Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jacare Souza reluctantly open to future fight against Anderson Silva

Print  
Posted By Message

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Although he doesn't seem to want to do so, Ronaldo Souza admitted at last night's (Sept. 4, 2013) UFC Fight Night 28 post-fight press conference that he's open to a fight against his fellow countryman, Anderson Silva.

Link

Post #1   9/7/13 1:29:28AM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:920-574
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
I would take Anderson in that one.

Post #2   9/7/13 12:16:01PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Lungsofsteel

I would take Anderson in that one.

I would too. However....

Jacare has massively improved his striking and he is literally world class on the ground (that term gets thrown around way to much.)

The only guy Anderson has fought who is anything like Jacare is Demian Maia. Demian Maia was extremely timid in that fight, lacked striking at the time, and never made much of a serious attempt to get Anderson down.

If anyone can beat Anderson, its an aggressive grappler like Jacare. Unlike Chael Sonnen or Chris Weidman though, Jacare actually has the tools to do something to Anderson after getting him down.

Post #3   9/8/13 2:14:49AM