Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Why?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,016-1,193
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'm gonna preface this by saying that I LOVE this site and the community. Most of us know eachother through this site and it has led to other social media. We know eachothers Birthdays and we give congrats on life events. All this is due to the contact we've made on the Playground. With all that being said, it feels that this site has been left to die. It feels like its become a burden to run. On more than one occasion it has been said that updates are coming. Our hopes of those updates are long gone. It feels like the last few days of college where we know its ending but still carry on as if its not. This site has SO much potential. This site has a very loyal membership that want this site to thrive. we invest in the site and all we want is for the site to invest in us. So many members have given up on the site (over 6,000) for various reason. Many of which have stopped using it because it hasn't improved. Its sad really. The latest of which is emfleek. This guy was a HUGE part of the Playground. It sucks that we lost him. Before him was Rabi. My camp leader. That one hurt the most. Could these have been prevented? Absolutely. Is me bringing this up gonna matter? Probably not but its not gonna stop me from saying it. This site deserves better. And I believe it 100%. Just my $.02

Post #1   9/25/13 2:38:29PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:
In less than 6 months, 2 of the hardest working mods have been ran off.

Last edited 9/25/13 3:26PM server time by Poor_Franklin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   9/25/13 3:23:38PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,701-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It starts at the top. When owners don't care its hard for people who volunteer their time to care. And you are correct in that this has been the beginning of the end for a while now, but I will ride it out. Fleek will be missed for sure.

Post #3   9/25/13 3:45:00PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Chips:
I'll stick around for as long as the PG lasts but there is an impending sense of doom over the site.

Post #4   9/25/13 3:52:48PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Chips:
I'll ride it out to the end as well. I agree that this site has a lot of potential, and it's too bad more updates have not happened. Something must be very wrong, if Fleek is stepping down.

There are only a few others sites besides the pg, that I'm on multiple times a day. It will be a very sad day, when or if the pg shuts down for good. I've made numerous friends, and have even travelled to different cities, hundreds of miles away, to watch fights with them.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   9/25/13 4:00:20PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
I offered in January about running the social networking sites. Fleek apologised and said he would try his best.
After seeing how things were going I saw Fleek was busy and asked DTM personally if I could give it a try to help him run it or take it over. 1 month later I heard nothing from DTM and messaged 6 of the MODs.

I wanna thank CC, Fleek and hippysmacker for getting back to me. I never received a reply from DTM.

I remember when I first heard anything about this new site I said let me know if there is anything I can help with. If I have nothing to do with this site and am just trying to voluntarily help the site out and I don't here anything back it would suck to be Fleek as he has been told how he can help then doesn't hear anything.

I don't know the full situation but I know Fleek hasn't been happy for a while.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #6   9/25/13 4:03:18PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,458-907
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

I offered in January about running the social networking sites. Fleek apologised and said he would try his best.
After seeing how things were going I saw Fleek was busy and asked DTM personally if I could give it a try to help him run it or take it over. 1 month later I heard nothing from DTM and messaged 6 of the MODs.

I wanna thank CC, Fleek and hippysmacker for getting back to me. I never received a reply from DTM.

I remember when I first heard anything about this new site I said let me know if there is anything I can help with. If I have nothing to do with this site and am just trying to voluntarily help the site out and I don't here anything back it would suck to be Fleek as he has been told how he can help then doesn't hear anything.

I don't know the full situation but I know Fleek hasn't been happy for a while.

Apologies for not getting back to you, I really didn't have much of a thought on it as we've been riding out wave after wave of drama of some sort. Appointing someone to a new position after some of the heated business that went back and forth just recently to a position that was already occupied by a person that I felt no right to usurp. I've no interest in politics and have had to distance myself from things a bit. Starting up new agreements and positions on the old site, or making deadlines when my words don't carry much weight to a vocal majority of you is pointless anyway.

The crux of the matter is that I've dropped the ball, had a number of interruptions, a couple setbacks, and I've been busy with a variety of IRL shit gettin' by. The new site is obviously not complete, but it is partially developed. I'm certainly the #1 scape goat, and there's a number of legit reasons for that. I'm the one who built the bomb, and the only one who can diffuse it. It's not like there's a team of programmers. I've not stepped up to the plate, however I do feel as though I receive an extra portion of the flack and blame for some past incidents that truly I was powerless as to the outcome. If you think that I'm sitting here with the weight of this on me and not getting it done and enjoying it, you're sadly mistaken. I don't take pleasure in this, my aim isn't to torment you. I certainly didn't envision being at this juncture when the original set of new ideas were scribbled on a notebook. This site has become a black cloud over me, and nothing I say will make one iota of difference until the job is done and in front of your eyes.

You may not believe me, but one day you'll log onto the site and it will look different and have new stuff on it. It certainly has not been canceled or called off. In an effort to get something new out sooner rather than later, I may do the relaunch at partial completion. Sections like the videos and semi-useless martial arts school finder can be touched up / improved on after new features and design are debugged considered "out of beta".

Feel free to send all hate mail to my inbox, has nothing to do with the owner or the mods.

Post #7   9/25/13 5:00:33PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,511-866
Chips:
I dont blame anyone in particular DTM. I work with computers & have dabbled in programming so im very aware of how difficult & time consuming it is.
My ultimate fear is that when the new site is finally finished, there will only be 100 of us left to see it.

Post #8   9/25/13 5:08:26PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
I'm still here. I'll ride this train to the end of the tracks as well. life gets busy and unfortunately places like this go to the back burner. still a great fucking site though.

Post #9   9/25/13 5:24:36PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I dont blame anyone in particular DTM. I work with computers & have dabbled in programming so im very aware of how difficult & time consuming it is.
My ultimate fear is that when the new site is finally finished, there will only be 100 of us left to see it.

A very valid concern. One idea that I'm fairly sure (at this point) that we plan to go with is a "clean slate" policy. Other than some spammers and a few extreme cases I'm pushing for a mass un-banning and starting with a clean slate on everyone. There's been multiple eras of discord in this sites evolution. Banning policy, lack of leadership from the top, and a number of highly contested bans have taken place over the years. I know that lots of you would be happy to have old friends here and try to turn a new leaf over. MMA has changed too. I think the exciting "TUF era" influx is over and watered down cards with lots of names unknown to the casual fans has hurt a bit in general too. Lack of adapting in a timely fashion has hurt us.

If new games and features, a site that's not ugly, an advertising budget, and a clean slate / turning a new leaf over doesnt help (all launched simultaneously), then I jut don't know what other combination can bring back the "glory days" when Pride was still in the primary league.

Like I said, it sounds nice, but until these items are completed they're just words. I've got plans, not done the best job cranking it out, and a partially complete dev site. That's where we stand

Last edited 9/25/13 5:56PM server time by dothemmath
2 total post edits

Post #10   9/25/13 5:24:53PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Chips:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Agreed.

I'm sure it's a tough situation, with many moving parts. We all love the site, so it's hard to see so many quality members leave. Glad to see you chime in DTM, and hope this feedback doesn't fall on deaf ears.

Does Dr. Dre own the website, because it's taking just as long to release the update, as it's taking him to release Detox?

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #11   9/25/13 5:30:16PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Chips:
I understand the frustration. Things are way way overdue. Not attempting to pass the buck here. Owner made agreement with me to revamp things, and I've not completed my obligation yet. So yes, I primarily am the one to blame. Can't blame the owner - who better to recruit to revamp the thing than the guy who built it? But when it's 1 guy, and that guy ain't quite right, this is what happens.

Last edited 9/25/13 5:52PM server time by dothemmath

Post #12   9/25/13 5:52:02PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Chips:
It's a community, and it comes down to much more than a new part of the site...it comes to people interaction. I know BSB, Rabi, and Emfleek all had these really big ideas that were extremely ambitious, doable for sure but not easily. Them not happening was one part of their leaving but honestly they left due to the tension that those topics brought with them.

Post #13   9/25/13 6:38:19PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Let's get something straight right now...... It's over when I say it's over.

Post #14   9/25/13 7:29:32PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Chips:
I like the small size, and have never enjoyed other sites because of the sheer size of them. It seems like for every knowledgable respectable person, there are 10 douchebags. On here, most of the douchebags get run out of town, or pipe down pretty quick.

That being said, websites are supposed to grow, not shrink. Cheers DTM for taking responsibiblity, I have no problem with no updates, just don't like it when the PG is left in the dark about their progress.

Thanks Proph, for saying what I'm sure many of us thought.

Post #15   9/25/13 8:18:48PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3