Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

The Ultimate Fighter 6 : Team Hughes vs Team Serra

Print  
  Page 7 of 14   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10   >>
Posted By Message

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by BigTomZ
As for Scarola, how the **** do you tap with 6 seconds left?

its easy to say how do you tap with 6 seconds, and you arent the only one bigtom so im not just singling you out when i say this, but get out from behind your keyboards and get into the cage with a guy like danzig and go that extra 6 seconds and then ill respect your opinions on that. until then dont second guess if he could have held on, its completely ridiculous and just makes you look like keyboard warriors that have never been in a choke or any combat sport for that matter.

yeah when i spar with a friend and he puts me in something im just beggin for it to be over. And when hes choking me my head just gets cloudy and just almost automatically tap. 6 seconds can make a BIG difference.

Post #91   9/21/07 9:35:41PM   

d_block07

MMA Regular

d_block07 Avatar

Career:150-70
Camp: Team Punishment 2007
Chips:

its easy to say how do you tap with 6 seconds, and you arent the only one bigtom so im not just singling you out when i say this, but get out from behind your keyboards and get into the cage with a guy like danzig and go that extra 6 seconds and then ill respect your opinions on that. until then dont second guess if he could have held on, its completely ridiculous and just makes you look like keyboard warriors that have never been in a choke or any combat sport for that matter.

Matt Serra was the one who said it first he even called him a pussy for doing it and thats his guy. says somehting about serras coaching

Post #92   9/22/07 6:59:34PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
There have a few times I've been in a choke (I don't offer chokes frequently) and am about to tap. I decide to wait for a few more seconds and most of the time the guy lets go, thinking it's not in.

Post #93   9/22/07 8:19:59PM   

FRRUNKIS

Learning to Sprawl

FRRUNKIS Avatar

Career:41-42
Chips:
AS FAR AS OCTAGON EXPERIENCE-HUGHES
COACHING EXPERIENCE-SERRA
PERSONALITY-SERRA HES GOD DAMN HILARIOUS
SHOULD BE ENTERTAINING SEASON

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #94   9/23/07 1:30:42PM   

TheHitmanTL

Standup Guy

TheHitmanTL Avatar

Career:237-188
Chips:
Mac danzig reminds me alot of ed herman
he looks like him and he thinks that just because hes got the most experience hes gonna win the show

Post #95   9/23/07 2:27:41PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:
mac is a vegan...? Ive never seen a ripped vegan fighter. That was a sloppy triangle conceeded by a so called serra jj black belt. Mac looks good, i dont think he'll win the series though.

Post #96   9/24/07 6:02:43PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Am I the only one to think that Joe Scarola is the biggest pussy this show has ever produced? He's such a whining crybaby. I don't know if it's the edit bug or not but I wouldn't stand being in the same room as that guy for a second.

I've never seen such a spineless person. He makes me sick.

All that whining with his puppeteyes to get a phonecall. WTF SOME OTHER TUFFERS HAVE KIDS!!! and you have a new gf. Huge difference. I hope he gets kicked off soon and never heard from again.

Last edited 9/27/07 2:08PM server time by Stickan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #97   9/27/07 2:08:06PM   

rameses7878

Learning to Sprawl

rameses7878 Avatar

Career:278-188
Chips:
I read an article with Dorian on MMAjunkie.com that makes me believe the Final 2 are Mac and George. That was the conclusion that I came up with based on the interview.

Post #98   9/27/07 2:32:21PM   

Sam_Rothstein

Belt Contender

Sam_Rothstein Avatar

Career:950-555
Chips:
yeah it seemed like dorian had mentioned a few things he wasnt supposed to

like how matt hughes offered him a job as a muay thai coach and he turned it down

who knows if it will even make the show, but if it does that probably wouldnt help his chances of getting on the TUF finale

i also i watched that triangle choke mac danzig caught joey scarola with, at first i thought serra was being a dick

then i saw the replay and it kinda seemed like joey let himself get sunk into the triangle instead of trying to fight it

Post #99   9/27/07 11:39:23PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
Whats up with Hughes saying he has only like 3 fights left in him... he is 33, so damn young for mma???

Post #100   9/29/07 6:52:30PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
"I should have went to Lala Land. I should of had a little dream about some fat hookers and a little latino midget." - Dorian

That had me on the floor.

He had some sweet stand up but needs more gorund training. When Dana told us Dorian had most of his wins by sub I thought maybe he could hold his own, but he ended up just getting dominated. Hope to see more of him in the future.

Post #101   9/30/07 5:56:01PM   

Azzkiker

Learning to Sprawl

Azzkiker Avatar

Career:286-192
Chips:
I like hughes coaching approach more. Serra is a hot head who needs to be getting trained because hughes is gonna embarrass him.

Post #102   9/30/07 11:01:58PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Yea, personally guys, i dont like serra or hughes, so i ain't to excited of the fight they are gonna have. But whoever wins, GSP is gonna clean up on. Its gonna be great.
"THE NEW UFC WW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, GEORGE ST PIERRE!!!"

I think you meant to say
"AGAIN the UFC WW champion of the world, GeorgeS St. Pierre!!!"

Post #103   10/1/07 12:02:48PM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by BigTomZ

Yeah really Serra made a bad pick. I totally understand loyalty, but honestly you also have to let your guy know where he really stands. If he isn't one of the top fighters on the show your team shouldn't be picking him.

As for Scarola, how the **** do you tap with 6 seconds left?

obviously you dont understand a coaches loyalty, he had to pick him, and im sure that he helped get him on the show thinking he would be one of the best. ive coached high school wrestling and i would also take my guys over anyone else because of loyalty. unfortunately he had to fight the most accomplished fighter on the show.

Well said... props man

Post #104   10/1/07 12:33:38PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:

Posted by TNunley

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Yea, personally guys, i dont like serra or hughes, so i ain't to excited of the fight they are gonna have. But whoever wins, GSP is gonna clean up on. Its gonna be great.
"THE NEW UFC WW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, GEORGE ST PIERRE!!!"

I think you meant to say
"AGAIN the UFC WW champion of the world, GeorgeS St. Pierre!!!"

Yea but im saying that GSP doesn't have the belt yet and is going to get it, so bb would say the new, if gsp defended it and won, bb would say And still the ww champion of the world, GSP! but since he dont have no belt now and he beats hughes/serra bb is going to say THE NEW WW CHAMP OF THE WORLD, GSP!!!!

thats how it goes man....

Post #105   10/1/07 11:37:30PM   

Page 7 of 14   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10   >>