Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Fight Night 27 Live Gate and Attendance Pales in Comparison to Last Trip to Indy

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,940-1,617
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
What a difference a day makes… the day of the week that is.

The UFC returned to Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis on Wednesday night to a turnout that paled in comparison to the promotion’s first foray there.

UFC Fight Night 27: Condit vs. Kampmann 2 drew an audience of 5,950, producing a live gate of $355,290. Those are not typical UFC numbers...

Full Story

Post #1   8/29/13 8:37:27AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
There's nothing to figure out. The UFC isn't stupid. People aren't coming out to events like they once did, even in the NFL. TV is the driving force now. Not saying Sat. Wouldn't be better, just saying they will take some hits to make that TV money.

Post #2   8/29/13 10:11:13AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,199-717
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The cards difference were huge though
Despite 119 being the worst PPV flop of the year it had the debut of mark hunt, cro cop, lil nog - a pride fans dream. A lot of old school UFCers, Mir, Sean Sherk, Chris Lytle and Serra.

And originally it was supposed to be Big Nog v Mir
So I guess the fans flew across the state to see it...

Cerrone, RDA, Condit, Kampmann and some TUF Winners don't have the same draw. I remember Fleek not being sold on the card. It was a great night of fights but lacked A class fighters. It had 3 B Team performers and the main event delivered. I understand why people didnt make the effort to go watch though.

It's the kind of event if you went to you'd have loved, but on paper it wouldn't have been worth saving up for.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #3   8/29/13 10:34:22AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,284-838
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by jjeans

The cards difference were huge though
Despite 119 being the worst PPV flop of the year it had the debut of mark hunt, cro cop, lil nog - a pride fans dream. A lot of old school UFCers, Mir, Sean Sherk, Chris Lytle and Serra.

And originally it was supposed to be Big Nog v Mir
So I guess the fans flew across the state to see it...

Cerrone, RDA, Condit, Kampmann and some TUF Winners don't have the same draw. I remember Fleek not being sold on the card. It was a great night of fights but lacked A class fighters. It had 3 B Team performers and the main event delivered. I understand why people didnt make the effort to go watch though.

It's the kind of event if you went to you'd have loved, but on paper it wouldn't have been worth saving up for.

pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

Card lacked big names. easy.

Post #4   8/29/13 10:52:30AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,096-637
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Big names =/= good fights but a week night for an event would definitely stop me from going.

Post #5   8/29/13 11:14:17AM