Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

2013-2014 NBA Season Thread

Print  
  Page 2 of 9     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by Michael_Corleone

Derrick Rose better be good this year for sitting out when the Bulls needed him the most in the playoffs.

I am also expecting a big year out of Kobe when he comes back. Just to prove to everybody he ain't going nowhere.

Rose did the right thing by sitting out last year IMO. They wouldn't have beaten the Heat either way. Seemed like 90% of their roster was injured.

Post #16   10/30/13 6:25:59PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,646-1,392
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Michael_Corleone

Derrick Rose better be good this year for sitting out when the Bulls needed him the most in the playoffs.

I am also expecting a big year out of Kobe when he comes back. Just to prove to everybody he ain't going nowhere.

Agreed, Rose was scared.

Post #17   10/30/13 7:12:13PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,025-548
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

any expectations from the Rockets with Harden and Howard? I know Howard has already started bitching about sharing the paint with Asik, which is really stupid because they could be so good defensively like the Grizzlies big men. I'm not feeling their PG or SF spots but a happy Dwight can offset that

San Antonio and Oklahoma are still the top two teams in the Western Conference. Houston will win a lot of games during the regular season, but we will see how they do in the playoffs.

Post #18   10/30/13 11:48:04PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I'm calling it now, Cavs vs Warriors in the NBA finals this year

(fine print)
Prediction is subject to change multiple times daily until the end of the current NBA season at the discretion of this poster

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #19   10/31/13 9:27:54AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Chips:
Kevin Love=Boss

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #20   10/31/13 1:13:48PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
Bulls/Knicks right now. I'm hoping this is less one-sided than Bulls/Heat.

Clippers/Warriors afterwards. Both should be solid games.

Last edited 10/31/13 8:01PM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a
7 total post edits

Post #21   10/31/13 3:52:04PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I'm calling it now, Cavs vs Warriors in the NBA finals this year

(fine print)
Prediction is subject to change multiple times daily until the end of the current NBA season at the discretion of this poster

since GS sucks because they lost to the Clippers, Cavs vs Mavs

seriously though, I completely forgot about what Dallas did this offseason. Calderon running the point will be really good. Ellis as a legit 2nd scoring option (if he doesn't commit 7 turnovers a game like last night). Dalembert if healthy can provide the interior toughness they lacked since Chandler left. Blair can be a decent bench big man and knows how to win coming from the Spurs.

They need another guy off the bench imo to crack the top of the West. Right now I say they finish between 5th and 8th, pending the health and consistency of Carter and Marion.

Last edited 11/1/13 10:30AM server time by bubbles

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   11/1/13 10:21:48AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

So the Lakers spank the Clips, the Warriors spank the Lakers, and then the Clips spank the Warriors.

dafuq?

On that note, my Thunder will likely get spanked by the T-Wolves tonight. We really need Westbrook back.

Rockets are looking mighty polished against the Mavs so far. Heat/Nets are having a good battle, and as I predicted, my Thunder's getting crushed by the T-Wolves. We desperately need Westbrook back for games like this one.

Last edited 11/1/13 9:06PM server time by Webbie
4 total post edits

Post #23   11/1/13 3:48:47PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

seriously though, I completely forgot about what Dallas did this offseason. Calderon running the point will be really good. Ellis as a legit 2nd scoring option (if he doesn't commit 7 turnovers a game like last night). Dalembert if healthy can provide the interior toughness they lacked since Chandler left. Blair can be a decent bench big man and knows how to win coming from the Spurs.

They need another guy off the bench imo to crack the top of the West. Right now I say they finish between 5th and 8th, pending the health and consistency of Carter and Marion.

I pretty much agree with everything here.

I had the chance to watch the Mavs play against the Rockets a few nights ago and they looked good, but obviously the Rockets are looking really strong right now as well.

I'm pumped for the return of Russell Westbrook tonight.

Post #24   11/3/13 5:18:49PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,754-1,581
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Clippers just tied their record for first half points. They put up 78 against Houston right now. If Griffin didn't pick up two fouls near the end there they would have had more. Fun game to watch so far

Post #25   11/4/13 11:51:21PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Clippers just tied their record for first half points. They put up 78 against Houston right now. If Griffin didn't pick up two fouls near the end there they would have had more. Fun game to watch so far

Yeah, that was an exciting game. Houston was able to at least keep themselves into it up until the fourth quarter when the Clips just took over. I was worried about them after they lost their opener against the Lakers but they've looked very sharp ever since. The Rockets have been looking solid as well so it was a good win for the Clips.

Post #26   11/5/13 3:39:48AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
Steph Curry with a triple double. Iggy with a great shooting night dropping 32. I'm not feeling their depth at guard or SF though. Speights and O'neal will give good minutes off the bench at the 4 and 5 but aside that it is pretty thin. Maybe when Barnes gets healthy it'll help but they need that depth when the games count.

I'd love to see them go far this season

Post #27   11/5/13 9:42:38AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,646-1,392
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Steph Curry with a triple double. Iggy with a great shooting night dropping 32. I'm not feeling their depth at guard or SF though. Speights and O'neal will give good minutes off the bench at the 4 and 5 but aside that it is pretty thin. Maybe when Barnes gets healthy it'll help but they need that depth when the games count.

I'd love to see them go far this season

Once Barnes comes back they will have some depth as you mentioned, also they have Green as well who is a good versatile player. Both Thompson and Iguodala can switch to SF because of their height and body make up

Post #28   11/5/13 11:38:20AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
Pacers stay undefeated with a win over the Pistons tonight. The Pacers are looking great so far.

Watching Rockets/Blazers now.

Post #29   11/5/13 10:55:37PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Pacers stay undefeated with a win over the Pistons tonight. The Pacers are looking great so far.

Watching Rockets/Blazers now.

Same

Post #30   11/5/13 11:24:16PM   

Page 2 of 9     1     2     3     4     5   >>