Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Ultimate Fighter 6 : Team Hughes vs Team Serra

Print  
  Page 8 of 14   <<   5     6     7     8     9     10     11   >>
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Yeah ive never geard Buffer say "AGAIN"? it was "NEW" when Randy beat Tim

That Dorian comment was hilarious

Arroyla or whatever his name is what ok but he wont go far i dont think, cant wait to see the aussie george, i think he and mac will make i the finale

Dont forget the Finale early December will be wicked, what with the Huerta Guida main event and the finals and then another 2/3 quality fights, im loving the look of this series, lots of good fighters

Last edited 10/2/07 9:05AM server time by CornishMMA
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #106   10/2/07 9:05:39AM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Yeah ive never geard Buffer say "AGAIN"? it was "NEW" when Randy beat Tim

Yea, Dur! But anyways can we get back to TUF 6, thanxlol

Post #107   10/2/07 9:38:56PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
I already got it back on topic?!?

Can anyone tell who fights in the house? somebody pushes Jared but cant tell who it was, they are dumb as f*** tho for doing that cos they know what happened to noah and sims last time out

Last edited 10/3/07 7:36AM server time by CornishMMA

Post #108   10/3/07 7:19:51AM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

I already got it back on topic?!?

Can anyone tell who fights in the house? somebody pushes Jared but cant tell who it was, they are dumb as f*** tho for doing that cos they know what happened to noah and sims last time out

Yea i no, i hope none of these guys get kicked out, looks like some good fighters are coming in to UFC.

Post #109   10/3/07 6:49:15PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Good show... my favorite so far. I liked John and his office nerd background that went along with his underdog staus, plus being sick didn't help matters any. Billy acting upset because John went and got the TD on the best wrestler there was funny. Man you could see that choke coming a mile away, but Miles would have rather held a guy down than actually go for a sub or strikes.

Glad Joey is gone too. Weird how someone is willing to give away his job with Serra and a chance in the UFC for some girl who has probably already ****** some guy. Liked Pete Sell's quote "Whatta ya gonna do go work at the Bank???" He just kept saying it, the only companies in Long Island are a Bank and Serra's gyms.

Price going crazy about the camera guy looks interesting, and Hughes taking his frustrations on Miles should be good. Already can't wait for next week.

Post #110   10/3/07 11:10:52PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Finally Joey's gone! Easily the biggest puss this show has produced so far.

The John - Billy fight wasn't a very good one at all but I'm happy John won. Not only is he a Team Serra member but he seems like a nice guy, so it was easy to root for him.

A question for you guys. Who do you think would win between a lower mid-tier UFC WW like Drew Fickett or Josh Burkman vs any of this seasons TUFers?
I don't see success in the future for any of these guys in that division. I think Drew and Josh would beat them all.

Post #111   10/4/07 8:58:05AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
Joey is the biggest disgrace this show has ever produced. His whining and crying makes me want to shoot myself. I'm glad he left too because I would have stopped watching this season if I had to hear him say "Get me outta here" one more time.

Post #112   10/4/07 8:59:30AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,217-1,243
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Joey is the biggest disgrace this show has ever produced. His whining and crying makes me want to shoot myself. I'm glad he left too because I would have stopped watching this season if I had to hear him say "Get me outta here" one more time.

Exactly...worse than the first guy who left to get back with his girlfriend because Joey SAW THAT and KNEW the new hole everyone is now going to rip him.

The only possible way I could give the guy any credit at all is if he came to the realization that he didn't have the heart, couldn't do it, and was making a permanent career change. Out of the fight game forever.

...no I take that back, if he had come out and just admitted that he didn't have it in him for the whole world, then I'd have some respect for him. And even then, he still should have stayed for the team's benefit (jiu-jitsu training).

bye bye.

Last edited 10/4/07 10:16AM server time by scoozna
2 total post edits

Post #113   10/4/07 10:15:09AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by Stickan
A question for you guys. Who do you think would win between a lower mid-tier UFC WW like Drew Fickett or Josh Burkman vs any of this seasons TUFers?
I don't see success in the future for any of these guys in that division. I think Drew and Josh would beat them all.

Yeah, I agree. 170 is just too stacked to try to restock with these guys. Even though the show is starting to pick up for me I really wish they did 185. I think a few contenders could be found from a 185 TUF, while this crop will be lucky to crack the UFC's top 15 with their current fighting level.

Maybe we'll be seeing more of these guys who have trouble hanging in the UFC in the WEC. That'd be good to get some name exposure for WEC while keeping the best at the UFC.

Post #114   10/4/07 5:30:48PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
im pretty sure danzig will make a name for himself in the WW division, maybe not a contendor cuz hes a true LW but he'll do the best out of the tufers

Post #115   10/5/07 12:32:53PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

The John - Billy fight wasn't a very good one at all but I'm happy John won. Not only is he a Team Serra member but he seems like a nice guy, so it was easy to root for him.

i could see mac danzig doing okay against either of them, but you are right not many of these guys are real big eye catchers

Post #116   10/5/07 7:42:34PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Chips:

Posted by Sam_Rothstein

Posted by Stickan

i could see mac danzig doing okay against either of them, but you are right not many of these guys are real big eye catchers

Post #117   10/5/07 7:51:40PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Danzig has always talked about moving down to 145 from 155 so I'm pretty sure that even though he's beefed up quite a lot since then he would be manhandled by the stronger WWs in the UFC.

About the last show, I almost feel bad for Blake. He seems like a good guy but not a fighter.
I wonder what he did to piss off Mac on the next episode.

Post #118   10/11/07 10:09:16AM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,217-1,243
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Matt Hughes' blog on the UFC website confirms that Blake's knee really did get messed up - I was skeptical, but apparently was true.

Danzig seemed so normal in the first half of the show, showing his support of Dorian - then he does this split-personality thing as he rips into Hightower. Where did that come from ? I have to believe we're only getting snippets of what he says due to editing.

I wonder if the camera guy pissed his pants as Dorian came at him.

Post #119   10/11/07 1:56:51PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
If anyone is interested, we have George Sotiropoulos from this season of TUF on Sweep the Leg Radio tonight, actually starting in 5 minutes. He talks about living in the house, Joe Scarola, the food, and more...

5 pm pst
www.fightersmind.com

If you miss it, go to our downloads section, and download it... Itll be available at air time. Thanks all.

Post #120   10/11/07 7:56:41PM   

Page 8 of 14   <<   5     6     7     8     9     10     11   >>