly. It is supposed to only raise it back to a natural level. If your levels are boosted you are using it incorrectly and wouldn't be allowed to fight.

TRT does boost your testosterone thats why fighters have to stop taking it weeks out from a fight or they will test positive for elevated levels.

Post #14   11/11/13 12:16:43AM   

sparky

sparky Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Get rid of them all

Yes I agree Webbie

They either need to get rid of it completely or just let it go completely

Post #15   11/11/13 12:18:59AM