Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Fight night on Spike April 5th early bouts

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by Svartorm

Good matchups. The UFC is smart to set up the free fights like they do, because thats what makes them the money. Thats what made WWF take off back in the day I think. Once they stopped having all their talent having five minute matches with The Brooklyn Brawler and Mr. Who, and started putting on quality matches for free, they got more PPV buys and better attendance.

I know you are just using it as a point of reference, but I am making a personal plea for no more comparisons between MMA and pro "wrestling."

I understand this but the fight match ups are becoming more WWE than competiveley matched up. Koscheck - Sanchez?

Come on nate, 2 top 10 welterwights IMO. I always want to see any fight with top 10 guys going at it. Most of all, It's freeeeeeee! gotta love that

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #16   2/7/07 7:37:01AM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
Sanchez has fought enough of these guys not to be fighting Hughes or GSP. The WWE side has put Serra against GSP instead and Hughes fighting Lytle? They really are not the best match ups for the division.

Nothing's changed since Koscheck - Sanchez last fight, Koscheck has beat a few gate keepers whilst Sanchez has gone on to beat top competitors in the divsion, it is almost as if Sanchez has gone right back to step one.

On top of this it's a bad match up styles, it could be very boring. I may be wrong, I thought Karo - Diego may of been boring, but ultimately my point is that yes the entertainment and money matter side of things is still preventing us from seeing the best fights regularly for each division.

Post #17   2/7/07 7:50:01AM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by the-james

Ken-Flo will takes this one, its going to be a ground war! I think ken-flo will win by tko(cut) the dudes got sharp elbows!

Yep and he goes for it always. He can be getting his ass kicked and BAM, he gets a lucky elbow, cuts the guy and the fight is over.

Post #18   2/7/07 3:51:00PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by nate22

Posted by crimethinc

Posted by Svartorm

Good matchups. The UFC is smart to set up the free fights like they do, because thats what makes them the money. Thats what made WWF take off back in the day I think. Once they stopped having all their talent having five minute matches with The Brooklyn Brawler and Mr. Who, and started putting on quality matches for free, they got more PPV buys and better attendance.

I know you are just using it as a point of reference, but I am making a personal plea for no more comparisons between MMA and pro "wrestling."

I understand this but the fight match ups are becoming more WWE than competiveley matched up. Koscheck - Sanchez?

Come on nate, 2 top 10 welterwights IMO. I always want to see any fight with top 10 guys going at it. Most of all, It's freeeeeeee! gotta love that

i dunno about you but i pay $49 for Spike Tv..lol..(i really pay $99) for every channel....but all i watch is MMA..BOXING and prolly a movie or 2

if it comes on after Late night with Conan O'Brian...then

Post #19   2/7/07 11:52:08PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by the-james

Ken-Flo will takes this one, its going to be a ground war! I think ken-flo will win by tko(cut) the dudes got sharp elbows!

I think he uses a whetstone prior to his fights.
But i kind Kenny will get subed in this match. I dont know why i just have a feeling.

Post #20   2/8/07 3:03:51PM   

StraightLeft

Learning to Sprawl

StraightLeft Avatar

Career:259-174
Camp: Metro Machine
Chips:

Posted by slammadowg

I like the sound of Grove vs Belcher. They seem to be about equal in skill IMO so it should be fun.

Ya, I'm excited to see if Kendell is still improving. Hoping hes a guy like GSP or Rashad who seems to improve every fight

Post #21   2/9/07 2:45:51AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2