Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The Ultimate Fighter 6 : Team Hughes vs Team Serra

Print  
  Page 6 of 14   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9   >>
Posted By Message

garrick

MMA Regular

garrick Avatar

Career:222-122
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:
Should be a good season. I think theirs going to be a lot of house drama though. But the good kind. A lot of fighting, no crying. Hopefully.

Post #76   9/6/07 9:01:15AM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:

Posted by garrick

Should be a good season. I think theirs going to be a lot of house drama though. But the good kind. A lot of fighting, no crying. Hopefully.

Yeah, hopefully. The only thing I hate about all the TUF seasons is the amount of drama. It's like watching Days of Our Lives. It's bullcrap.

I just watched the ad for the new TUF season. And it seems like the fighters on this show bring the stupidity to a whole new level. I saw things on fire, people throwing a foosball into the pool, people kicking in walls, breaking shit.

Me personally, wouldn't do any of that stupid crap. I mean I know people and drunk and do stupid things, and these guys are stuck in a house not able to talk to friends, family, or even watch T.V. - basically there's nothing to do. But I can honestly say I wouldn't destroy a nice house that Dana provided for me.

But that's just me.

Anyway, hopefully there are some good fighters, who put on some good fights. And hopefully they all save the drama for their mammas.

Last edited 9/10/07 4:50PM server time by hook_tothe_body
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #77   9/10/07 4:49:21PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
Dunno about the USA advert but here in the uk our scummy channel that shows ufc did the advert so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It had goldie saying "this is what ultimate fighting is all about" voiced over footage of them fighting and trashing the house!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can you fooping believe that crap?

Post #78   9/18/07 7:42:34AM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Yea, personally guys, i dont like serra or hughes, so i ain't to excited of the fight they are gonna have. But whoever wins, GSP is gonna clean up on. Its gonna be great.
"THE NEW UFC WW CHAMPION OF THE WORLD, GEORGE ST PIERRE!!!"

i feel like it all depends on which GSP shows up for the fight though, he'd be confident against Hughes but timid against Serra ( cause he got KTFO). When the Koscheck V. GSP fight started i knew right away that GSP was gonna get the W fo sure, but i had to see him before i KNEW that he was gonna pull it off.

Post #79   9/18/07 5:01:04PM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
Good first show, decent fight. Seemed a little slow but it featured some good ground fighting and a nice knee by Danzig. I was pulling for Joey in his underdog role (damn ten seconds), but it didn't happen and Mac looked good.

Some first impressions from some guys the focused on:

Mac: He's arrogant and seems to have a very dry personality. Props to him though for raising Joey's hand after the win, he didn't have to do that.

Dan: That guy seems like a ball of energy, but I don't think Hughes saw God in him as much as he saw explosiveness. He's going to have some good quotes this season.

Romen: A lot heart... too bad he had to go. Funny but sad at the same time watching him throw that fit.

Looking forward to next week, want to see the stupid match Serra makes that Hughes was happy about, although Joey leaving drama doesn't really do much for me.

Post #80   9/20/07 12:05:38AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I'm glade serra's buddy got the hook. Hughes is showing he's verry smart. Happy with that start, Joey's a pussy, Roman woulden't have tapped with 6 seconds left!

Post #81   9/20/07 12:09:22AM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:
I lost my ass on a wager I made on Danzig vs. Sakurai. Time for Redemption! I gotta give this show to Danzig.

Post #82   9/20/07 10:43:42AM   

scoozna

Annoying since 2007

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,347-1,299
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I've resisted, for a long time now, the belief that Hughes is an arrogant, cocky, SOB.

I'm having trouble resisting after last night.

Post #83   9/20/07 11:03:28AM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
What I am REALLY looking forward to is wtf is all the destruction of the house about?!??!?!?!

Dana last year was f'n livid with the guys fighting at the house, I can't wait to see what he says about them destroying the place.

A lot of the fighters looked really good last night, several i could tell weren't going to be getting very deep in the competition. Just didn't have that look.

It's tough to call so early but imao i think Hughes team is stacked with some super good fighters.

Post #84   9/20/07 12:36:25PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Here is my take on the show.

If I tune in for future episodes it will only be for the fight of the night. I might be content to read a play by play on the net.

With every passing season TUF is making young MMA fighters look like a bunch of macho, immature adolescents with anger management problems. I was rolling my eyes at the Armenian guy (whatever his name was) when he wanted to train with a broken elbow. They should have let him practice and taught him a lesson. That kind of behaviour does not make you look tough IMO. Finishing a fight when you are injured is being tough, but insisting on continuing training when you know it will only get worse is just plain foolish. i.e. his talk seemed very cheap to me. He knew he would not be allowed to continue and just shot his mouth off to look tough. Like I said, they should have let him work out with a broken arm for a bit.

A while back there was a thread asking what team (Hughes or Serra) would you want to be on. As much as I dislike Hughes, I picked his team. Why? If I remember correctly it is because I thought he would be a better coach and that Serra talked too much.

Well, episode 1 convinced me that Serra's team is going to get killed. Serra made the worst decision in to pick his guy first. I'm sorry, but that was foolish. Second or third would be understandable, but there are many reasons I think it was a mistake

1) The guy is a BJJ black belt and supposedly trains (or has trained with Serra). Therefore, if Serra cared at all about this guy getting some overall experience, then he would have not been afraid to let him go to team Hughes (the same goes for the actual guy too when Hughes approached him)

2) Serra, by picking his buddy first, missed the opportunity to get a really good fighter. Saying that, I feel that Serra lets his frienship(s) get in the way of better judgement when it comes to business

and somewhat unrelated...

3) Serra still talks too much. It's 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, not the other way around.

I would like to add that I thought I saw guys trying to fight in the house during a preview. I guess they missed the episode where a couple fighters had their UFC careers come to a halt when they fought at the house.

Post #85   9/20/07 2:17:12PM   

BigTomZ

MMA Regular

BigTomZ Avatar

Career:280-166
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Yeah really Serra made a bad pick. I totally understand loyalty, but honestly you also have to let your guy know where he really stands. If he isn't one of the top fighters on the show your team shouldn't be picking him.

I happen to agree with Serra on Hughes ego and attitude, but at the same time he doesn't need to talk about it all the time. We know what Serra thinks of Hughes, we know what Hughes thinks of Serra, they should just leave it at that.

As for Scarola, how the **** do you tap with 6 seconds left?

Post #86   9/20/07 8:03:25PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by BigTomZ

I happen to agree with Serra on Hughes ego and attitude, but at the same time he doesn't need to talk about it all the time. We know what Serra thinks of Hughes, we know what Hughes thinks of Serra, they should just leave it at that.

You know, I forgot to mention that Serra's head seemed to be twice the size before winning the title. I think he's going to be humbled by Hughes in many ways.

Post #87   9/20/07 9:00:31PM   

awhooo

Learning to Sprawl

awhooo Avatar

Career:9-14
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:

Posted by BigTomZ

Yeah really Serra made a bad pick. I totally understand loyalty, but honestly you also have to let your guy know where he really stands. If he isn't one of the top fighters on the show your team shouldn't be picking him.

i know 6 freakn seconds and he taps. he could of just hold on longer and maybe find his mistakes he made in the first round. but it was a nice triangle choke thou by mac. serra should of picked him as his first pick common now. looking at whats comming up i see more fights in the house. i'm hoping the next fight better be good!

Post #88   9/21/07 3:13:29AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,627-1,504
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BigTomZ

obviously you dont understand a coaches loyalty, he had to pick him, and im sure that he helped get him on the show thinking he would be one of the best. ive coached high school wrestling and i would also take my guys over anyone else because of loyalty. unfortunately he had to fight the most accomplished fighter on the show.

its easy to say how do you tap with 6 seconds, and you arent the only one bigtom so im not just singling you out when i say this, but get out from behind your keyboards and get into the cage with a guy like danzig and go that extra 6 seconds and then ill respect your opinions on that. until then dont second guess if he could have held on, its completely ridiculous and just makes you look like keyboard warriors that have never been in a choke or any combat sport for that matter.

Post #89   9/21/07 4:38:34AM   

MikeBillotto

Banned

Career:120-79
Chips:
so many people like matt danzig i think hes a good fighter and all but hes so cocky and shit he reminds me of ed herman and i think hes gonna get upset...

i really think george from the serra team is going to win...

Post #90   9/21/07 6:11:19PM   

Page 6 of 14   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9   >>