Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

NSAC chairman apologizes to Nevada governor, has serious questions for Kizer, changes to judging assignments coming

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The Nevada State Athletic Commission is about to see some very big changes if NSAC chairman Bill Brady is to be believed. Brady said that they will no longer "rubber stamp" judging assignments as they have in the past.

Link

Post #1   9/18/13 8:38:56PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:
Good! I don't care how they do it right now really, just that something actually happens to fix it.

Post #2   9/18/13 8:43:40PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
so it takes 1 bad scorecard in a premier boxing event as opposed to the 100000 bad scorecards in premier MMA events?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #3   9/18/13 8:51:32PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
As long as they're trying

Post #4   9/18/13 9:12:49PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,719-1,676
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

so it takes 1 bad scorecard in a premier boxing event as opposed to the 100000 bad scorecards in premier MMA events?

dude MMA isn't a sport i'ts just a bunch of losers who couldn't make it in boxing became skinheads and got tattoos on the the side of their heads.

Post #5   9/19/13 12:50:09AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

So true, but if you look at it from the Vegas perspective you have a fight that makes soo much money that one fighter got paid over $40 M...that is more than 5 UFC events. Money makes the world go around.

Post #6   9/19/13 1:34:43AM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:
Kizer needs to go. He's always supporting these clearly incompetent individuals.

Post #7   9/19/13 7:17:04AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

it says in the article itself that CJ Ross has turned in atrociously bad scorecards on more then one scorecard

Post #8   9/19/13 8:46:14AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Career:1,961-1,183
Chips:
Kizer should've been fired long ago for his personal vendetta against Nick Diaz, and for his incompetence at his job.

I doubt anything much will come of this, but lets hope some real change actually occurs, and that this is just the start of the reforms.

Every commission needs an overhaul. There are many other corrupt and incompetent commissions out there besides Nevada.

Edit: It really bothers me how all the commissions blame shitty decisions on incompetence or opinion.

Within this year a European crime syndicate was caught trying to rig Canadian women's soccer games.

I've lived in Canada for 30+ years. My Dad and brother are die hard soccer fans, and I didn't even know this league existed. If small time leagues with little interest like that can be rigged for betting then what about a sport like MMA where lots of money is placed on the fights (like MMA) and the judges make peanuts and are ran by an incompetent branch of the government with little to no oversight.

If a judge makes a blatantly bad call, they should be criminally investigated, and charged or fired.

Last edited 9/19/13 9:55AM server time by bustamante-aoki
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   9/19/13 9:47:39AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833
So true, but if you look at it from the Vegas perspective you have a fight that makes soo much money that one fighter got paid over $40 M...that is more than 5 UFC events. Money makes the world go around.

well if the UFC only put on 2 marquee cards a year I'm sure they would be able to get close to that and be able to afford to pay a fighter 7 figures

Posted by george112
it says in the article itself that CJ Ross has turned in atrociously bad scorecards on more then one scorecard

as have countless MMA judges. There is a reason why we rip on Sal D'Amato and Cecil Peoples, among other horrendous scorecards

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   9/19/13 9:59:54AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Kizer should've been fired long ago for his personal vendetta against Nick Diaz, and for his incompetence at his job.

I doubt anything much will come of this, but lets hope some real change actually occurs, and that this is just the start of the reforms.

Every commission needs an overhaul. There are many other corrupt and incompetent commissions out there besides Nevada.

Edit: It really bothers me how all the commissions blame shitty decisions on incompetence or opinion.

Within this year a European crime syndicate was caught trying to rig Canadian women's soccer games.

I've lived in Canada for 30+ years. My Dad and brother are die hard soccer fans, and I didn't even know this league existed. If small time leagues with little interest like that can be rigged for betting then what about a sport like MMA where lots of money is placed on the fights (like MMA) and the judges make peanuts and are ran by an incompetent branch of the government with little to no oversight.

If a judge makes a blatantly bad call, they should be criminally investigated, and charged or fired.

100% agree. Keizer is like Gary Bettman, incompetent and bad for his job and sport but still keeps his position

read Declan Hill's book "The Fix: Soccer and Organized Crime." It goes over a lot of match riggings that go on in soccer and other sports. I've never personally read it but I have heard him talk a lot about this and other scandals on Prime Time Sports. Btw I think it was an Asian crime syndicate, not European, who was rigging those games. There is speculation that some MLS games have been influenced as well.
(sorry to hijack the thread)

Post #11   9/19/13 10:06:20AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Chips:
If it's just incompetence and not corruption then why is Big John McCarthy still banned in Vegas and Cecil Peoples isn't.

C.R.E.A.N.S.A.C.

Post #12   9/19/13 10:10:07AM   

Bustamante-Aoki

Standup Guy

Bustamante-Aoki Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

100% agree. Keizer is like Gary Bettman, incompetent and bad for his job and sport but still keeps his position

read Declan Hill's book "The Fix: Soccer and Organized Crime." It goes over a lot of match riggings that go on in soccer and other sports. I've never personally read it but I have heard him talk a lot about this and other scandals on Prime Time Sports. Btw I think it was an Asian crime syndicate, not European, who was rigging those games. There is speculation that some MLS games have been influenced as well.
(sorry to hijack the thread)

Thanks for the info. I think I will check that book out.

Post #13   9/19/13 10:16:12AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
Almost every major MMA event has at least one debacle when it comes to the judge's scorecards. Nobody cares though. People are up in arms that a judge did a pisspoor job scoring a boxing match? Boxing is a dead horse but it obviously still gets preferential treatment in comparison to MMA.

Post #14   9/19/13 5:38:53PM