Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Vitor Belfort open to using TRT

Print  
Posted By Message

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
Hi Guys,

Belfort on his TRT usage

I found this today, Just wondered any thoughts out there?
Sorry if its already been posted.

Most MMA fans either know or thought we knew about Belforts usage of TRT. I know its been a heated topic on previous posts in the past.

My only issue i have with Belforts knowledge on how he seems to approach using TRT in a world where its completely normal and legal within in the sport begs the Question that him believing that no TRT usage makes him at a disadvantage when facing an opponent, to me means he should stop fighting all together. What a Lame excuse.

"If they want me to get in there in a Disadvantage" - That is a poor excuse for using TRT. According to the Athletics commission, Fighters using TRT can be up to some 5 or 6 times over the natural TRT levels putting their opponent who does not use TRT in a disadvantage. That would mean that a clean, drug free fighter would be at a disadvantage straight away.

How is that not cheating ???

I do not understand how the Athletics commission can allow fighters to abuse high levels of TRT and make it a legality with in the sport.

When weed is classed as a Performance Enhancing Drug and abusive TRT users get a bypass, Its a joke guys, IMO.

“I’ve already said that, if they agree with it, I would (stop doing TRT),” he said. “No problem at all. If they want me to get there in a disadvantage, that’s ok,
...(Belforts Quote)

Any thoughts??
Cheers

Post #1   11/1/13 8:26:23PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,394-1,281
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I just don't like the fact that the UFC embraces it
By allowing belfort to fight in Brazil this whole year.

Outside Brazil who knows how he would fight.
UFC needs to stop catering to him and put him back
On cards in the us next year.

Post #2   11/1/13 10:29:13PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:493-296
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I just don't like the fact that the UFC embraces it
By allowing belfort to fight in Brazil this whole year.

Outside Brazil who knows how he would fight.
UFC needs to stop catering to him and put him back
On cards in the us next year.

Belfort is not going to be fighting in the states has more to do about Brazillian $$$$$$$ then Belforts TRT levels.

Dana already said he doesn't like TRT, so he wouldn't have a problem scheduling Vitor in the states, if it made money sense. At least that's what I think,

Post #3   11/2/13 2:48:23PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,439-1,253
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Create a TRT-only open-weight division. There are a lot of good match-ups in there on the way to crowning a champ.

Post #4   11/2/13 3:31:43PM