Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Warren KO'd in training

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

TRICK 'R TREAT

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,876-1,035
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Ex-Bellator champ and Fight Master reality show star Joe Warren was reportedly KO'd during training which forced the cancellation of his Bantamweight semi-final tournament bout with Nick Kirk at Bellator 98.

Link

Post #1   9/8/13 12:41:05PM   

KingCmb

Standup Guy

KingCmb Avatar

Career:935-862
Chips:
just seems bush league to me your a professional and have a professional team around you everyone should know not to get knocked / knock you out I guess things happen just seems like a silly mistake

Post #2   9/8/13 1:07:28PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,553-1,348
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I don't know if I would train full contact fighting with a fight just around the corner

Post #3   9/8/13 2:02:33PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:524-367
Chips:
that dude needs to be careful. we've seen him KO'd a few times now and they were pretty brutal. after the loss to Curran i thought "damn, that KO probably just shortened his career like 5 years". i just dont want to see the guy continue to fight and get KO'd a bunch of times and end up like big daddy with dementia.

Post #4   9/8/13 3:09:40PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,361-1,383
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

that dude needs to be careful. we've seen him KO'd a few times now and they were pretty brutal. after the loss to Curran i thought "damn, that KO probably just shortened his career like 5 years". i just dont want to see the guy continue to fight and get KO'd a bunch of times and end up like big daddy with dementia.

Agreed, sometimes there are knockouts you don't come back from like Chuck's knockout to Rashad and Gonzaga's over Cro Cop and Curran did the same to Warren. Warren can't take a punch anymore and I have no interest in seeing him unconscious again.

Post #5   9/8/13 3:45:54PM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:993-633
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:

Posted by Wallass

Posted by tcunningham

Agreed, sometimes there are knockouts you don't come back from like Chuck's knockout to Rashad and Gonzaga's over Cro Cop and Curran did the same to Warren. Warren can't take a punch anymore and I have no interest in seeing him unconscious again.

Warren is 36, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired in the near future.

Post #6   9/8/13 8:30:52PM