Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC plans 13 events in Brazil on 2014

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,690-1,487
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
With the upcoming events in Barueri and Goiania, Brazil will end 2013 with seven UFC events. And Dana White wants more next year. During UFC 168 media day, the UFC president revealed his plans for the country for 2014...

Link

Post #1   9/30/13 8:29:54AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,812-1,098
Chips:
North American fans are losing interest. JMMA is dying, the majority of Japanese have lost interest, and putting on events in Japan is expensive.

England and Europe didn't pay off as well as the UFC liked. It's expensive to promote events there and its still a fringe sport. Australia is a long way from the states and also probably expensive.

Brazil is where the money's at now. I wonder how long it will last?

Post #2   9/30/13 12:05:23PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I do agree
With that being Said. Vegas is a cash cow
Just do more shows in Vegas than other cities if they wanna make bank.

Los Angeles Seattle do good too.

13 events in Brazil. Means fighters like belfort Shogun machida Aldo barao big nog werdum will be fighting in Brazil so people like myself who go to the fights a lot will not be able to see some Brazil stars ever fight

Post #3   9/30/13 12:22:46PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,171-1,277
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
More like 13 amateur style UFC events in Brazil. I don\t care if they get 26 events next year all of the Brazil shows are filled with people even us hardcore fans have never heard of and main events that are barely main card worthy on UFC numbered shows. These cards are always far below the standard we get anywhere outside of Brazil.

Post #4   9/30/13 6:33:16PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

North American fans are losing interest. JMMA is dying, the majority of Japanese have lost interest, and putting on events in Japan is expensive.

England and Europe didn't pay off as well as the UFC liked. It's expensive to promote events there and its still a fringe sport. Australia is a long way from the states and also probably expensive.

Brazil is where the money's at now. I wonder how long it will last?

its oversaturation. When you have 2-3 events a month and need to shell $500+ a year just to watch all the PPVs, the allure isn't as great anymore. TUF has become pretty stale. I've never been a guy to say there are too many events, but there comes a point where it is nearing a plateau. Ideally all events should be on TV like all of the other major sports but if they want to keep the PPV model, imo they need to have the free cards with less star power and save those for the PPV...but I'm sure FOX won't have any of that

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   10/1/13 9:31:18AM