Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

US Govt Shutdown

Print  
Posted By Message

NikkiNeversleep

MMA Regular

NikkiNeversleep Avatar

Career:134-107
Chips:
I know that we're not suppose to post political threads, but i dont wanna ask about people's opinions on the politics of the government shutdown i just have 1 simple question for my fellow Americans:
Did you really even notice anything change? Lulz

Last edited 10/1/13 11:08AM server time by nikkineversleep
Edit note/reason: typo

Post #1   10/1/13 11:07:21AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,958-1,134
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I've made more money under this administration than the last and i've also purchased a home, So i don't really care, as long as my mail still arrives so i can pay my bills and get my magazines, I don't care that they're all acting like children and hopefully the stock markets don't reflect on GTA V.

Post #2   10/1/13 11:35:05AM   

NikkiNeversleep

MMA Regular

NikkiNeversleep Avatar

Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

I've made more money under this administration than the last and i've also purchased a home, So i don't really care, as long as my mail still arrives so i can pay my bills and get my magazines, I don't care that they're all acting like children and hopefully the stock markets don't reflect on GTA V.

To my understanding all govt workers, postal and others, are still working just without pay. Plenty of people needing tips, and my mail man will be getting one from me when i catch him.

Post #3   10/1/13 11:38:57AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by NikkiNeversleep

To my understanding all govt workers, postal and others, are still working just without pay. Plenty of people needing tips, and my mail man will be getting one from me when i catch him.

sounds like a video I watched a couple weeks ago

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #4   10/1/13 11:55:53AM   

NikkiNeversleep

MMA Regular

NikkiNeversleep Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by NikkiNeversleep

sounds like a video I watched a couple weeks ago

lol they deserve thanks for what they do. Seriously.lulz.

Post #5   10/1/13 11:59:41AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
You'll notice saturday
Army, Navy, Airforce travel suspended

Post #6   10/1/13 3:57:48PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,143-615
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
My main gripe over this is that it seems to have zero effect on foreign relations (military expansion and foreign "aid").
How can they shutdown the FDA, NASA, etc. yet not touch all of the wasted money on foreign relations?
Or maybe they have and I just haven't read it.

Post #7   10/1/13 9:24:22PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Copenhagen

My main gripe over this is that it seems to have zero effect on foreign relations (military expansion and foreign "aid").
How can they shutdown the FDA, NASA, etc. yet not touch all of the wasted money on foreign relations?
Or maybe they have and I just haven't read it.

Read my Sig

nuff said

Post #8   10/1/13 9:37:48PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
since I have no idea what the hell is going on down there, how accurate is this?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #9   10/4/13 9:44:41AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

since I have no idea what the hell is going on down there, how accurate is this?

Congress talks about reducing the shit, but then get into fights about it so it doesn't happen. The real issue is raise the shit ceiling or default (say we can't move this shit so gfy and gl :))

Post #10   10/4/13 9:59:02AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Military are getting paid, but the payment might be delayed if no funding comes in. Alot of credit unions/banks are giving 0% interest loans to cover the the paychecks the military members might not recieve, under the (rightful) assumption that the government will backpay for time worked. The military contract dictates our pay in accordance with our rank. So if we don't get paid the amount our contract states, the government is in breach of its contract and are open to lawsuit. Lawsuits are more costly, so its fair to assume that back pay will take place.

Civilians GS employees are losing all hours, but may get to stay if their work load dictates that they need to continue working.

The debt cieling issue is above my head, but i believe its supposed to be really bad if we default there. Whatever that might mean.

The whole shutting down the government through filibuster to stop universal health care is ridiculous, but i also think it's hilarious that someone like Ted Cruz read Dr Seuss books for 23 hours just to keep the filibuster going while the all these dreadful and incredibly serious consequences loom around the corner if we don't get our shit together in time. The Balls. I'm not even mad, i'm impressed.

Post #11   10/6/13 8:47:39AM