Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Belfort next #1 contender after Silva/Weidman II

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:2,006-1,108
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Provided he wins against Dan Henderson on Saturday, UFC president Dana White said The Phenom is next in line for the Middleweight title.

Link

Post #1   11/5/13 11:22:31PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,499-1,386
Chips:
Worthless proclamation.

If Anderson wins his belt back, we'll end up seeing the rubber match between them before anyone else gets a shot.

I hope if they do give Belfort the shot though that it happens in the US or another location that follows the rules regarding TRT.

Post #2   11/5/13 11:27:16PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,559-1,524
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Worthless proclamation.

If Anderson wins his belt back, we'll end up seeing the rubber match between them before anyone else gets a shot.

I hope if they do give Belfort the shot though that it happens in the US or another location that follows the rules regarding TRT.

2 things..

1st: If Weidman keeps his belt, i believe it would have to be in the States..why would the champ fight else where, besides where he's from..shit..GSP fights in Canada 90% of the time..we're not gonna see Aldo back in the States..i dont even recall the last time Aldo here..

2nd: if Silva wins, we get a rubber match and if Silva wins the 3rd time, i'm honestly feel like Silva would hang it up..so basically it would be up for grabs between Machida, Belfort, Souza, Weidman would all be right there..but i have learned anything can happen in title contenders..

just my 2cents

Last edited 11/6/13 1:45AM server time by rhythmandstyle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   11/6/13 1:44:56AM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:409-233
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by FlashyG

Worthless proclamation.

2 things..

1st: If Weidman keeps his belt, i believe it would have to be in the States..why would the champ fight else where, besides where he's from..shit..GSP fights in Canada 90% of the time..we're not gonna see Aldo back in the States..i dont even recall the last time Aldo here..

2nd: if Silva wins, we get a rubber match and if Silva wins the 3rd time, i'm honestly feel like Silva would hang it up..so basically it would be up for grabs between Machida, Belfort, Souza, Weidman would all be right there..but i have learned anything can happen in title contenders..

just my 2cents

Aldo is fighting in New Jersey at 169 against Lamas

Post #4   11/6/13 1:57:30AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,247-738
Chips:
This is all provided Belfort doesn't eat a H-Bomb.

Dirty Blue

Post #5   11/6/13 6:10:50AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,552-908
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Why is Hendo being written off... good match for him

Post #6   11/6/13 8:29:20AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,685-1,419
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I pretty much am sure this fight happens in may memorial day weekend

Post #7   11/6/13 8:45:46AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,834-1,785
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Exactly what I was thinking, he could easily win the match too...some GNP is not out of the question.

Post #8   11/6/13 9:55:24AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,135-655
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by jjeans

Exactly what I was thinking, he could easily win the match too...some GNP is not out of the question.

I thought the reason he took the fight at LHW was to avoid losing his MW place in line. If he loses it isn't at a relevant weight

Post #9   11/6/13 10:02:50AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

GSP is fighting in Vegas next week. And prior to his previous 4 fights in Canada, the 4 before that were all in the US. Aldo had exclusively fought in North America under ZUFFA prior to the UFC going to Brazil a year and a half ago...and is fighting in NJ his next fight

nice try

Last edited 11/6/13 10:54AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   11/6/13 10:54:01AM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,206-652
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by jjeans

I thought the reason he took the fight at LHW was to avoid losing his MW place in line. If he loses it isn't at a relevant weight

One reason they could say against him (if that situation happens) is Machida beat Hendo and Belfort couldn't.

Post #11   11/7/13 2:29:04AM   

DrivenDavies15

MMA Sensei

DrivenDavies15 Avatar

Career:1,642-941
Chips:

Posted by mk1630

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by FlashyG

Worthless proclamation.

2 things..

just my 2cents

Aldo is fighting in New Jersey at 169 against Lamas

Aldo has also fought the majority of his UFC fights outside Brazil
He debuted in Canada 129
Fought KenFlo in Houston I think 136
Edgar in Vegas.

I don't know that they'd give Vitor the title shot in Brazil as all the critism he has gotten from only fighting there lately.

Post #12   11/7/13 1:17:41PM