Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Breaking Bad series finale discussion thread *****POTENTIAL SPOILERS******

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,184-1,225
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Well said. I'll always remember that show as long as I live. What a story. I was 'Team Walt' from Episode 1 to the finale, somehow. For Vince Gilligan to make the main character so evil and despicable.. but at the same time so sympathetic. Amazing. Can't wait to see what Gilligan does next. That show was incredible.

He won't be running the show but he's getting a spin off started with another Breaking Bad Writer.

Better Call Saul will probably start around a year from now. It will be a prequel to this story.

Other than the Wire this was the best show I've ever watched, its nice to see it finish with a great finale...too often the last episode of a good series leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Post #16   9/30/13 9:28:37AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,904-1,098
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by jakewalters

Well said. I'll always remember that show as long as I live. What a story. I was 'Team Walt' from Episode 1 to the finale, somehow. For Vince Gilligan to make the main character so evil and despicable.. but at the same time so sympathetic. Amazing. Can't wait to see what Gilligan does next. That show was incredible.

He won't be running the show but he's getting a spin off started with another Breaking Bad Writer.

Better Call Saul will probably start around a year from now. It will be a prequel to this story.

Other than the Wire this was the best show I've ever watched, its nice to see it finish with a great finale...too often the last episode of a good series leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Agreed.

The Wire.
Game Of Thrones
Breaking Bad.

For sure my top 3....Not including South Park, because it;s animated.

Post #17   9/30/13 11:02:46AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,622-1,372
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Its hard to put shows from different genres against each other. I still think Seinfeld is the greatest show ever, but that's a comedy so to put it to a drama such as Sopranos and Breaking Bad its a tough thing to do. That being said Breaking Bad is an awesome show.

Last edited 9/30/13 4:36PM server time by shawn91111
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   9/30/13 3:32:19PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Its hard to put shows from different genres. I still think Seinfeld is the greatest show ever, but thats a comedy so to put it to a drama such as Sopranos and Breaking Bad its a tough thing to do. That being said Breaking Bad is an awesome show.

Man for whatever reason i could never watch Seinfeld...I dunno why, Obviously it's a great show...But i just never liked it....Oddly enough i do enjoy Curb though.

Post #19   9/30/13 4:08:57PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,622-1,372
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by iwannabesedated

Posted by Shawn91111

Its hard to put shows from different genres. I still think Seinfeld is the greatest show ever, but thats a comedy so to put it to a drama such as Sopranos and Breaking Bad its a tough thing to do. That being said Breaking Bad is an awesome show.

Man for whatever reason i could never watch Seinfeld...I dunno why, Obviously it's a great show...But i just never liked it....Oddly enough i do enjoy Curb though.

Thats weird to me, as essentially its pretty much the same and many things from Curb were in Seinfeld.

Post #20   9/30/13 4:35:56PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

Thats weird to me, as essentially its pretty much the same and many things from Curb were in Seinfeld.

I guess i just didn't like the cast on seinfeld...I mean they were great, But i just dont care for Richards,Jerry or the bald fat dude.

Post #21   9/30/13 4:58:47PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

I guess i just didn't like the cast on seinfeld...I mean they were great, But i just dont care for Richards,Jerry or the bald fat dude.

And the winner is.....

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   9/30/13 5:05:24PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I finally watched the episode last night and it didn't go as I was hoping/expecting...I anticipated Walt would be going down with a fight, not trying to make amends. But this was one of the best finales I have seen, it was very well done.

The only problem I had with that episode was that Jesse barely had 5 minutes of screen time. For someone who was so integral to the series, he got the short end of the stick. I would have liked to see his final encounter with Walt last a bit longer and have more than 10 words exchanged.

Great episode to end a great series. btw did anyone else catch that Walt on the ground sort of was in the crucifix pose? My brother pointed that out to me and it was a clever way to end it

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #23   10/1/13 9:46:26AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I finally watched the episode last night and it didn't go as I was hoping/expecting...I anticipated Walt would be going down with a fight, not trying to make amends. But this was one of the best finales I have seen, it was very well done.

The only problem I had with that episode was that Jesse barely had 5 minutes of screen time. For someone who was so integral to the series, he got the short end of the stick. I would have liked to see his final encounter with Walt last a bit longer and have more than 10 words exchanged.

Great episode to end a great series. btw did anyone else catch that Walt on the ground sort of was in the crucifix pose? My brother pointed that out to me and it was a clever way to end it

I was glad it was mostly centered around Walt, as he was the one who basically brought everyone else into this. Him and Pinkman have had a disconnect for a long time, At the end Jesse did give him that look of gratitiude after all they been through. But Walt had more loose ends to tie up and they did tie them all up..which satisfied me. Giving Jesses situation over the last 2/3 epsidoes, really wasn't too much they could do.

Post #24   10/1/13 10:57:53AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I thought their minor word exchange captured enough. The moment that Walt and Pinkman had before Pinkman drove away was enough. All the feelings built up between them and the rocky relationship was closed off with a nod of graditude. I thought it was a perfect way to close up Pinkman's character.

Post #25   10/1/13 11:34:17AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
I had no problems with it being Walt centric, but I felt they could have done a bit more than that with Jesse. Maybe I was expecting another one of Walt's "talks" with Jesse before handing him the gun or a "take care of yourself" or something, Maybe a 30 second scene where he visits Brock or stops by the house of his new caretaker and sees that he is alright. Although a minor loose end, his relationship with Brock and Maria carried throughout the last 3 seasons. Him just driving off without direction left me wanting a bit more. I was hoping he'd call Todd a bitch though after he strangled him

What they did with Walt's situations was outstanding, I have no issues with it....although I wished he wore the Heisenberg hat at the end

Post #26   10/1/13 12:06:44PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,184-1,225
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I had no problems with it being Walt centric, but I felt they could have done a bit more than that with Jesse. Maybe I was expecting another one of Walt's "talks" with Jesse before handing him the gun or a "take care of yourself" or something, Maybe a 30 second scene where he visits Brock or stops by the house of his new caretaker and sees that he is alright. Although a minor loose end, his relationship with Brock and Maria carried throughout the last 3 seasons. Him just driving off without direction left me wanting a bit more. I was hoping he'd call Todd a bitch though after he strangled him

What they did with Walt's situations was outstanding, I have no issues with it....although I wished he wore the Heisenberg hat at the end

Apparently you needed a 4th year to remember Andrea's name

I think in the Talking Bad episode after the finale they talked about what Jesse would do after he got away and the consensus was that he'd be going straight to Brock.

They just didn't have enough time in the hour to leave it in the show. There was a lot of loose ends to tie up in the last hour.

I did like the flashback they had of Jesse making that box that he described in Rehab, but otherwise I agree that having another scene with him or a longer exchange between him and Walt would have been nice considering his contributions to the show.

Post #27   10/1/13 1:21:15PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
where the hell did I get Maria from

Post #28   10/1/13 1:54:54PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

where the hell did I get Maria from

Hanks' wife is Marie.

Post #29   10/1/13 3:38:52PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:816-522
Chips:
Funny article... talks about the scenes the actors on Breaking Bad always wanted to shoot...

AARON PAUL (Jesse): I always wanted to shoot Walter White in the face, to be honest. And I definitely talked about that a lot. I was like, “Can I please just kill this guy?”

BRYAN CRANSTON (Walt): A lurid affair with a tart. (Laughs) I thought maybe that would happen. At some point, [Walt] would get so full of himself, he’s throwing his weight around, and he sees some pretty girl and goes, “Come here. You and me. Right now. Let’s go!” That kind of thing, when he and Skyler were on the outs and she was giving him the cold shoulder.

ANNA GUNN (Skyler): I kept telling Vince I wanted to do more stunts. And I wanted to tote a gun. … I really love those scenes sometimes where the guys just really go at it. All those montages were really cool. Sometimes out in the desert when the guys were doing some of those really intricate stunts and running around, the action stuff would make me go, “Ooh, that looks fun.” But then I’d hear they were out in the desert for 14, 15 hours in horrible, freezing temperatures or insanely hot temperatures, and then I’d think, “Mmmm, perhaps not. Perhaps it’s better that I’m in the kitchen.”

DEAN NORRIS (Hank): There’s a place in Vegas where you actually shoot machine guns with naked women. It’s a thing you can do in Vegas, believe it or not, and we thought, “Wow, that’d be fun.” We never found the time to put that in the show, though. [Laughs] Imagine that! It’s just crazy. We talked about that and whether we could fit that in, and we decided that “No, we couldn’t.”

BETSY BRANDT (Marie): Gun, gun, gun, gun, gun. I wanted a purple gun. A girly kind of gun. And I wanted a purple bedazzled gun case out in the garage to be next to Hank’s cadre of weapons. And I wanted to get some action. In my mind, no one would see it coming and she was a really good shot.

BOB ODENKIRK (Saul): I’m intrigued by Saul’s potential love life and the various strippers that he goes out with for two weeks at a time. I want to meet those strippers and see the constantly replayed cycle of those relationships as he switches from one strip club to the next and he gets “involved” with one stripper or the next.

RJ MITTE (Walt Jr.): Flynn never got to cook with Heisenberg.

LAURA FRASER (Lydia): I didn’t get to actually shoot anyone. In retrospect, I’m a bit bereft about that. But I did order a lot of murders, so, you know, I’m good.

JESSE PLEMONS (Todd): I would have liked to ride off into the sunset with Lydia on a crystal blue unicorn.

Post #30   10/2/13 4:15:52PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3