Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gegard Mousasi Wants the Next Crack at New UFC Middleweight Lyoto Machida

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,722-963
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Lyoto Machida got through Mark Munoz on Saturday night, and now Gegard Mousasi wants a piece.

Link

Post #1   10/26/13 11:33:28PM   

Samps

MMA Regular

Samps Avatar

Career:610-346
Chips:
Nice, MW is looking good

Post #2   10/26/13 11:41:03PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,562-1,630
Chips:
That match up is badass!!

Post #3   10/27/13 12:01:50AM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Chips:
Sounds good to me

Post #4   10/27/13 12:31:53AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,736-1,506
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Okay the UFC needs book Mousasi a fight with a top contender already so he will stop calling every fighter under the sun out.

I'm all for the dude fighting top 10 opponents I just cant stand the way he is going about it.

Your a fighter Gegard not a match maker. Let Joe Silva do his job an offer you an opponent.

A call out every once in a while if you have a beef with someone and want to settle it I understand but Mousasi seems like he just wants attention.

Shogun, Belfort, Machida..........Who will be the next fighter Gegard calls out is what I would like to know.

Post #5   10/27/13 12:52:01AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I think its better for the ufc to have as few of these top guys fight each other. That way Weidman has a slew of contenders to fight should he become the new king at Mw.

Mousasi v. Bbisping is a good fight to catapult up the top 10

Post #6   10/27/13 12:54:05AM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Fantastic fight, I like it a lot.

After years of stagnation, MW is looking rather exciting right now.

--Weidman / Silva 2 still has to be sorted
--Jacare has looked magnificent, and would challenge either of those guys
--Gegard's doing his technical thing
--TRT Vitor is as scary as he is controversial
--Bisping's still around and always competitive
--Machida is a stylistic nightmare at MW

While most of those guys are likely in the twilight of their respective careers, we should see some classic fights in the next few years.

Then you've got the guys under them, like Rockhold, Carmont, Philloppou, Boetsch, and so on. Sure, sometimes they underperform, sometimes they turn in workmanlike wins (with Carmont as the biggest offender), but they've either delivered great fights in the past or have the potential for greatness - or both.

And to think, just a few years ago, Anderson was sleepwalking through Leites and Maia. I love this sport.

Post #7   10/27/13 1:01:22AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,394-1,281
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
A lot of middleweights without fights

Carmont
Rockhold
Phillipou
Franklin
Cung le
Jacare
Mousasi.

Fucking start paring them up

Post #8   10/27/13 1:10:14AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:673-365
Chips:
If they make it, then winner should get title shot

Post #9   10/27/13 1:19:33AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,519-891
Chips:
Machida is gonna make him drink his pee.

Post #10   10/27/13 1:47:54AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I really hope they make this happen. I'd love to see this fight at middleweight.

I like both guys so I'd be happy no matter the outcome.

Post #11   10/27/13 2:05:56AM   

VILLIN

Human/Sloth Hybrid

VILLIN Avatar

Career:1,822-1,042
Chips:
Tough fight for both guys. As a fan i'd love to see it but from a rankings standpoint it is too early and a waste for both guys. Machida just had his first MW bout in the UFC and Mousasi hasn't fought at MW for years. It would make more sense to make this match after both guys have knocked off a couple top 10 opponents each setting this up as a number one contender fight.

Post #12   10/27/13 6:09:30AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,140-679
Chips:
Who does Gegard Mousasi think he is. I understand completely why he's calling out a guy who's a former LHW Champion and is probably now the number 1 replacement for Silva in case of injury.

Lets put this into perspective here. Gegard Mousasi is currently 6-0-1 with his biggest wins been OSP and Mike Kyle, his UFC Debut he fought an unranked opponent - couldn't finish him and relaxed far too much. Now he's going down a weight class he thinks he's gonna get one of the UFC's biggest dogs.

The dudes gotta be smoking something. Get to the back of the pack, the UFC isn't gonna give you that number 1 contender shot straight off the back, your biggest wins came in 2008/2009. I don't think he's been ranked in the top 10 of any division since losing to King Mo.

You've gotta get your hands dirty and help the UFC out before you go calling out any old champion. How about you try finishing Carmonts current streak, the UFC doesn't like lay and pray fighters, how about you fight Tim Kennedy. Heck even fight Munoz.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #13   10/27/13 6:34:58AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,855-1,125
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Who does Gegard Mousasi think he is. I understand completely why he's calling out a guy who's a former LHW Champion and is probably now the number 1 replacement for Silva in case of injury.

Lets put this into perspective here. Gegard Mousasi is currently 6-0-1 with his biggest wins been OSP and Mike Kyle, his UFC Debut he fought an unranked opponent - couldn't finish him and relaxed far too much. Now he's going down a weight class he thinks he's gonna get one of the UFC's biggest dogs.

The dudes gotta be smoking something. Get to the back of the pack, the UFC isn't gonna give you that number 1 contender shot straight off the back, your biggest wins came in 2008/2009. I don't think he's been ranked in the top 10 of any division since losing to King Mo.

You've gotta get your hands dirty and help the UFC out before you go calling out any old champion. How about you try finishing Carmonts current streak, the UFC doesn't like lay and pray fighters, how about you fight Tim Kennedy. Heck even fight Munoz.

He's 34-3. His only loss in the past 7 years was against a top-ten opponent. In that span he's beat some great fighters in Jacare, Lombard, Kang, Sokoudjou, Manhoef, Hunt, Yoon, Babalu, and OSP, among others. He's been borderline top-ten for years now.

How's he supposed to climb the ranks without getting good opponents? He was supposed to fight Gustaffson, who got injured and then got a title-shot.

He just wants a good opponent and they won't give him one so he's calling out everyone. What else is he supposed to do?

It's not his fault that he hasn't been fighting top fighters recently. He didn't request that.

The UFC shouldn't have signed him if they're not going to use him. He would've been bettor off elsewhere. He has every right to be upset.

How did Munoz deserve a crack at Machida, but Mousasi doesn't? What makes Munoz so much better?

Last edited 10/27/13 12:20PM server time by bustamante-aoki
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #14   10/27/13 12:12:33PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Posted by jjeans

He's 34-3. His only loss in the past 7 years was against a top-ten opponent. In that span he's beat some great fighters in Jacare, Lombard, Kang, Sokoudjou, Manhoef, Hunt, Yoon, Babalu, and OSP, among others. He's been borderline top-ten for years now.

How's he supposed to climb the ranks without getting good opponents? He was supposed to fight Gustaffson, who got injured and then got a title-shot.

He just wants a good opponent and they won't give him one so he's calling out everyone. What else is he supposed to do?

It's not his fault that he hasn't been fighting top fighters recently. He didn't request that.

The UFC shouldn't have signed him if they're not going to use him. He would've been bettor off elsewhere. He has every right to be upset.

How did Munoz deserve a crack at Machida, but Mousasi doesn't? What makes Munoz so much better?

Excellent post

I couldn't agree more. Mousasi hasn't had the opportunity to do much in the UFC yet, but he's been proving for years now that he's an elite fighter who deserves to be fighting the best.

Post #15   10/27/13 1:32:02PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2