Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Michelle Ould upset she can't wear white pride bra

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,052-681
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
i have absolutely no problem with someone saying white pride just like i have no problem with brown pride or black pride. i think people is confusing the word pride with the word power. if cain would have brown power tattoo'd across his chest it would change the tone completely.

Post #31   10/31/13 8:12:43PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

I hate the term 'check your privilege'. We are all fucking humans, why the fuck should I check my privilege?

I see the phrase used as a weapon far too often, but I think it's important to recognize when hardship's more than a challenge.

Bear in mind I'm not advocating bandaid programs like affirmative action, not at all - I think a solution is in increased public safety and education across the board. How that solution's funded and staffed is a ridiculously difficult question, one I'm not going begin to try to answer here since we're already way off the reservation.

Posted by infestructure

That kinda still sounds like I'm supposed to feel bad about my privilege. Why the fuck should I take into account that there are people less lucky than me? Or that I'm more lucky? I only get to experience one life through one body and its all relative, I'm not gonna waste one second thinking about those more or less fortunate than me and whether it's due to luck or not.

Again, I say check your privilege is the excuse of those who need to excuse their adequacy/inadequacy

How you feel is your choice, right; my intent isn't to impose guilt - which in this context usually ends with slacktivist "awareness."

No, I simply disagree with the absolute tone of the last statement. It's certainly *an* excuse, but not always. I use it when determining who I vote for, what programs I support - whether the focus is on fixing a broken system or in obfuscation by a feckless, wasteful bureaucracy.

Post #32   11/1/13 5:23:36AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,230-857
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I'd tell her to feck off if she tried some white pride world wide BS in a promotion I was running.

Post #33   11/1/13 2:28:06PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,052-681
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

I'd tell her to feck off if she tried some white pride world wide BS in a promotion I was running.

so you wouldn't sign cain because of his brown pride tattoo?

Post #34   11/1/13 2:59:50PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3