Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Apparently 9 out of 10 americans are unaware of this

Print  
Time to rise up?
Yes, I'm fed up 12 63%
No; I 7 37%
  Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Thats a little harsh.

It's far easier to make money when you have money, and this ease of moneymaking
gets exponentially easier the more money you have. 40% of the wealth to be tied up with the 1% of people is more ludicrous in my opinion.

Svartorm, no one is crying poverty, and I'm well off myself. And P$, no one said anything about the top 60% paying their share. Its about that 1% that have 40% of the wealth.

I honestly couldn't disagree more. Everyone has the chance to earn/make money. Granted if you have more to invest you'll see a quicker return but no one is being held down by how little or how much they have. I was 36k in debt last year with student loans. I worked my ass off, held two jobs, invested well an started a small business off my own back. Things have never looked better for me.
I don't buy that we're being held back or that the control of wealth is stacked against anyone. With hard work anything is possible an people saying otherwise are wrong!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #16   10/15/13 2:24:54AM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Posted by infestructure

Thats a little harsh.

It's far easier to make money when you have money, and this ease of moneymaking
gets exponentially easier the more money you have. 40% of the wealth to be tied up with the 1% of people is more ludicrous in my opinion.

Svartorm, no one is crying poverty, and I'm well off myself. And P$, no one said anything about the top 60% paying their share. Its about that 1% that have 40% of the wealth.

I honestly couldn't disagree more. Everyone has the chance to earn/make money. Granted if you have more to invest you'll see a quicker return but no one is being held down by how little or how much they have. I was 36k in debt last year with student loans. I worked my ass off, held two jobs, invested well an started a small business off my own back. Things have never looked better for me.
I don't buy that we're being held back or that the control of wealth is stacked against anyone. With hard work anything is possible an people saying otherwise are wrong!

I dont see what you are disagreeing with. Of course everyone has the chance to make money. Thats not what the video was about.

Post #17   10/15/13 4:49:06AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Posted by SmileR

Posted by infestructure

Thats a little had's far easier to make money when you have money, and this ease of moneymaking
gets exponentially easier the more money you have. 40% of the wealth to be tied up with 1% of people is more ludicrous in my opinion.

I honestly couldn't disagree more. Everyone has the chance to earn/make money. Granted if you have more to invest you'll see a quicker return but no one is being held down by how little or how much they have. I was In debt last yearith student loans. I worked my ass off, held two jobs, invested well an started a small business off my own back. Things have never looked better for me.

I dont see what you are disagreeing with. Of course everyone has the chance to make money. Thats not what the video was about.

Sorry I wasn't too clear. I don't have a problem with 40% of the wealth sitting with 1% of the people and dissagree that its even a problem. Those people own the biggest companies, employ a large % of the population and even with the tax breaks pay a hell of a lot in to the community. I don't see how the 1% make it difficult for the rest to earn, live or succeed. Where the majority of the money sits effects no one in a capitalist society and the video is so one sided its embarrassing. That 1% own banks, insurance companies, medical companies and whatever else. Those companies employ people who earn salaries ranging from the top earners in the country to minimum wage and those all pay taxes. If people want to do something about it start a company or invest and stop looking for handouts and easy routes out. Financial responsibility isn't just something for the rich, living within your means is something that people today dont do and blaming successful people wont change that.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #18   10/15/13 8:14:41AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

That 1% own banks, insurance companies, medical companies

I'm not going to enter a huge debate or anything, but these 3 that you listed are among the 3 worst when it comes to increasing their profits and making it harder for people down the line to acquire wealth. The insurance and medical companies blame each other for rising costs, but work in tandem to secure as big of a piece of the pie as they possibly can legally(or otherwise depending on who you talk to). Screw them both, ensuring people's health should be > the almighty dollar.

Post #19   10/15/13 9:18:37AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by SmileR

That 1% own banks, insurance companies, medical companies

I'm not going to enter a huge debate or anything, but these 3 that you listed are among the 3 worst when it comes to increasing their profits and making it harder for people down the line to acquire wealth. The insurance and medical companies blame each other for rising costs, but work in tandem to secure as big of a piece of the pie as they possibly can legally(or otherwise depending on who you talk to). Screw them both, ensuring people's health should be > the almighty dollar.

WAR CANADA

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #20   10/15/13 10:26:51AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:2,003-1,175
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
It's ok to spend trillions of dollars for wars in other countries, But when it comes to funding your own citizens with healthcare.....SHUTDOWN THE GOV'T..

Last edited 10/15/13 11:20AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   10/15/13 11:20:25AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,311-856
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I dont think I agree with one thing said in this thread.

Things are not as simple as some of yall are making it out to be.

Alot of it has to do with the time one went into the workforce.

Anybody entering the workforce Post 2005 have it EXPONENTIALLY harder than say someone who entered Pre. ESPECIALLY The 90s

Post #22   10/15/13 11:26:39AM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,622-990
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by george112

Anybody entering the workforce Post 2005 have it EXPONENTIALLY harder than say someone who entered Pre. ESPECIALLY The 90s

I suppose that depends on your point of perspective brother! What about the people who got in to the workforce in the late 80's to late 90's and lost all their wealth either flipping houses, or the stock market crash? Someone who entered the workforce, in the USA, in 2005, would have far less time to accumulate and lose capital as opposed to the people who have been working for decades.

Hell, the cost of housing is so low right now, some of my employees who are no older than 22-25 years of age are getting mortgage rates on homes cheaper than rent for an apartment. Not to mention the old saying with stocks, buy low, sell high. I much prefer real estate, but hey.... there's options

Post #23   10/15/13 11:50:16AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by george112

I suppose that depends on your point of perspective brother! What about the people who got in to the workforce in the late 80's to late 90's and lost all their wealth either flipping houses, or the stock market crash? Someone who entered the workforce, in the USA, in 2005, would have far less time to accumulate and lose capital as opposed to the people who have been working for decades.

Hell, the cost of housing is so low right now, some of my employees who are no older than 22-25 years of age are getting mortgage rates on homes cheaper than rent for an apartment. Not to mention the old saying with stocks, buy low, sell high. I much prefer real estate, but hey.... there's options

The point I was trying to make was that the economy Post 2005 is as worse as it's ever been. Since of course long before we were born.

The dollar buys hardly anything. Yeah interest rates are low, but that doesnt fix the fact that this country has ingrained into it's citizens that using credit is a GOOD thing. It is the absolute worst philosophy financially

Now to address the time to accumulate money.

This goes along with what I said about the dollar hardly buying shit anymore. The cost of living is through the roof. I am a testament to that. I work my ass off day in and day out yet make little progress. The federal income taxes are fucking everybody. Not to mention the social security taz which is INSUSTAINABLE.

The people that lost there homes and all their money because of bad investment was just that BAD INVESTMENT.

To be wealthy in this country is DIFFICULT. You either have to be an athlete, celebrity, trust fund baby, super smart, or inherit a business.

Sure nothing is impossible as Im sure there are plenty of people that that fact doesnt apply to, but they are in the minority by FAR

Post #24   10/15/13 12:30:21PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by pmoney

Posted by voodoo-jitsu

the only thing i'm tired of is people driving damn near brand new cars sitting in the welfare line with their iphones taking "free" money (as most of them see it). maybe, just maybe if they get off their ass and EARN a living the lower middle class and borderline poverty people that actually work for a living could get ahead a little bit.

i'm not too concerned about the rich at all. i'm more concerned about the asshole that hasn't filled out a W2 in the past five years collecting welfare and having nicer shit than me

Agreed. I've met people who have never payed taxes that are on unemployment. I've had friends that straight lied to the government about how much they make so they can get food stamps for their four kids. It's disgusting.

My pops died when I was 13, and I've been working ever since. All he left me was a Chevrolet S-10 pickup that was ten years old by the time I was legally allowed to drive it. If I can make it......

This. I also hate people that take advantage of disability. I think it was on 60 Minutes last week, saying that how social security pays out millions of dollars in fake disabilty each year. These people that scam the system, wreck it for the people that acutally need help, whether it be disability, food stamps, or unemployment.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #25   10/15/13 1:27:09PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by george112

To be wealthy in this country is DIFFICULT. You either have to be an athlete, celebrity, trust fund baby, super smart, or inherit a business.

Sure nothing is impossible as Im sure there are plenty of people that that fact doesnt apply to, but they are in the minority by FAR

If you look hard for examples of people who got fucked by the system, you'll find them. If you look hard for people who started from nothing and have everything these days, you'll find those too. All depends on perspective and people that like to rock a victim mentality don't usually see those other people.

Also, the "cost of living" hasn't really gone up much at all. It's that the things people consider important didn't exist years ago. You're not just getting by if all you have is an old iphone and DSL with basic cable for your small LCD tv.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #26   10/15/13 1:46:34PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

If you don't think the cost of living has gone up then you are falling for the illusion.

Like I said, the dollar doesn't by shit anymore.
You can even look at it as simply what could you buy at the corner store when you were kid.

5 bucks when I went could get me a 20 oz coke. Candy (starburst, m&ms, etc) and a bag of chips. That was in 2000–2001

These days, a damn 20 oz is like a 1.59 add tax to that, chip prices are outrageous add tax to that also. Then gor for your 1.08 candy that used to cost you 75 cents

See where Im going with this?

The point im trying to make is that the dollar cant buy shit anymore and if you think 100 or even 20 bucks is the same as it was 12-13 years ago then you are living in denial

Last edited 10/15/13 2:44PM server time by George112
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #27   10/15/13 2:41:44PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:2,003-1,175
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by george112

If you don't think the cost of living has gone up then you are falling for the illusion.

Like I said, the dollar doesn't by shit anymore.
You can even look at it as simply what could you buy at the corner store when you were kid.

5 bucks when I went could get me a 20 oz coke. Candy (starburst, m&ms, etc) and a bag of chips. That was in 2000–2001

These days, a damn 20 oz is like a 1.59 add tax to that, chip prices are outrageous add tax to that also. Then gor for your 1.08 candy that used to cost you 75 cents

See where Im going with this?

The point im trying to make is that the dollar cant buy shit anymore and if you think 100 or even 20 bucks is the same as it was 12-13 years ago then you are living in denial

Stop buying pepsi and coke products, you can still find soda,chips and candy that cost under a buck...

Nothing will overtake the american currency...other countries have tried for years and the shit will not happen.

Post #28   10/15/13 2:56:58PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:
LOL

You are completely missing the point.

The same pepsi and coke products that used to cost cheaper are no longer cheap.

Apply that to all consumer products.

The dollar doesnt go as far as it used to. THAT is my point. Not that nobody can bargain shop

You are way too naive. If you think we will never get overtaken then go on believing that. We are so far in debt its not even funny. For some reason countries still trust the dollar. If we keep on the path were on that confidence will run out. I promise you

Post #29   10/15/13 3:04:39PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Crazy shit

Have the wealthy pay more taxes than us.
As in like 75% overall taxes

Post #30   10/15/13 3:18:35PM   

Page 2 of 5     1     2     3     4     5