Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Colin "Big C" Robinson VS Eddie Sanchez

Print  
Posted By Message

szucconi

In Full Mount

szucconi Avatar

Career:440-296
Chips:
Eddie Sanchez got thrown to CC his last match and now he has to fight a guy from Northern Ireland in Belfast. If this is anything list UFC 70 the they are going to give the home town guys people they can beat. Etim walked over Grice and Bisping was given Sinosic to pound.

Is it just me or is Sanchez getting shafted? I have never seen Robinson fight, but he hasen't fought and top level fights, by a long shot. Anybody know anything about him? Is he going to destroy Sanchez or is he on the card because he is from Northern Ireland?

Post #1   6/14/07 2:14:19PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
I think he's on the card because he's from Ireland. I don't see him beating Sanchez.

Post #2   6/14/07 2:37:01PM   

NME

MMA Regular

NME Avatar

Career:513-264
Camp: The F4W EMPIRE~!
Chips:

Posted by szucconi

Eddie Sanchez got thrown to CC his last match and now he has to fight a guy from Northern Ireland in Belfast. If this is anything list UFC 70 the they are going to give the home town guys people they can beat. Etim walked over Grice and Bisping was given Sinosic to pound.

Is it just me or is Sanchez getting shafted? I have never seen Robinson fight, but he hasen't fought and top level fights, by a long shot. Anybody know anything about him? Is he going to destroy Sanchez or is he on the card because he is from Northern Ireland?

I remember this video clip that was shown after Sanchez's fight with Cro Cop where Dana went into Sanchez's locker room and consoled him, saying that a loss to Cro Cop is nothing to be ashamed of and that Sanchez shouldn't worry, that he would be back.

Something in the way Dana said this showed great pride in Sanchez. It felt, to me, like Dana really appreciated what Sanchez had done (fighting a guy he had no real chance to defeat and took a beating) and wanted to give him a chance in the future.

But then, this is Dana, who could sell snow cones on the north pole. So when Sanchez ends up on his back 19 seconds in, I will feel foolish, but I won't be shocked.

Post #3   6/14/07 2:39:34PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Sanchez might have a bad wrap from the CC fight, but before that he was a young undefeated heavyweight that actually showed some promise...

If anything, they probably see this as a great standup fight, and maybe even a comeback victory for sanchez...

I don't think Grice was fed to Etim... They were both 9-0 and pretty evenly matched... And until Etim caught him in that choke, Grice was putting on a GnP clinic... Good fight over all... Unfortunately I can't say the same for Bisbing's opponent... Although he seems like a great guy, Elvis is just being used as cannon fodder nowadays...

Post #4   6/14/07 3:28:52PM   

SteedTheDeed

Standup Guy

SteedTheDeed Avatar

Career:786-501
Chips:
Robinson is a good boxer but in Ireland they are too drunk to tell whose good and who isn't.

Post #5   6/16/07 4:42:52AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
anybody got a video for this fight ?

Post #6   6/16/07 7:32:52PM   

Believe-in-judo81

Standup Guy

Believe-in-judo81 Avatar

Career:288-153
Chips:
Man, it's really weak that Eddie is getting such a bum rap after the Crocop bout. On a pure skills level he's still a young promising fighter with solid hands and some serious KO power. As far as I'm concerned he's still in the formative stages of his career and the jury's still out.

Post #7   6/16/07 7:44:43PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by Believe-in-judo81

Man, it's really weak that Eddie is getting such a bum rap after the Crocop bout. On a pure skills level he's still a young promising fighter with solid hands and some serious KO power. As far as I'm concerned he's still in the formative stages of his career and the jury's still out.

Well, considering his performance in that fight, is that so strange?

I've never seen a fighter so scared. Sure, I'd be scared too and all that but he's there to do his job and he looked like he was about to pee his pants.

Post #8   6/16/07 11:11:18PM