Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jon Jones weakness ...

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:504-307
Chips:
His weakness is slutty white chicks, he was all fine and mr. responsible until he get's two slutty white chicks in his car and crashes his car.

Post #16   9/11/13 10:36:58PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
Some interesting points here.

I would have to think that the rest of the LHW division doesn't seem to have any real competition for Jones at this point.

Some may say the likes of Davis, Gustafsson and Mousasi may pose a threat but i believe none of these guys have any counter style to Jones. What i mean is, Davis has great wrestling, Mousasi and Gustafsson are both tall well rounded fighters but both Mousasi and Gustafsson have been stopped in their careers. Out of the two i would Gustafsson is better based on Mousasi's last performance. Gegard was great once, but i don't think he has fought great competition over the last few years that some one like Jones would maul him. If Jones out wrestled Davis which he would, what would Davis do?, Nothing.

The only real threat i see Jones fighting is Glover Teixeira. And the reason i believe this is because he has a great chin, great foot work, stand up and timing. Not forgetting his solid base with good wrestling and quick submissions. This guy is always so calm as well which i also believe is an advantage when fighting in front of big crowds.

Last edited 9/12/13 4:40PM server time by LightsOUT23
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   9/12/13 4:39:16PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Mousasi's not even fighting at 205 anymore, so he's out of the question.

Post #18   9/12/13 5:46:40PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,108-574
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Posted by hotrodttt

If he gets caught with a good power punch he'll go down, but he fights tall so it's hard to hit him

Do you think Teixeira could plant one on him ??

1 in 1,000,000 chance at best. Tex will be eating kicks on the outside and elbows when he closes the distance. Greco takedown shortly after. Rinse and repeat.

Post #19   9/14/13 1:44:02PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
He doesnt really have one but Cain would bring the fight to him like nobody has since Bonnar.

Jones wouldnt be able to knock Cain out and would probably gas first. LHW I don't see anyone taking it as of right now. Unless Cormier drops down

Post #20   9/15/13 11:22:30PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I'm going to say his striking defense if he fights someone that doesn't have a foot reach disadvantage. He is able to throw flashy moves staying at range where his opponent cant hit him. This is leading to a cocky style of striking that may eventually catch up to him (see Anderson). I don't see a great striker when I watch Jones, but rather someone who is able to effectively use his massive reach advantage and takes full advantage over it. If he was 6'2 with a 75" reach, he would not nearly be as effective as he is now

Right now, those people at LHW are Gus and potentially Anderson. If Gus can avoid the TDs in the first two rounds and be able to pick his shots from the outside, I can see him wearing down Jones and finishing him late. Silva is probably the best striker in MMA so I'm sure he can find a way to break through. Machida's striking style along with his footwork, elusiveness (or running depending on the fight) and sumo background will also pose a threat, much like it did in round 1 of their first encounter. I'll safely assume he will be better prepared this time around.

Once this theory is scrapped, then it will be fighting guys at HW who are bigger than he is and can hit much harder. JDS, Overeem, Browne and Bigfoot can all 1 punch KO Jones. Cain, Cormier and Barnett could use their size and strength to outwrestle Jones. Jay brought up an interesting name in Werdum, his overall skillet can give Jones troubles. Frank Mir might also have a good chance in the early going.

As far as leg kicks go, I wanna see Pat Barry welcome Jones to HW

Last edited 9/16/13 10:13AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #21   9/16/13 10:09:27AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:
Or Jones vs Struve if he is ever medically cleared to fight again

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #22   9/16/13 10:11:23AM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
I can't see Cromier having a chance against Jones. Everyone says Cromier will give him problems.
In the Mir Fight, did anyone else notice in the 3rd round Mir landed a couple body kicks to Cromier mid section and it almost spooked the hell out of him. If Jones and Cromier lock horns, i could see Greg Jackson training Jones body kicks over and over.

Post #23   9/18/13 9:04:54AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Chips:
The guy is a machine
Lucky punch or caught off card may do it.

Alexander best bet is too out jab him on the feet
And stay off the mat

Alexander couldnt even put Shogun or thiago Silva away
He isn't the guy to beat Jones

Post #24   9/21/13 9:17:28AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Alexander couldnt even put Shogun or thiago Silva away
He isn't the guy to beat Jones

Jones couldn't finish Evans but Machida did...therefore Machida will beat Jones?

Post #25   9/21/13 3:11:42PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

I'm going to say his striking defense if he fights someone that doesn't have a foot reach disadvantage. He is able to throw flashy moves staying at range where his opponent cant hit him. This is leading to a cocky style of striking that may eventually catch up to him (see Anderson). I don't see a great striker when I watch Jones, but rather someone who is able to effectively use his massive reach advantage and takes full advantage over it. If he was 6'2 with a 75" reach, he would not nearly be as effective as he is now

Right now, those people at LHW are Gus and potentially Anderson. If Gus can avoid the TDs in the first two rounds and be able to pick his shots from the outside, I can see him wearing down Jones and finishing him late.

I'm a genius Give me props dammnit

Post #26   9/23/13 8:14:59PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Chips:
Wow bubbs, you really dislike jones don't you ?

Post #27   9/23/13 9:26:41PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by LightsOUT23

Hey guys, Maybe i have missed it, but i haven't seen too many discussions online regarding Jon Jones weakness if he has any, or what would be the right strategy for the next title challenger to try to implement on Jones's style.

Is there anyone on this site who can see a clear weakness is Jon Jones's arsenal that other fighters have not yet spotted. He does seem to be such a well rounded fighter that any weakness would need to be spotted by someone who has studied him with extra care on tape.

Personally, I don't see any standout weakness with Him, though i still don't think his chin has been properly tested in the Octagon. That's my personal opinion guys, He has been hit, but i feel if someone like Teixeira caught him flush on the chin and Jones was still standing then that would answer my questions surrounding his chin.

Any thoughts ???
Cheers

One I can think of is Jones has poor punches but he makes up for it by having solid defenses with his reach. And yes, I agree Jones' chin has not really been tested. Gus did hit him with a few good shots but they didn't have much body weight behind them. Machida caught Jones with a good shot too but Mahida literally had to fully extend to reach Jones. For the record, I wish Jones would test his chin more often.

Post #28   9/25/13 7:57:14PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Wow bubbs, you really dislike jones don't you ?

that has nothing to do with what I think of him. I simply gave my reasoning to what I thought his weakness was, and it turned out I was pretty close. It isn't often my breakdowns come true (you know this first hand lol) so now I am bragging about it

Post #29   9/26/13 1:08:42AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Pressure. Jones does NOT like pressure. He becomes way to reactionary when he is being bested in the stand up. I will give him credit, he doesn't wilt like Ortiz does, but he doesn't know how to handle it just yet, and he loses focus.

Post #30   9/28/13 7:58:00PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3