Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Tim Kennedys long search for a new opponent

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,099-661
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
So Tim Kennedy's been looking for a new opponent now that Machida's out of his fight.

He's taken to twitter to call some names out and fair play to him, he's called out guys on wins, loses, guys who are well established and still relatively unknown and he's sparked up quite a bit of media from it. Here are my highlights:

Dear @ufc middleweights,
I have lost another opponent. Would someone please step up & fight me at Fight For The Troops 3. Pretty please!
TK

Mr. @RichFranklin
I'm not sure if you have plans Nov 6th? I just got stood up on for a date, and now need someone else to step in...

Hey @ChrisCamozzi I think you have bad hair, and should fight me in defense if your stylist. (My best attempt at picking a fight)

Hey @CungLe185
You vs me main-event at @ufc Fight For The Troops 3. I would also like to point out that you are old.
Tk

Yo @mousasi_mma
I'm not exactly sure where Leiden is, but I want to put you in a "Dutch oven". (See what I did there). Let's fight over it.

Mr. @wandfc
Don't fight Chael Sonnen. He has better wrestling than me, and a better chin. I am a way easier fight. You vs Me Nov 6th @ufc

You need to know Mr. @wandfc that one of my secret agents poised your food yesterday. You have to fight me if you want the antidote. #life

News flash!!! @nickdiaz209 I stole your pot, and bicycle. If you want them back you have to come out of retirement and fight me @ufc Nov 6th
Screw it....

Hey @Philippou185UFC want to get back in there asap? I promise not to wrestle if you promise not to punch me?!?!

Mr @ShogunRua
Australia is a long flight how bout you/me in kentucky & we go at 195lbs. You don't need training camp since you don't train

Opportunity knocks @rafaelsaponatal you always win, but no one knows who you are. When I'm done with you, neither will you(Tough guy voice)

I wanted to point out to Mr. @thalesleites that my last 3 opponents were from Brazil & they "fell through"perhaps you would actually show up

Hey @RichFranklin aka "American Fighter"
I want your nickname. It's cool & clever. I'll fight you for it!
Tim (aka future American Fighter)

I think @ShogunRua dresses like a Brooklyn pimp (not the classy kind). I should give him a lesson in style and fighting. @ufc FFTT 3 Nov 6th

Love or hate Tim, he's a fighter no handpicking opponents, just go in there and do his job. Also give some credit to Jake, he told me to check out his feed.

Last edited 9/28/13 7:37PM server time by jjeans
Edit note/reason: n/a

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #1   9/28/13 7:14:35PM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,038-575
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Best shit talking ever.

Post #2   9/28/13 7:16:36PM   

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,621-903
Chips:
Wow. Tim Kennedy is actually funny for once.

Post #3   9/28/13 7:20:21PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,669-1,526
Chips:
Lol, some of those are gold. He's usually pretty annoying but I like his approach to this.

Post #4   9/28/13 8:10:24PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,381-784
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

Wow. Tim Kennedy is actually funny for once.

First time since ever that I havent disliked kennedy.

I dont expect him to keep it up, but im willing to not hate him for right now.

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #5   9/28/13 8:12:40PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
the dude really should be on that card. the way he is going about getting a fight is a bonus and it's hilarious

Post #6   9/28/13 8:18:31PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 38-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,656-1,459
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I like the idea of Kennedy vs Philippou. The UFC could definitely make this fight happen.

Post #7   9/28/13 8:46:15PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:
Hey @Alistairovereem

You vs me (catch weight) Nov 6th at @ufc Fight For The Troops 3. Winner gets a lifetime supply of horse meat.

Tim k

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Post #8   9/28/13 9:19:41PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Chips:
Dude really wants to fight for the troops, good dude.

Post #9   9/28/13 9:19:58PM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:
My guess is the UFC are calling Boetsch seeing if he can drop the weight on 2 months notice. Seeing if Carmonts injury free, seeing if Philli's injury free. Calling up Belcher.

Okami woulda been a nice fight but despite the obvious I think he's also not medically cleared

A Jacare rematch would also be nice but I think Jacare is ranked higher and won the last one.

The UFC won't let Kennedy miss out on his deserved 5 round main event at fight for the troops - I just hope they give him someone we can be excited for!

Last edited 9/28/13 9:28PM server time by jjeans

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Post #10   9/28/13 9:27:36PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

Hey @Alistairovereem

You vs me (catch weight) Nov 6th at @ufc Fight For The Troops 3. Winner gets a lifetime supply of horse meat.

Tim k

Best one of the day!

Post #11   9/29/13 1:27:44AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Chips:
I never found myself rooting for the guy but it would be a real disappointment if he didn't get to fight on that card. I really hope they can find him a replacement, all of those call outs sounded like interesting matchups.
Hey nick I stole your weed...forget it.

Post #12   9/29/13 8:48:26AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I was hoping he would call Stann out of retirement. But these are pretty good, kudos for not handpicking a fight

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #13   9/29/13 10:28:04AM   

jjeans

jjeans Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I was hoping he would call Stann out of retirement. But these are pretty good, kudos for not handpicking a fight

I heard Kennedy in the past said he wouldn't seek for it but if it was set up and if that's what needed to happen for a championship/contendership then he wouldn't shy away.

That said Stann was never keen to the idea and it was asked by a fan who basically said would you come outta retirement to fight Kennedy at FFTT3?
His response:

@Roundy_13 @TimKennedyMMA sorry, nothing to gain from fighting a friend, fellow vet on a military base

Last edited 9/29/13 12:41PM server time by jjeans

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Post #14   9/29/13 12:41:12PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Beg the UFC to bring okami back to fight you
Or Souza again

Post #15   9/29/13 1:38:04PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2