Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

subbed my first purple belt ! yay ! anyone ever heard of a legit white belt subbing a legit black belt ???

Print  
Posted By Message

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:749-413
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
lol, i know this hardly deserves a topic but i thought i would share.

i have been doing bjj at gracie sydney for about 6mnths now (mind you i just came back from 6 week holiday in japan asahi + sake= out of shape)

anyway i was rolling with a purple belt this morning and basically it was at the start of the round and we were in a bit of a scramble whilst he was in top trying to pass my guard and somehow i kind of half swept him and ended up getting a deep reverse triangle...squeezed that thing as hard as i could for about 10 seconds and finally he tapped !

he congratulated me then commenced to sub me 2 times in the same round ! i was just happy to get the sub and was pretty pleased with myself

just keen to know of your guys getting your first big submission whilst being a white belt against someone with some skill wether it be a white belt or black belt ??? keen to hear some stories and i def wont forget this one.

comp coming up on sep 22 aswell...pumped !

Post #1   8/31/13 8:56:35AM   

SpiderSilva

07/07

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,887-1,178
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
That's awesome! In a life or death fight you would have won.

Last edited 8/31/13 11:23AM server time by spidersilva
Edit note/reason: n/a

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   8/31/13 11:22:30AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I remember when first subbed my instructor. I forget what belt he was at the time. But I think we started with one hook in. He figured I was going to work for a choke and the min I went that way he defened the choke but I grabbed onto an arm and took a belly down armbar. Its one of those moment everything clicked just right. I think I Posted about it as well. Congrats !

Post #3   8/31/13 6:07:05PM