Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Is Forrest Griffin mentally prepared for his next fight??

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
in the last few interviews i have read of his he seems to be doubting himself and his chin a lot after the jardine fight. what are your thoughts on this?

Post #1   6/14/07 8:24:24PM   

griffinisback

Learning to Sprawl

griffinisback Avatar

Career:99-66
Camp: The new Breed
Chips:
There's really no way Griffin can beat Ramirez, you have two fighters , both of them predominantly strikers, one with proven knock out power (Ramirez) and one with none(Griffin). Ramirez trained for this fight up at Big Bear and worked his hands for two months with Juanito Ibarra, Quinton Jackson's trainer. And when Forrest starts to get hurt if he decides to, even with the work he's been doing at Xteme Couture there's not a chance of him taking Hector down. Don't get me wrong I like Forrest but I can only see an upset coming when I look at any of Ramirez's fights.

Post #2   6/14/07 8:31:51PM   

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:
I don't know if Forrest is doubting himself, but I am doubting him. After the Dean Of Mean got his clock cleaned and lower quality performance the Tito Ortiz has had. The fact that you are questioning his mental state should tell you all you need. The fact that Ramirez is training with Rampage's coach just gives me more confidence in the upset.

(I still picked Forrest, but I bet on The Sick Dog)

Post #3   6/14/07 8:44:20PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I think he's mentally ready, but Ramirez could DEFINITELY pull this one off just as easily as Griffin could, and I think Ramirez is the better fighter.

I like Griffin, hes a great guy, great work ethic, but his skill has always concerned me. Don't get me wrong, he is definitely well rounded, however, I think thats the problem. He's just good at everything, he's not great at any one thing IMO. Ramirez has nothing to lose, and everything to gain, he's been training harder than ever, and I think hes more mentally in this fight than Griffin is. I'd still say Griffin is a safe bet, but really I'd say this fight is 51/49 with the favor in Griffins hands.

Post #4   6/14/07 9:16:38PM   

gutoo

MMA Regular

gutoo Avatar

Career:35-16
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
ramirez has heavy hands and for me on stand up he is better than griffin
i think griffin is not a top fighter to fight for the belt IMO he need to train a lot of things and ramirez is a dangerous striker and can beat him
i dont know i dont like the style of griffin

Last edited 6/15/07 12:00AM server time by gutoo
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   6/14/07 11:58:26PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,959-1,110
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'll take Forrest, he rebounded from the Horn KO just fine

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   6/15/07 9:47:46PM   

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
I got Ramirez, saw him fight at a KOTC and seen some fights of his (used to train at No Limits really close to me) and he has really good hands and is pretty much just a little better at everything then Forrest.

Post #7   6/16/07 12:28:18AM   

vince25

MMA Regular

vince25 Avatar

Career:715-496
Camp: Ultimate
Chips:
he wins

Post #8   6/14/08 12:56:54AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,888-1,075
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by vince25

he wins

Umm, nice one pulling out the year old post...

I'll give you one thing though... it's funny to read the argument for Ramirez now.

Whatever happened to szuconni?

Post #9   6/14/08 5:17:48AM