Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chuck Liddell doesn't want to watch Georges St. Pierre 'playing it safe'

Print  
  Page 4 of 13     1     2     3     4     5     6     7   >>
Posted By Message

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
to beat GSP it's obvious you need to frustrate and make him uncomfortable.

Defend his TD and possibly get a TD on him.

I think if him and Hendricks is a stand-up fight. GSP would outpoint him over 5 rounds...But Hendricks power is something to fear. So if Johnny can stuff the TD's and keep GSP on his feet, Could fuck with GSP enough to worry about that power shot coming and putting him to sleep.

But i don't think GSP is going to be afraid to stand with him or anyone.

I mean if i'm my towns chili cook off champion for 3 years straight, I'm not going to change my recipe until someone executes a recipe to beat mine.

Post #46   10/3/13 10:47:24AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by NikkiNeversleep

I'm more about Chael's personality and his grit than his fighting style. He went after a man recognized worldwide as the "GOAT" zero fear there. I say "coward" because i cant find a better word for it. To say no fighter is a coward is also asinine, Brett Rogers, coward. Clay Guida, was cowardly in the Maynard fight. You're getting way too heated over my personal opinion of a man neither of us know on a personal level hun lol.

the word coward is the issue, there are better adjectives to use

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #47   10/3/13 10:48:38AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

This thread is silly. GSP plays it safe. It is more exciting to watch a fighter trying to finish. Chuck put on exciting fights and it cost him in the end but it doesn't change the fact that fans don't like watching a fighter play it safe.

If you don't think Chuck has a point remove yourself from GSP's nuts and take a step back.

Yet GSP is the biggest draw in the entire MMA world. So despite you not finding his style fun to watch, apparently the majority of MMA fans disagree.

Post #48   10/3/13 10:51:45AM   

NikkiNeversleep

MMA Regular

NikkiNeversleep Avatar

Career:134-107
Chips:
@Bubbles, suggestions?
---
@FlashyG could argue that most people wanna see him lose, and thats why they pay for his PPVs, that and he has awesome undercard talent. Cote? Yes please.

Post #49   10/3/13 11:03:52AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

This thread is silly. GSP plays it safe. It is more exciting to watch a fighter trying to finish. Chuck put on exciting fights and it cost him in the end but it doesn't change the fact that fans don't like watching a fighter play it safe.

If you don't think Chuck has a point remove yourself from GSP's nuts and take a step back.

Yet GSP is the biggest draw in the entire MMA world. So despite you not finding his style fun to watch, apparently the majority of MMA fans disagree.

GSP is the biggest draw bc Canadians like to see their countryman win and not because he is exciting. I, like million of other viewers watch the Bears play every year but it doesn't mean they are one of the more exciting teams in the NFL. It just means people from Chicago like to root for their home team.

Everyone here will pick GSP to win by decision. Predictability is not a word synonymous with excitement.

Post #50   10/3/13 11:09:44AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Chips:
I don't mind watching GSP

Seriously people act like they are paying for JUST the GSP fight.

But yet people are okay paying 75 for a boring ass boxing match

people aren't satisfied with seeing GSP dominate for 5 rds??

Post #51   10/3/13 11:27:44AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by george112

I don't mind watching GSP

Seriously people act like they are paying for JUST the GSP fight.

But yet people are okay paying 75 for a boring ass boxing match

people aren't satisfied with seeing GSP dominate for 5 rds??

People just don't understand or give credit for the ability to put a man in place for 25 minutes and keep him there, While landing.

I mean its not like he's LNP to strikers only..he's doing it to high level wrestlers/grapplers.

Last edited 10/3/13 11:37AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #52   10/3/13 11:34:59AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
I've taken pot shots at GSP but I think he is a gifted athlete and he trains harder than anyone else in the business. Some of you think he's playing it safe but I have a completely different perspective. After the Serra era, GSP found out what it was like to be at the tail end of a tko highlight. Since then, he has re-invented himself and only wants to do enough to win a fight without having to cripple his opponent. Remember GSP is a die-hard Karate student. In Karate and most martial arts, you are always taught to be merciful and humane - even in competition and GSP has proven he is a true student of the art.

* The kick that knocked out Hughes was "fighting instincts." Josh's broken orbital - it is my opinion GSP did not mean to do that much harm.

Post #53   10/3/13 12:12:27PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I've taken pot shots at GSP but I think he is a gifted athlete and he trains harder than anyone else in the business. Some of you think he's playing it safe but I have a completely different perspective. After the Serra era, GSP found out what it was like to be at the tail end of a tko highlight. Since then, he has re-invented himself and only wants to do enough to win a fight without having to cripple his opponent. Remember GSP is a die-hard Karate student. In Karate and most martial arts, you are always taught to be merciful and humane - even in competition and GSP has proven he is a true student of the art.

* The kick that knocked out Hughes was "fighting instincts." Josh's broken orbital - it is my opinion GSP did not mean to do that much harm.

When and who did he cripple before the Serra fight?

Post #54   10/3/13 12:19:04PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,300-892
Chips:
I enjoy GPS's fights as much as any fight typically. People who constantly bitch about one of the best, most dominating fighters ever continuing to be the best while dominating great challenger after challenger are one of the more annoying elements of the MMA spectrum today.

Last edited 10/3/13 2:13PM server time by GDPofMPG

Post #55   10/3/13 12:22:37PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I love Chuck but how many times has he called GSP out for this now? He should bully somebody else

EDIT:

Question: if the UFC does a Japan event can they do open weight and PRIDE rules? If so GSP vs Liddell would be awesome.

Last edited 10/3/13 12:24PM server time by Boo_Radley21

Post #56   10/3/13 12:24:12PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

GSP is the biggest draw bc Canadians like to see their countryman win and not because he is exciting. I, like million of other viewers watch the Bears play every year but it doesn't mean they are one of the more exciting teams in the NFL. It just means people from Chicago like to root for their home team.

Everyone here will pick GSP to win by decision. Predictability is not a word synonymous with excitement.

right because Canadians are the only reason his PPV sales are better than everyone else and wait Anderson Silva must be boring because him by KO is a predictable outcome

Last edited 10/3/13 12:30PM server time by bubbles
2 total post edits

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #57   10/3/13 12:26:05PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

right because Canadians are the only reason his PPV sales are better than everyone else

oh wait Anderson Silva must be boring because him by KO is a predictable outcome

A Canadian coming to defense of GSP does more to solidify my argument than it does yours and we both know Andy is far from predictable.

Post #58   10/3/13 12:33:39PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

right because Canadians are the only reason his PPV sales are better than everyone else

oh wait Anderson Silva must be boring because him by KO is a predictable outcome

A Canadian coming to defense of GSP does more to solidify my argument than it does yours and we both know Andy is far from predictable.

If everyone picks GSP via decision, and Silva is far from predictable, why pick Silva via Round 2 TKO/KO in all his fights?

Post #59   10/3/13 12:41:05PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,428-1,454
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i dont like the way GSP fight, but like Fitch..I know I will ALWAYS get a EASY 11 pts from him..I dont even think bout the match..GSP UD 11 pts..i'm not even gonna argue with his fighting style..its pointless..we all saw that he changed after being ko'd by a smaller weak Serra..at least Chuck went in there to FIGHT!..win or lose he wanted to put on a show for the fans, something GSP hasnt been doing..even his Canadian fans are losing respect from him..I remember clearly the Canadian crowd was booing GSP at times during the Diaz fight from it being so boring..

Post #60   10/3/13 12:44:35PM   

Page 4 of 13     1     2     3     4     5     6     7   >>