Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Diego: Conor McGregor 'is a bunch of crap'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,629-1,436
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Post #16   10/29/13 5:42:05PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

i also think McGregor has been talking way too much lately..he didnt look that great against Holloway..lets get McGregor against Siver..

What? Holloway is no can. Considering Connor popped his knee and decided to use ground control from that point and then dominated the ground game. I thought it was fairly impressive.

Yeah Connor talks but he knows that will make him rich and famous just like Bisping and Sonnen. That's why Dana likes him.

Post #17   10/29/13 7:59:31PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by george112

So much hate for McGregor

This dude is the real deal, you can just tell.

Its amazing that many of you who have been watching mma for years cannot see this.

Diego woukd get murdered. if anything Diego IS THE OBE OVERRATED.

Dude lost to gomi imo, and hasn't been anywhere close to beating anyone high level in how long??

Oh wait you're gonna bring up the Melendez fight. Okay he got some adrenaline in round 3 big whoop. He got beat up the whole fight until then.

I remember when Sotiropolous was on a 7 fight win streak in the UFC against much better competition than Brimage and Holloway and was in the talks of title contention. He looked like the real deal, then fought top 15 guys and looked like shit. The difference was that he and his fans didn't act like he would be the one to dethrone Penn.

Diego would ragdoll Conor for 15 minutes...if he doesn't choke him out first. Diego can't be overrated if he isn't expected to be a contender, we all know exactly who he is and where he will be. The hype behind McGregor makes him seem that he will be the next GOAT and hold belts in 3 divisions at one time when he hasn't fought anyone in the top 20. Jon Jones didn't even have this hype when he beat Bonnar.

Yeah he got beat up by the best LW in the world and then showed the heart we all know he has and came close to one of the greatest comebacks in UFC history...more so than Bigfoot or Boetsch. Sanchez has fought and beat some of the best in two divisions (or hung in and battled in the losses), what has McGregor done to warrant this? KOing Brimage and lying on Holloway?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #18   10/29/13 9:16:07PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

i also think McGregor has been talking way too much lately..he didnt look that great against Holloway..lets get McGregor against Siver..

What? Holloway is no can. Considering Connor popped his knee and decided to use ground control from that point and then dominated the ground game. I thought it was fairly impressive.

Yeah Connor talks but he knows that will make him rich and famous just like Bisping and Sonnen. That's why Dana likes him.

i aint said nothing bad bout Holloway..and Holloway isnt really known for his ground game..see the differences between Bisping & Sonnen, is that both guys have many wins, fought for gold or came close to a title shot..imho i dont see McGregor getting a title shot..too many strong FW wrestlers Lentz, Mendez, Edgar, Guida..Siver, Swanson would also be a tough test for McGregor..but i rather just see the guy fight, not impressed with the shit coming outta his mouth..

Post #19   10/30/13 2:01:28AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
to Diego for just using the phrase "is a bunch of crap"

Last edited 10/30/13 11:04AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   10/30/13 11:00:59AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

Its amazing that many of you who have been watching mma for years cannot see this.

Dude lost to gomi imo, and hasn't been anywhere close to beating anyone high level in how long??

Oh wait you're gonna bring up the Melendez fight. Okay he got some adrenaline in round 3 big whoop. He got beat up the whole fight until then.

I remember when Sotiropolous was on a 7 fight win streak in the UFC against much better competition than Brimage and Holloway and was in the talks of title contention. He looked like the real deal, then fought top 15 guys and looked like shit. The difference was that he and his fans didn't act like he would be the one to dethrone Penn.

Diego would ragdoll Conor for 15 minutes...if he doesn't choke him out first. Diego can't be overrated if he isn't expected to be a contender, we all know exactly who he is and where he will be. The hype behind McGregor makes him seem that he will be the next GOAT and hold belts in 3 divisions at one time when he hasn't fought anyone in the top 20. Jon Jones didn't even have this hype when he beat Bonnar.

Yeah he got beat up by the best LW in the world and then showed the heart we all know he has and came close to one of the greatest comebacks in UFC history...more so than Bigfoot or Boetsch. Sanchez has fought and beat some of the best in two divisions (or hung in and battled in the losses), what has McGregor done to warrant this? KOing Brimage and lying on Holloway?

If you cant see the obvious differences between conor and soto idk what to tell you

Ragdoll??? When has diego ragdolled anybody recently?? The dude is like leonard garcia, makes alot of noise throwing punches and bleeds but ultimately gets his ass whooped on a consistent basis.

as for laying on Holloway the dude popped ligaments in his knee AND STILL DOMINATED. Not only does that prove what Im trying to say, it makes it even more likely that conor isnt just a standup guy. granted holloway is a boxer, but dont even get me started on how many one dimensional fighters Anderson Silva has faced. Its not McGregors nor Silvas fault they have fought who they have.

Time will ultimately tell. How can you blame the guy for talking some smack to miller and Sanchez??? Miller cast the first stone and yet nobody jumps his ass.

Post #21   10/30/13 11:24:36AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

If you cant see the obvious differences between conor and soto idk what to tell you

Ragdoll??? When has diego ragdolled anybody recently?? The dude is like leonard garcia, makes alot of noise throwing punches and bleeds but ultimately gets his ass whooped on a consistent basis.

as for laying on Holloway the dude popped ligaments in his knee AND STILL DOMINATED. Not only does that prove what Im trying to say, it makes it even more likely that conor isnt just a standup guy. granted holloway is a boxer, but dont even get me started on how many one dimensional fighters Anderson Silva has faced. Its not McGregors nor Silvas fault they have fought who they have.

Time will ultimately tell. How can you blame the guy for talking some smack to miller and Sanchez??? Miller cast the first stone and yet nobody jumps his ass.

Miller seems to get butt-hurt over a lot.

Post #22   10/30/13 11:42:14AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Currently, Conor is the Irish 'Houston Alexander'

When it is all said and done, he will be the white 'Gary Goodridge'

((The Voice of Reason))

LOL - You called it dude !!!

Post #23   10/30/13 12:18:49PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,323-880
Chips:
Irrespective of any trash talking, and let's face it, its all too common these days so everyone's on the bandwagon if they want to get noticed...McGregor included.

I see McGregor jabbing Sanchez's face into pulp in that fight, I can't visualise it any other way - knowing their fighting styles, I really think Diego would be eating through a straw for a while.

Post #24   10/30/13 3:04:01PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by george112

its not about recently but about his skillset and how it matches up with other fighters. Diego is a wrestler who actively works for takedowns...he just happened to have fought strong WWs and recently the best LW in the world imo (top 3 consensus) and wasn't really successful so he brawled with them. Just take a look at the number of attempts per fight. McGregor will be a small LW who currently fights at FW. Diego has fought most of his career at WW. It's tough to KO someone off your back

Holloway's ground game is slightly better than Lavar Johnson's, so I am not impressed with his performance (GSP voice). A real fighter would have done what Hamman did and stayed standing eating leg kicks trying to land the KO punch...McGregor is a coward

btw I have been anti-Anderson basically since I started following MMA closely, whatever you come up with I have used at one time or another. I don't see the relevance as one is the UFC GOAT (for now) while the other is beating the bottom of the ladder UFC fighters.

As you said, time will tell. I need to see him beat quality opponents before I can justify the hype. Right now, I see him just like Gsot, Mein, Sass, and Wonderboy were...tons of hype but nothing special on the resume.

Nobody cares about Cole Miller, but even so the vast majority of fans I noticed just assumed McGregor would win by KTFO in 1.5 seconds so they don't give a shit. BTW McGregor started calling out Swanson, Poirier, Edgar, Guida, Aldo, and anyone else at FW after beating Holloway...and then called out Diego later that day (LINK HERE). He is the one who threw the first stone(s) even though his resume lacks anything significant

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #25   10/30/13 6:58:32PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
i never said he cast the first stone at diego. just miller

and if you tear an mcl,acl,meniscus it would be pretty damn hard for ANYBODY to want to keep standing with someone in ANY sport, much less a fight where kicks are getting thrown at legs.

Diego fought gomi who is primarily a striker. yes he can wrestle but that is not really what he is known for. with your logic Diego should have ragdolled Gomi. But in reality he very very arguably lost that fight to Gomi.

im borderline using mmamath but im only doing so to prove a point

i think we are gonna have to agree to disagree on this one until Conor whoops that ass

Post #26   10/30/13 7:07:32PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2