Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tim Kennedy says Belfort's manipulation is a 'spit in the face' of all martial artists

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,665-930
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
UFC middleweight standout, Tim Kennedy discusses Belfort's manipulation of the system, how important Fight For The Troops is, and gives a fun training story from Jackson's MMA.

Link

Post #1   11/4/13 9:20:06PM   

mk1630

Standup Guy

mk1630 Avatar

Career:382-218
Chips:
Why is it that Vitor is the only one that gets knocked for TRT? Hendo uses it ( except this upcoming fight I believe). Chael uses it AND tested positive for steroids as well, ye he doesn't get shit for it. I know there are others that use it as well, just can't think off hand right now. Is it because he looks so dominant lately? Sorry just tired of the same old conversation every time he's about to fight.

Post #2   11/4/13 10:16:35PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Belfort would knock him out within three mins

Post #3   11/4/13 10:21:32PM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:

Posted by mk1630

Why is it that Vitor is the only one that gets knocked for TRT? Hendo uses it ( except this upcoming fight I believe). Chael uses it AND tested positive for steroids as well, ye he doesn't get shit for it. I know there are others that use it as well, just can't think off hand right now. Is it because he looks so dominant lately? Sorry just tired of the same old conversation every time he's about to fight.

People knock Vitor because of his transformation to what he is now since TRT, and because he failed a Steroid test so according to commision rules he shouldnt get a TUE.

Hendo uses it for legit reasons and has for a good long time. He has never failed a test and always has normal levels of testosterone.

Chael did not fail a steroid test, Chael had a TUE in the past but failed to provide the proper paperwork for it before the fight, then after the fight the combo of being over the allowed ratio, and not having provided the proper paperwork got him suspended.

also testosterone is different from steroids similar but different. Steroids can lower your natural testosterone because of how much they have it reeks havoc on natural testosterone over time. This is why some people need testosterone or steroids after prolonged steroid use...Such as what a lot of people are claiming of Vitor..

Post #4   11/4/13 10:27:47PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,177-1,222
Chips:

Posted by mk1630

Sonnen never tried to hide his use of testosterone though, he was told by his former manager that it was cleared with the commission and he openly admitted before his fight that he had taken it but with permission.

Hendo to my knowledge has never tested positive for anything so he's approved by the commission for the therapy.

Vitor gets knocked for it because he is the cause of his own lowered testosterone (if his testosterone is low at all) and because he continues to use it while taking fights only in locations that will allow him to fight using TRT

Post #5   11/4/13 10:27:50PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,448-894
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by mk1630

Chael never tested positive for steroids. He tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone, likely as a result of TRT.

Post #6   11/4/13 11:00:40PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Chips:
The whole part of the article dealing with Rustlam was hilarious!

Post #7   11/5/13 12:12:17AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,336-1,398
Chips:

Posted by mk1630

as stated by other members why he shouldn't be allowed..and there's a BIG difference in Belfort lately then previously in his career..u can't tell me u dont notice it..it's pretty obvious to his cheating, and he MUST fight in Brazil ONLY..where the testing isnt a strick as the States..

Post #8   11/5/13 2:23:37AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
-( The great Vitor Belfort )-

$20.00 Heart
$10.00 Brain
$5.00 Haircut

Post #9   11/5/13 10:23:37AM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,795-1,540
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
All Belfort's doing is using the rules to his advantage.

Post #10   11/5/13 2:44:15PM