Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 4 of 9     1     2     3     4     5     6     7   >>
Posted By Message

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Any of you see what happened in the Heat/Celtics game last night?

I'm from northern Maine so everyone is all about the Celtics here (even though I couldn't care less about them personally).

Jeff Green sank a three pointer right in the face of King James himself for the win as the buzzer sounded. Celtics win, 111-110.

Miami's 4-3 so far. I love it.

Post #46   11/10/13 6:09:50PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Raptors > Celtics > Heat > Raptors

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #47   11/11/13 10:16:22AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
time to rant on last night's game between Toronto and Houston

First and foremost, there is no way in hell that game should have been close, let alone going to double OT. The Raptors shot selection most of the night was piss poor (seriously, 33%??), missed about 6-7 layups, and was called for a bunch of weak fouls. Their defense was very solid all night, though was partially helped by Lin's 17 turnovers.

Last night was a perfect chance for Valenciunas to showcase himself. He played great defense on Howard and Asik but picked up 3 incredibly weak fouls (that wouldn't have been called on "established" big men) and couldn't get into a rhythm. Still posted a 10/13/3 line in 29 minutes. Casey has really dropped the ball so far this season with his playing time and the fact he uses him effectively in the first quarter but all but ignores him afterwards

Jeremy Lin is a Raptors killer. Hansbrough needed to be out there more to lay a couple elbows to his face

I really don't know how or why Gay is taking so many bad shots/missing on open looks so frequently. He looked good in the preseason after they eye surgery but 35.6% is atrocious for someone who takes 20 shots a game. There's no way he can get traded playing this bad, even if he will occasionally hit a clutch shot to win a game/send it to double OT.

Why is Steve Novak not playing? He is one of the best in the world at 3 point shooting, something this team severely lacks, yet he's wearing a suit or only playing 12th man minutes. He would be able to open the floor

Watching Dwight Howard take free throws, I have figured out why he is god-awful. He bends, comes up, stops, and shoots with his wrists. There is no fluidity to his shot and the shot itself is a flick of the wrists. The 4 he did make last night he didn't pause at the top. This used to be a problem with Chris Bosh when he broke into the league and now he's one of the best FT shooters at his position after being more fluid with his shot.

Last edited 11/12/13 6:46PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #48   11/12/13 6:41:57PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,694-1,543
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm getting tired of Rudy Gay. He takes way too many bad percentage shots, like you said. It's great to score 29 points but not when you have to shoot 37 times to do so... At least his rebounding is looking better.

Post #49   11/12/13 6:46:02PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I'm getting tired of Rudy Gay. He takes way too many bad percentage shots, like you said. It's great to score 29 points but not when you have to shoot 37 times to do so... At least his rebounding is looking better.

honestly I was on the fence about trading him because he can be a dynamic player, but I am just fine with DeRozan and JV being the anchors of this team moving forward. I really hope he goes on a run and brings his % closer to his career average.

imo it's still pretty early to call it quits on the season after 8 games and only .5 games back of 8th. Yeah finishing 7th or 8th and getting smoked out of the first round isn't ideal, it is far better than rebuilding yet again and shows free agents that this team has potential. And there is absolutely zero guarantee of getting a top 3 pick in the draft, so all this tank BS I hear in this city is absurd

Last edited 11/12/13 6:54PM server time by bubbles

Post #50   11/12/13 6:53:39PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
17 TURNOVERS?

Holy fuck.

Yeah, I've pretty much lost all interest in the NBA. The officiating is unbelievable at this point.

Post #51   11/12/13 8:34:51PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Webbie

17 TURNOVERS?

Holy fuck.

Yeah, I've pretty much lost all interest in the NBA. The officiating is unbelievable at this point.

Officially it was only 5 but I swear it was more. Some really bad decision making on his part where he would drive without any intent, then jump and throw the ball somewhere behind him hoping a teammate was there. But his shooting in the 4th quarter and OT more than made up for it.

I wish the refs from the 90s came back and let these guys actually play basketball. The reason why everyone whines on a non-call is because they are so used to this culture of fouls being called when anyone touches them. I can't blame them too much since that's how its been for them since highschool ball, but at times it does get ridiculous.

Post #52   11/12/13 10:55:40PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I am loving the combo of Martin and Love for the Wolves. 47 points in the first quarter a few nights ago against the Lakers

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #53   11/12/13 11:57:30PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Chips:
If Love can stay healthy he can be up there with the MVP talk and Martin is a good addition offensively

Post #54   11/13/13 3:44:37PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I just heard an interview with Marc Spears a little while ago (was a couple days ago on Tim and Sid) and he was saying that Melo and Gasol most likely will have new teams next season. He suggested that Kobe could reach out and lure Melo in, and Melo as a Laker could make some sense. Financially Gasol is gone and Nash will either retire or get bought out. Egos can get in the way but I'm sure both guys will find a way to get their 15+ shots a night.

After the segment, I pondered to myself if a Rudy Gay for Pau Gasol trade would make sense for both teams. Gasol could teach Valenciunas so much as a European big and provides a legitimate veteran presence this team lacks. Plus a front court rotation of JV, Gasol, Amir Johnson and Hansbrough is solid. He might not stick around past this season but if the Raptors are anywhere near the playoff race and the Lakers continue to fade, this would be a great move imo for them. It would also allow DeRozan to develop into "the guy." Even if he leaves, they don't have to worry about Gay's $20 mil player option for next season which they can use to fix other holes

For the Lakers side, there is no guarantee with Melo and who knows what's available next year. I can see Gay benefiting a lot by being the clear cut #2 to Kobe so he doesn't have to take 20 shots a game. He provides pretty good defense, which they need, and timely scoring. His size and athleticism allows him to play the 4 when they want to go small which seems to be the norm. The only issue is Gay's option and whether the Lakers want that or to even take the chance on it

Post #55   11/13/13 6:34:17PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
RAPTORS WIN

Post #56   11/13/13 11:04:11PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
College basketball > NBA right now.

Post #57   11/14/13 7:27:05PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

College basketball > NBA right now.

Has been for a while now.

Post #58   11/14/13 7:41:40PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
I don't necessarily disagree, but for whatever reason the NBA is much worse this year than ever before. The refs are making atrocious calls this year over and over and over again. It doesn't even feel like I'm watching the sport of basketball anymore. As for the players, everyone just seems to want to throw up 3PTs all game every game. Boring.

This is by far the worst season of the NBA that I've ever witnessed early on.

College basketball on the other hand is still as exciting as it's ever been.

Last edited 11/14/13 8:11PM server time by Webbie
2 total post edits

Post #59   11/14/13 8:09:05PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Meh give it some time, season is just in it's infancy and some of these guys flat out state they don't really get after it until the play offs. It will pick up. As for college, they basically threw together some incredible match ups early on which blew everyone away.

Post #60   11/14/13 9:07:12PM   

Page 4 of 9     1     2     3     4     5     6     7   >>