Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Injured Antonio Rogerio Nogueira out of fight against Alexander Gustafsson

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,565-912
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by SamPan

That leaves... Mousasi? Manuwa? I'd enjoy watching Gus beat either of those guys.

Mousasi actually dropped to middleweight, so that fight's out of the question now as well.

It'd be cool if Gus and Davis would put the friendship aside and have a rematch, but I don't see it happening.

Did Gegard drop? As near as I can tell he called out all the bad asses at 205 and got no where so he started calling out the bad asses at MW.

I wouldn't be surprised if lil Nog gets a fight before Gegard

Post #16   11/1/13 10:35:19AM   

Dberntson

In Full Mount

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,059-615
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Obvious choice is Cormier, but I think the UFC wants to keep them both as options for title challengers. The other two I could think of is a rematch with Davis or Hendo if he beats Belfort. I don't think Belfort gets the call as I think he will move back to 185 after this fight - probably fight Machida for a #1 contender fight (I know he said he wont fight at 185 unless its a title shot, but the UFC makes the matches and offers the fights).

Post #17   11/1/13 12:15:44PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,534-933
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Gus already beat Te Huna. Manuwa is a good matchup. Also, The Mauler isn't with Alliance anymore, and I'm pretty sure he has said that, although they are friends, he would fight Phil Davis.

Post #18   11/1/13 12:16:14PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,990-1,064
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Where's Bubbles and his unfunny jokes about fighters pulling out when it's deserved? OR does he only save that for world champions like Cruz?

And as fas as this goes, I say Make Gustafson vs Cormier the main event of Fox in April or January if they don't mind the quick turn arounds & Have Bisping vs Moussasi as the main event in London for March.

There really isn't anyone else for Alex to fight, unless Henderson beats Belfort and Rashad beats Sonnen. Alex has already beat Tu Huna, Thiago Silva, and won't fight Davis.

I hate to let Cormier win with his diva demands of only fighting Alex in the states but Lil Nog may have forced the UFC's hand.

The best part about this injury was Sonnen's tweets last night, he had a field day with Little Nog pulling out. I actually had no idea why he was tweeting talking so much crap about little nog till I saw he pulled out then it made sense. But seriously who pulls out 4 months before a fight? He could take 2 months off or recovery and still have a 8 week training camp.

Btw this was his best tweet last night "Maybe dos Santos can led Lil Nog his heart while his face heals"- I honestly don't get why people don't like Sonnen he talks crap and walks the walk every time.

Post #19   11/1/13 1:30:59PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,565-912
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Where's Bubbles and his unfunny jokes about fighters pulling out when it's deserved? OR does he only save that for world champions like Cruz?

Post #20   11/1/13 3:17:11PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,249-867
Chips:
This was a dumb booking anyways. DC vs Gus. These guys both want to fight each other for a shot at the title, they are both top level, book the fight. What is everyone so afraid of?

Post #21   11/1/13 4:06:14PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
He's been on more milk cartons than fight cards.....

Post #22   11/1/13 4:14:39PM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:530-390
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
How is it that the twin who gets run over by a truck when he's younger is less injury prone than the one who had no childhood trauma? I don't doubt that he's injured but good grief! He needs to move somewhere where he can take one fight a year and ride off into the sunset.

Post #23   11/1/13 5:08:31PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Here I am. Let me spell it out for you: Dominick Cruz's last fight: Oct 1, 2011. Lil Nog has fought twice since then.

Don't forget to try the veal

Last edited 11/1/13 6:51PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #24   11/1/13 6:49:58PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Gus already beat Te Huna. Manuwa is a good matchup. Also, The Mauler isn't with Alliance anymore, and I'm pretty sure he has said that, although they are friends, he would fight Phil Davis.

I'd assume it would be for the title only though

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #25   11/1/13 6:51:40PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,847-1,629
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Here`s a quote from an article less than a month ago.

Aftonbladet.se reports that Gustafsson has decided to leave Alliance MMA to set up camp back home in Sweden. The most prominent reason given was the increased demand on his schedule now that he is fighting more often and the high monetary cost of holding camps so far away from home. As one of the top contenders at light heavyweight it does make sense for Gustafsson to start developing a camp more tailored to his needs, but it wasn't the only reason Gustafsson gave. The fighter also went on the record to say that he could see a potential fight with Davis looming and felt like it would be a better idea if they weren't training at the same gym. He also noted that they train together much less often than they used to. Sounds like a battle of top contenders could be brewing.

Not sure why anyone thinks they won`t fight. If they`d been training together for their whole careers I would understand but they haven`t. They`re just good friends in a sport where that doesn`t mean a whole lot.

Post #26   11/1/13 7:31:55PM   

40ouncetpkid

Belt Contender

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:289-174
Camp: Octagon Winners
Chips:
This card is months away. They should just wait until Rashad smokes Chael in 1 round and then make Gus vs Rashad.

If Rashad can beat Gus he deserves another crack. If Gus wins he just further proves he deserves a rematch.

Post #27   11/2/13 7:29:34AM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,930-1,313
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
I'm so surprised........

Post #28   11/2/13 2:15:34PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,894-1,054
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Lil Nog needs TRT. Vitor was getting injured like yhis constantly before the juice.

Post #29   11/4/13 10:24:18AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2