Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Anyone else see Machida's Head kick coming ...

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

VILLIN

Human/Sloth Hybrid

VILLIN Avatar

Career:1,784-1,022
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It is a fairly common strategy, CroCop used it every fight before his knees were shot. I was more surprised that Machida was trying that strategy than I was when the head kick came. I figured Machida would stick with punching and not risk his balance by going for kicks.

Post #16   10/30/13 3:58:20AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

That said I can see the argument for that being a work. I know this thread is not about that and I am not agreeing, or disgreeing with that opinion, but I can see the argument for it.

I knew it, jjeans is a KFM dupe account

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   10/30/13 10:27:18AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,126-675
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by jjeans

That said I can see the argument for that being a work. I know this thread is not about that and I am not agreeing, or disgreeing with that opinion, but I can see the argument for it.

I knew it, jjeans is a KFM dupe account

Well I am a self proclaimed master, just not of Kung fu

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #18   10/30/13 10:54:23AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:730-442
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone on this site called Machida's Head kick on Munoz before it happened.

I was sat there watching Machida's movement in the fight, As soon as the fight started, Machida was pushing his knee out faking kicks from the off set. As soon as he started to throw leg kicks, then half way through the round came up and delivered a body kick, i turned to my Bro who was watching the event with me and told him i can see a head kick coming next. Sure enough, just after i called it, Machida's leg went up high and connected round the back of Munoz head. Job Done.

I'm sure there's a few more of you out there that called it too.

Cheers

I was watching with afriend who is a kickboxer, he called it about three seconds before the kick, it made it that much more special, we were both out of our seats

Post #19   10/30/13 6:01:26PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,214-788
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
Make no mistake, it was a damn hard kick

it connected with the crook of machidas foot and shin. sort of like his ankle. that is a lot more solid of a place to land a kick

a good analogy is when you are just messing around playing with a soccer ball as a teen.

lets say you are about to punt the soccer ball into the air. 9 times out of ten if you kick the ball with the part of the foot im talking about above it goes higher than if you were to say kick it with your toes. its sort of like that "sweet spot" its hard to explain

Post #20   10/30/13 7:01:18PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That type of arm block does nothing to diminish the forxe. A light push would move that arm. A hard sweeping kick that snaps through at the end is going to lose barely any force.

Post #21   11/4/13 10:57:22AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
Cheers for comments guys !!

Post #22   11/8/13 5:38:42PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2