Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Champions - Middleweight

Print  
Who will or who do you think has the best shot to dethrone Chris Weidman?
Anderson Silva 17 52%
Vitor Belfort 0 0%
Lyoto Machida 10 30%
Jacare 3 9%
Other 2 6%
Nobody 1 3%
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Who, in your opinion, do you think has the best shot of dethroning the current champion. I will start at Cain and slowly work my way down to the Womens division!

If other please say who (I.e Bisping, Rockhold, Boetsch, Munoz, Kennedy, Carmont etc)

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #1   11/1/13 9:36:00AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Chips:
I love the idea of Weidman v Jacare, Belfort, Bisping and Machida... That said I just can't see Weidman getting past Silva.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #2   11/1/13 9:40:02AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,296-1,230
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think
Silva machida and Jacare can beat him

Post #3   11/1/13 9:47:32AM   

JLS1980

Heavyweight Champ

JLS1980 Avatar

Career:1,124-605
Chips:
I picked Anderson Silva as most likely.

I picked Weidman over Anderson in their first match too by 1st Rd KO.
Link

Anytime Anderson fights anybody there's a good chance they'll lose. It's been proven. All 4 of the guys listed (Anderson, Jacare, Machida, and Belfort) would make for some good fights. And either way any one of the 4 fights went it would not be a big surprise.

Post #4   11/1/13 10:14:03AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I think Silva wins the rematch convincingly.
So convincing in fact, that Weidman doesnt get an immediate rematch

Post #5   11/1/13 10:45:46AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Chips:
I really don't know what to think about the rematch. I feel that Anderson has everything it takes to win, as he did in the last fight. Now that he has soundly been defeated, I just don't know how he will return.

So that said I'm skipping that pick for now and saying Machida has the best chance. I think he is the better striker and can do enough to stay off the ground given his solid tdd.

Post #6   11/1/13 10:52:56AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

I really don't know what to think about the rematch. I feel that Anderson has everything it takes to win, as he did in the last fight. Now that he has soundly been defeated, I just don't know how he will return.

So that said I'm skipping that pick for now and saying Machida has the best chance. I think he is the better striker and can do enough to stay off the ground given his solid tdd.

Same here on all points

Post #7   11/1/13 3:53:05PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,473-1,569
Chips:
I am the one who picked other...just because he hasn't had a lot of fights so you never can tell. There is a pair of blue prints now on how to beat Anderson Silva, Belfort can be beaten, same with Machida and Jacare...it's hard to say that about a Champ who is still unbeaten and who has proven to be such a dynamic and decisive fighter. Who knows if Lyoto can land the big counter or if Jacare can pull out a slick sub.

Post #8   11/1/13 4:55:06PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I picked Jacare, much improved striking and worldly ground game

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   11/1/13 7:07:10PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,423-873
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I am the one who picked other...just because he hasn't had a lot of fights so you never can tell. There is a pair of blue prints now on how to beat Anderson Silva, Belfort can be beaten, same with Machida and Jacare...it's hard to say that about a Champ who is still unbeaten and who has proven to be such a dynamic and decisive fighter. Who knows if Lyoto can land the big counter or if Jacare can pull out a slick sub.

Just because a guy hasn't been beaten doesn't mean he can't be, which isn't what I'm saying you're saying at all. I'm saying that just because there isn't a blue print on how to beat a guy doesn't mean he is near unbeatable or anything. plus blue prints aren't always reliable. Chael used his blue print on silva twice and failed both times.

Plus, there used to be a time when people thought Hughes couldn't be out wrestled, then along comes GSP out wrestling him. We thought Big Nog couldn't be subbed, then along comes Mir and then Werdum. Cro Cop wasn't going to be done in by the head kicks he was so famous for then along came Gonzaga. Anybody can be beaten on any given night by any method... except Hendo, owner of the most ridiculous chin in MMA. Only fighter I've ever seen other than maybe Big Country that has made blocking punches with his face an effective strategy.

Lyoto, imo, has the perfect style to beat Weidman. I also like the Jacare match up because with his improved striking and otherworldly ground game, he's a threat to anyone. Lyoto though has the best style to beat Weidman. Excellent TDD, extremely elusive and pinpoint accuracy in his strikes and arguably one of the best in-and-out strikers in the sport today. He's made a career of stuffing tds or just not being there altogether when they shoot/try to clinch up with him. Maybe I'm biased though as I'm a huge Machida fan. I still think prior to that big elbow Jones landed in the 2nd round that turned the tide, Machida was winning that fight.

Last edited 11/2/13 3:12AM server time by ufc_fanatic
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #10   11/2/13 3:06:59AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Machida and Silva both have what it takes to dethrone Weidman. However, Machida has a slightly better defense and a much better tdd than Silva.

Post #11   11/3/13 3:22:11PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think it'd have to be `Who is Ryoto Machida` for $800.

Post #12   11/3/13 10:25:18PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I think it'd have to be `Who is Ryoto Machida` for $800.

Post #13   11/4/13 2:02:09AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,360-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Post #14   11/4/13 5:27:55AM