Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

White: Decision will be made if UFC champ Cruz can't return in early 2014

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
On Tuesday, Dana White was arguably his most definitive yet on the prospect of bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz returning by early 2014 – or not being ready by that time table.

Link

Post #1   9/10/13 7:12:29PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
He should've been stripped of the belt a long time ago IMO. Barao is the real champion.

Post #2   9/10/13 7:20:23PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:713-394
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

He should've been stripped of the belt a long time ago IMO. Barao is the real champion.

Agree, two years on October 1st is a joke.. I would think cruz would agree with that as well.

Barao is definitely the real champ IMO

Post #3   9/10/13 7:56:26PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Chips:
Cruz is the real champ because he never lost his belt, but I will agree if they stripped him it's hard to blame the UFC. I don't think fans show enough remorse to Cruz for what happened to him. He was a world champion who defended his belt 4 times over credible elite compeition (Mighty Mouse, Joe B, Faber, & Jorgensen) but fans seem to not care that an injury is beating him and not a bantamweight. It's a shame really, I will support Cruz as the champion untill he loses. That being said I don't like his chances against Barao after 2 years off and 2 seperate knee surgerys. If this was him after the Mighty mouse fight I'd pick Cruz over Renan 8 out of 10 times. Cruz is like Machida in his elusivness, but much more active with a Diaz brother's like output & volume with his strikes and an incredible wrestling game. I think he created a unique style that no one else in MMA had.Then again when he comes back I don't know if were ever going to see that Cruz again, and words can't describe how sad that possibilty makes me.

War Cruz

Last edited 9/10/13 9:06PM server time by quezocrema0032
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   9/10/13 8:07:36PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Cruz is the real champ because he never lost his belt, but I will agree if they stripped him it's hard to blame the UFC. I don't think fans show enough remorse to Cruz for what happened to him. He was a world champion who defended his belt 4 times over credible elite compeition (Mighty Mouse, Joe B, Faber, & Jorgensen) but fans seem to not care that an injury is beating him and not a bantamweight. It's a shame really, I will support Cruz as the champion untill he loses. That being said I don't like his chances against Barao after 2 years off and 2 seperate knee surgerys. If this was him after the Mighty mouse fight I'd pick Cruz over Renan 8 out of 10 times. Cruz is like Machida in his elusivness, but much more active with a Diaz brother's like outout and volume with his strikes and an incredible wrestling game. I think he created a unique style that no one else in MMA had.Then again when he comes back I don't know if were ever going to see that Cruz again, and words can't describe how sad that possibilty makes me.

War Cruz

Cruz being like Machida is part of the reason he doesnt get much credit no one wants to watch someone back pedal for most of a 25 minute fight.

And you can argue that Faber, Joey B & Mighty Mouse beat him because of his "elusive style". Dominick never wins a fight without it being close. He will never finish an elite BW in the UFC.

Barao is the UFC champ and has been for a long time.

Post #5   9/10/13 8:23:22PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

I agree 100%. 2 years is way too long for him to just sit on that belt. Barao has already won the interim title and defended it, with another title defence in a week and a half. He's the real champ right now whether Cruz lost or not imo.

Post #6   9/10/13 8:33:44PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by quezocrema0032

Cruz is the real champ because he never lost his belt, but I will agree if they stripped him it's hard to blame the UFC. I don't think fans show enough remorse to Cruz for what happened to him. He was a world champion who defended his belt 4 times over credible elite compeition (Mighty Mouse, Joe B, Faber, & Jorgensen) but fans seem to not care that an injury is beating him and not a bantamweight. It's a shame really, I will support Cruz as the champion untill he loses. That being said I don't like his chances against Barao after 2 years off and 2 seperate knee surgerys. If this was him after the Mighty mouse fight I'd pick Cruz over Renan 8 out of 10 times. Cruz is like Machida in his elusivness, but much more active with a Diaz brother's like outout and volume with his strikes and an incredible wrestling game. I think he created a unique style that no one else in MMA had.Then again when he comes back I don't know if were ever going to see that Cruz again, and words can't describe how sad that possibilty makes me.

War Cruz

Cruz being like Machida is part of the reason he doesnt get much credit no one wants to watch someone back pedal for most of a 25 minute fight.

And you can argue that Faber, Joey B & Mighty Mouse beat him because of his "elusive style". Dominick never wins a fight without it being close. He will never finish an elite BW in the UFC.

First off Machida has a ton of fans, I AM NOT ONE of them because I agree he does more back tracking and avoiding then throwing punches. Cruz is like him in the elusivness department, but completley unlike him in that his work rate is the highest in the bantamweight division (Aside from possibly Pickett). Secondly I could see your point his 'elusive style" helped him eek out wins against Joe B & Faber, but you never saw the mighty mouse fight if you think it was even close. Cruz dominated him, with a different game plan then ussual. He used his size and strength and man handled Johnson in his most lop sided victory of his reign so I have to say there you are way off. Look at the numbers Cruz's work rate is ridiculous, and that is your opinion about Barao being the champ. In My book (& the UFC's) you need to beat the champ to be the champ. On top of that Cruz defended the belt more times the Renan so let's not be so quick to crown Renan and discredit Cruz. Just another example of a mixed martial arts fan hating on a true athlete at the pinicle of the sport

Post #7   9/10/13 9:04:00PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Chips:
It's easy for all of us to sit down and bash a man's career, but truth is 99% of the basher's on the site won't accomplish anything close in their lives in any area close to what Cruz did in Mixed Martial Arts. When I see comments on these boads it makes me sad people could be so insensitive and cold hearted. It's really kind of Immature to sit there and bash people's career's and life's work, that was unfairly taken away from him and he can't do and instead of appreciating what he's done we write his entire body of work off.

I'm sure these are the same people that are going to stand there and say "No one is going to Miss Struve because he had no chin" "he was a bum anyway" " "Big deal about his heart, didn't matter he wasn't top 10 anyway"

Geez this is why I don't post that much

Post #8   9/10/13 9:13:39PM   

Budgellism

Randy

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,900-1,652
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

It's easy for all of us to sit down and bash a man's career, but truth is 99% of the basher's on the site won't accomplish anything close in their lives in any area close to what Cruz did in Mixed Martial Arts.

Who's bashing his career?

Post #9   9/10/13 9:31:54PM   

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,856-1,025
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

It's easy for all of us to sit down and bash a man's career, but truth is 99% of the basher's on the site won't accomplish anything close in their lives in any area close to what Cruz did in Mixed Martial Arts. When I see comments on these boads it makes me sad people could be so insensitive and cold hearted. It's really kind of Immature to sit there and bash people's career's and life's work, that was unfairly taken away from him and he can't do and instead of appreciating what he's done we write his entire body of work off.

I'm sure these are the same people that are going to stand there and say "No one is going to Miss Struve because he had no chin" "he was a bum anyway" " "Big deal about his heart, didn't matter he wasn't top 10 anyway"

Geez this is why I don't post that much

I dont see what you're saying but you're better off keeping away from the forums because this place is as good as it gets. We might not always agree in certain situations but I guarantee you it's 10x worse over at Sherdog and Bloodyelbow.

Last edited 9/10/13 9:34PM server time by FastKnockout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   9/10/13 9:33:51PM   

sparky

sparky Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by quezocrema0032

It's easy for all of us to sit down and bash a man's career, but truth is 99% of the basher's on the site won't accomplish anything close in their lives in any area close to what Cruz did in Mixed Martial Arts.

My thoughts to

Post #11   9/10/13 9:34:41PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by quezocrema0032

Sparky for one, throwing out false facts. & this post not so much but any post about Cruz in the last year it's all bashing. It's kinda sad, check any Cruz board in the kast year. & Fast Knockout is right it's better here then anywhere else but that doesn't mean its perfect.

Post #12   9/10/13 9:37:57PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,343-1,317
Chips:

Posted by sparky

Posted by quezocrema0032

War Cruz

You could argue it, but you'd be wrong. Cruz may not have finished those fights but other than Joey B's second shot at him, none of those fights were even close.

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by Webbie

I agree 100%. 2 years is way too long for him to just sit on that belt. Barao has already won the interim title and defended it, with another title defence in a week and a half. He's the real champ right now whether Cruz lost or not imo.

I disagree completely. I'm no fan of Cruz, but no fighter should have his belt stripped as long as they are still coming back and still going to be fighting the interim title holder when they do.

Taking his belt away and calling Barao the champion wouldn't change anything. Barao would still know he's wearing someone else's belt, and he'd still have to face Cruz when he was healthy.

Post #13   9/10/13 9:38:14PM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
where in the hell are you coming up with this shit?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #14   9/10/13 9:42:59PM   

sparky

sparky Avatar

Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

Posted by sparky

Posted by quezocrema0032

War Cruz

First off Machida has a ton of fans, I AM NOT ONE of them because I agree he does more back tracking and avoiding then throwing punches. Cruz is like him in the elusivness department, but completley unlike him in that his work rate is the highest in the bantamweight division (Aside from possibly Pickett). Secondly I could see your point his 'elusive style" helped him eek out wins against Joe B & Faber, but you never saw the mighty mouse fight if you think it was even close. Cruz dominated him, with a different game plan then ussual. He used his size and strength and man handled Johnson in his most lop sided victory of his reign so I have to say there you are way off. Look at the numbers Cruz's work rate is ridiculous, and that is your opinion about Barao being the champ. In My book (& the UFC's) you need to beat the champ to be the champ. On top of that Cruz defended the belt more times the Renan so let's not be so quick to crown Renan and discredit Cruz. Just another example of a mixed martial arts fan hating on a true athlete at the pinicle of the sport

Your not a Machida fan but clearly your a Cruz fan

I didnt mean to upset you with my post but thats how I feel. I think Cruz should get a shot at Barao when/if he returns but not acknowledging Renan as the champ right now is craziness.

Post #15   9/10/13 9:45:59PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2