Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matthew Riddle on MMA: 'I don't want anything to do with it'

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Matthew Riddle has had it with MMA. He's fed up, disgusted and more than a little bit pissed off with the sport he's dedicated himself to since 2008.

Link

Post #1   9/10/13 10:25:35PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:
My money is on him being back before the end of 2014. He's proven to be not the most mature person and I think after he really takes the time to think about this, he'll be back.

Post #2   9/10/13 10:37:41PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Chips:
Egh harder for me to defend him after reading this article as opposed to my response last night. That being said he did bring up something i JUST ranted on in the last thread about Cruz. Fickle fans and keyboard warriors can suck the passion out of anyone. I really hope MMA fan's can clean up their image man

Post #3   9/10/13 11:03:23PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
'Riddle' me this Batman....err, I mean CHAEL-man - - -

1) His 1,350 strikes lands him #8 all-time between CHAEL (1,452) and one Nathan Diaz (1,343)

2) He helped popularize the phrase "butter-toothed Brit"

Good luck out there Matt

Post #4   9/10/13 11:08:27PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Egh harder for me to defend him after reading this article as opposed to my response last night. That being said he did bring up something i JUST ranted on in the last thread about Cruz. Fickle fans and keyboard warriors can suck the passion out of anyone. I really hope MMA fan's can clean up their image man

do you really think only MMA is littered with those people?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #5   9/10/13 11:27:11PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,022-1,244
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Must be his time of the month

Post #6   9/10/13 11:34:15PM   

LooseCannon

Standup Guy

LooseCannon Avatar

Career:1,713-980
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
Hopefully Bellator re-thinks it & gets him a fight in October or November, which they should easily be able to do with 8 scheduled events in those 2 months.

Post #7   9/10/13 11:53:57PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

If you're incredibly weak-minded keyboard warriors might bother someone. MMA fans have only gotten worse in the last decade and will continue to do so until the sport is killed by fence hugging and LnP.

Post #8   9/11/13 7:25:00AM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by quezocrema0032

Yes yes I do. Between Twitter warrior's & idiots on this site I'd saymma is littered with these type of unappreciative
fans who think their opinions are fact. I think this site is better then most but id still say there are a lot of those types here. Just go check out the rashad evans story on mmafighting.com yesterday. He was talking about the exact same thing Riddle was about the fans. & that guy was a former world champ, he lost 2 in a row & fans had no mercey. Its sad to see really

Post #9   9/11/13 8:42:23AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by quezocrema0032

Yes yes I do. Between Twitter warrior's & idiots on this site I'd saymma is littered with these type of unappreciative
fans who think their opinions are fact. I think this site is better then most but id still say there are a lot of those types here. Just go check out the rashad evans story on mmafighting.com yesterday. He was talking about the exact same thing Riddle was about the fans. & that guy was a former world champ, he lost 2 in a row & fans had no mercey. Its sad to see really

First off, if you don't like this site because we have differing opinions, then please leave or go back to your silent ways. This is one of the most mature and well informed MMA forums you will find. At least teh kingsmasher was funny, you are just being a moron. Secondly, if you take things like that on twitter seriously, you have problems.

I think it's time to take a step outside of your little box and look around. Listen to a sports radio show once in a while or go to other sports sites. Maybe you should listen to WGR 550 (if you can get it) after Bills games or take a listen to the Fan 590 after Leafs or Jays games (probably only available to you via internet). Those fans are relentless and fall in line with that you think all us MMA fans are. I can only imagine what a post game radio show is like in NYC, Boston, Philly, etc

Last edited 9/11/13 10:21AM server time by bubbles
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #10   9/11/13 10:18:00AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
It's sad to hear Riddle is thinking this way, I always loved to watch him fight. He has a ton of potential I hope he changes his mind.

If Bellator isnt going to find him an opponent release him so he can go elsewhere. It sad to see an organization screw over a young fighter with a ton of talent.

Post #11   9/11/13 11:49:23AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by quezocrema0032

First off, if you don't like this site because we have differing opinions, then please leave or go back to your silent ways. This is one of the most mature and well informed MMA forums you will find. At least teh kingsmasher was funny, you are just being a moron. Secondly, if you take things like that on twitter seriously, you have problems.

I think it's time to take a step outside of your little box and look around. Listen to a sports radio show once in a while or go to other sports sites. Maybe you should listen to WGR 550 (if you can get it) after Bills games or take a listen to the Fan 590 after Leafs or Jays games (probably only available to you via internet). Those fans are relentless and fall in line with that you think all us MMA fans are. I can only imagine what a post game radio show is like in NYC, Boston, Philly, etc

The bigger the sport the more the assholes.
This site is incredibly mature.

Humans are naturally inclined to feel negative about something, which is why there is so many "trolls" or haters for every 50 people who step up to complain there will be 1 person who stepped up to compliment. We find it easy to admit faults in people but find it hard to accept someone is doing something right.

What you are doing here is being negative about the fans and then about this site as well.

Instead of saying good job finding the news FastKnockout, I know your not being paid for that.
You decided to jump straight in and become an "asshole" take everything for granted fan.

Instead of insulting the one or two people on this site why don't you appreciate the ones who aren't? Or is it easier for you to play it negative and complain...

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #12   9/11/13 12:58:31PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,719-1,676
Camp: country KO
Chips:
People are jerks on the inernet? Good lord I'm out of here. Matt does bring up some valid points about paying bills. I couldn't go 9 months without a paycheck. I bet it does suck to have thousands of people tell you how shitty you are every day from 1000s of miles away. I only get it from a few people here and I don't like it then.

Post #13   9/11/13 1:22:04PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I have a hard time feeling sorry for the guy when all he had to do to keep his job with the UFC was quit smoking weed for a little while. It's really not that difficult of a thing to do. On top of that, I don't mean to fighter bash, but Riddle was never really all that great of a fighter anyways. It's not like he would've been a champion or anything.

Post #14   9/11/13 2:51:46PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,884-1,626
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Isn't Riddle fighting in like 9 days? High Times isn't going to pay him much for an interview so he'd better keep fighting. It's difficult enough to get a job even if you can pass a piss test.

Post #15   9/11/13 3:27:01PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2