Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Urijah Faber: Time to 'have the conversation' about stripping Dominick Cruz of title

Print  
Time to strip Cruz of title?
Yes 30 79%
No 4 11%
Don King 4 11%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,787-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
While the top of the UFC bantamweight division is in a state of flux, Urijah Faber has been going about his business.

Champion Dominick Cruz has been out nearly two years with a knee injury. In his absence, interim champion Renan Barao makes his case for the No. 1 spot with each successive fight...

Full Story

Post #1   9/30/13 8:37:41AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,040-604
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I normally wouldn't say yes on this poll, but he doesn't even have a projected return date yet. Just vague references to early 2014 to fight against Barao...if he is fortunate.

Post #2   9/30/13 10:49:23AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
No action from Dominick Cruz in 2 years, how could you tell he was gone? Seems like the same ole to me.

I thought the ratio of good fights to boring fights had risen.

Post #3   9/30/13 11:17:45AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
Barao's next fight should be for the real title no matter who it is and that needs to be put on paper because there is a good chance Cruz may pull out.

Post #4   9/30/13 11:31:52AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,529-891
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I agree but it irritates me Uriah is the one saying it. You don't have the belt Uriah and you squandered your last 4 attempts at getting one so what the fuck do you care? Let Baroa complain.

Post #5   9/30/13 11:36:14AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I agree but it irritates me Uriah is the one saying it. You don't have the belt Uriah and you squandered your last 4 attempts at getting one so what the fuck do you care? Let Baroa complain.

THIS. Why does it matter to Urijah? He isn't in-line for it. Let Barao worry about it. And it this point, it doesnt seem that Barao is too worried about it.

To answer the poll question. If he can't give a definate answer as to when he will be back, then yes, he should be stripped. If he can sign into a fight with Barao in early 2014 then i say no. However, if he backs from that fight, then yes, it should be stripped. I think it can go a few different ways. Maybe they arent giving a date so people can be jacked about the return.

Post #6   9/30/13 11:42:17AM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,209-849
Chips:
For reals, Faber suggesting it means with out a shadow of a doubt the only way Cruz should lose the title is in the cage. I don't but any argument for stripping Cruz unless he intends not to compete again. He loses the belt by losing to another fighter, anything else is chickenshit.

Last edited 9/30/13 12:03PM server time by GDPofMPG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   9/30/13 12:01:48PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,884-1,147
Chips:
Someone on Sherdog made a thread about switching the belts. Make Cruz the interim and Barao the champ.

I like that idea. Makes sense for all parties involved. Cruz is still champ, with a guaranteed title shot on his return. The UFC can promote title fights, and Barao is the legitimate champ. Everyone wins.

And if UFC can find an excuse they'll give Urijah another title-shot.

Post #8   9/30/13 12:14:57PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
No fight in two years
Would be at least 2 and half if Cruz fights

They stripped Mir
Strip Cruz. Give barao the belt

Post #9   9/30/13 12:18:28PM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,884-1,147
Chips:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Fabricio Werdum coached the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil earlier this year, and White promises "shocking news" when they announce the next coaches for the reality show.Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Fabricio Werdum coached the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil earlier this year, and White promises "shocking news" when they announce the next coaches for the reality show.

"I have decided, we have the coaches," he said. "The coaches will shock and amaze you. You will be blown away by who will coach here next season. And I can't tell you because we're not announcing it yet."

Lyoto vs. Vitor?

Last edited 9/30/13 12:30PM server time by bustamante-aoki
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   9/30/13 12:29:52PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Someone on Sherdog made a thread about switching the belts. Make Cruz the interim and Barao the champ.

I like that idea. Makes sense for all parties involved. Cruz is still champ, with a guaranteed title shot on his return. The UFC can promote title fights, and Barao is the legitimate champ. Everyone wins.

And if UFC can find an excuse they'll give Urijah another title-shot.

wait someone on sherdog made a logical statement?

I too like that idea

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #11   9/30/13 12:31:40PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,529-891
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Fabricio Werdum coached the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil earlier this year, and White promises "shocking news" when they announce the next coaches for the reality show.Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Fabricio Werdum coached the second season of The Ultimate Fighter Brazil earlier this year, and White promises "shocking news" when they announce the next coaches for the reality show.

"I have decided, we have the coaches," he said. "The coaches will shock and amaze you. You will be blown away by who will coach here next season. And I can't tell you because we're not announcing it yet."

Lyoto vs. Vitor?

Lyoto filled in for Bisping. He's fighting Munoz. You got me on the coaches. Andy v Weidman?

Post #12   9/30/13 3:57:13PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,260-1,272
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The only way you take Cruz' title away is if he's not fighting Barao when he comes back, or if he's not coming back at all.

Switching their titles doesn't accomplish anything, Cruz is the champ and remains so until he loses or retires. If his next fight is going to be against the interim champ then what difference does it make who has what belt and what the title is called.

Ultimately Cruz is the champ until he loses or retires regardless of what they do with the belts.

The reason you probably don't hear Barao talking about this is because he wouldn't want to be given the belt, he wants to earn it like everyone else did.

Post #13   9/30/13 4:19:27PM   

OnyxShadow

Fearless Leader

OnyxShadow Avatar

Career:1,900-925
Camp: World Top Team
Chips:
I don't have a problem with Faber saying this. Granted, he may have an interest in the belt being "on the market" again, but he's really just saying what most of us are thinking anyway. Cruz shouldn't be able to cling indefinitely to a belt that's he's not defending. If anything more of the top 135 pound fighters should be pushing for this and making an issue of it. It would make sense to finally have something set in stone regarding how long a belt should be able to be kept out of the ring.

Post #14   9/30/13 5:23:43PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

They stripped Mir
Strip Cruz. Give barao the belt

this.

Post #15   9/30/13 6:38:16PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2