Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Quick hockey (NHL) question

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,499-1,386
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

we have had these debates many times before and nothing has changed lol. Malkin was the main reason Sid has a Stanley Cup ring. Malkin carried the team to a better win % when Crosby broke his foot a few years ago (or w/e the injury was, not the concussion). He is not as flashy nor puts up the regular season numbers but that doesn't mean he isn't a better player. We both agreed before that Gretzky isn't the best player ever yet he has more points than anyone. You say Lemieux was better, I say Orr was better. Malkin is currently playing with throwaway scrubs as his linemates (Jokinen and Kobasew) or a ceiling 3rd liner in Bennett, it's not like he has much help.

Tomas Hertl leads the league in goals, does that make him the best sniper in the world?

I will cheer for the name on the front of the jersey come Sochi. Crosby was a ghost in Vancouver until his cherry picking goal at the very end, and I expect more of the same.

You make some good points but ultimately you are actually making the case for picking Crosby over Malkin even stronger.

If Malkin is playing with scrubs on the 2nd line and Crosby is getting the better wingers on top of extra ice-time why wouldn't he be the better pick even if you think Malkin is the superior player.

Fantasy Sports are just numbers games...I love Datsyuk and see him as the most complete player in the league but I'd never pick him in a fantasy game unless it was after the first 2 or 3 rounds. As good as he is, he rarely tops 90 pts and his great defence just doesn't provide any value in these games.

Post #16   10/15/13 5:52:39PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:
Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady, Jordan vs Lebron vs Kobe, etc generally comes down to playoff performances (Tiger Woods and majors). I'm looking at 2 of the 5 best players in the world, arguably top 3, so that is my tie breaker. Btw Chara was on Malkin mostly in games 2-4 last year. Ovechkin, who lots of people like to rip on, is the only true legitimate threat on his team and faces the top shutdown Dmen but is able to produce almost nightly (yes Crosby has been able to rack up a ton of points against the swiss cheese defense in Ottawa and Philly in like 7 combined series while Ovie has had to go against the Rangers each of the last 3 seasons).

Fleury and Gill did play solid that series especially the last 2 games, but after games 1 and 2 the Pens were so deflated and had that "here we go again" vibe. Then when Malkin avoided game 3 suspension, he came in and scored 5 points in the next two games to get them back in. You would think the supposed best player in the world could score points in more than 2 games that series...there's a reason why Malkin won the Conn Smythe

Neal would not be a seasonal 40 goal guy if it wasn't for Malkin. That argument can work both ways. Dupuis was never really given a chance as he was always getting hurt every year. Playing on mediocre teams didn't help his development either...btw he has never scored 30.

Flashy, that is true. But if I had top pick, I'd probably take Ovechkin as the C depth is so much greater than either wing position. If I did take Crosby, I would flip him as soon as I can once the draft is over and bring in 2 studs. Malkin is also 2 position eligible

Last edited 10/15/13 7:18PM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #17   10/15/13 7:16:45PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:2,011-1,179
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Peyton Manning vs Tom Brady, Jordan vs Lebron vs Kobe, etc generally comes down to playoff performances (Tiger Woods and majors). I'm looking at 2 of the 5 best players in the world, arguably top 3, so that is my tie breaker. Btw Chara was on Malkin mostly in games 2-4 last year. Ovechkin, who lots of people like to rip on, is the only true legitimate threat on his team and faces the top shutdown Dmen but is able to produce almost nightly (yes Crosby has been able to rack up a ton of points against the swiss cheese defense in Ottawa and Philly in like 7 combined series while Ovie has had to go against the Rangers each of the last 3 seasons).

Fleury and Gill did play solid that series especially the last 2 games, but after games 1 and 2 the Pens were so deflated and had that "here we go again" vibe. Then when Malkin avoided game 3 suspension, he came in and scored 5 points in the next two games to get them back in. You would think the supposed best player in the world could score points in more than 2 games that series...there's a reason why Malkin won the Conn Smythe

Neal would not be a seasonal 40 goal guy if it wasn't for Malkin. That argument can work both ways. Dupuis was never really given a chance as he was always getting hurt every year. Playing on mediocre teams didn't help his development either...btw he has never scored 30.

Flashy, that is true. But if I had top pick, I'd probably take Ovechkin as the C depth is so much greater than either wing position. If I did take Crosby, I would flip him as soon as I can once the draft is over and bring in 2 studs. Malkin is also 2 position eligible

Crosby has better playoff numbers across the board much better plus mins... +16 compared to a plus 2 for Geno......Plus Sid doesn't take horrible penalties like Malkin does when he gets frustrated .

Crosby > Malkin > Ovi

Every story with GM's,Coaches, and Players all vote Sid as their #1 guy.

I may be a homer...But you're just hating..

I can admit Manning and Brady are the best and i'm a steelers fan...Hell there isn't a steeler player currently the best in the league at anything.

Post #18   10/15/13 10:00:28PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:2,011-1,179
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Crosby also missed the last 2 periods of game and was matched against datsyuk for the better part of that series.

Post #19   10/15/13 10:01:43PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:3,050-1,735
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Mr. Freeze Minions
1. (1) Sidney Crosby (Pit - C)
2. (12) P.K. Subban (Mon - D)
3. (13) Semyon Varlamov (Col - G)