Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

ED "SHORT FUSE" HERMAN READY TO EXPLODE

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Saturday night, the UFC continues its global expansion when it hosts its first ever show in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Headlined by a match between former UFC Middleweight Champion Rich Franklin and rising star Yushin Okami, the event will take place at the Odyssey Arena. Also scheduled to appear is Ultimate Fighter 3 runner-up Ed Herman. On the undercard, “Short Fuse” will face Scott Smith in middleweight action.

LINK

Post #1   6/13/07 7:30:22AM   

elgigante

Learning to Sprawl

Career:94-40
Chips:
Ever outspoken, the Portland resident expressed his displeasure regarding being excluded from the main card of UFC 72. “It’s bull**** that I’m not on the main card. There’s no way they’re not going to show my fight when I put the smack down on Smith. I’m upset that I’m not on the main card. You got [Forrest] Griffin and [Clay] Guida, both of those guys are coming off of losses and they’re on the main card. Both are good friends of mine and good fighters, don’t get me wrong. Also, [Jason] MacDonald and [Rory] Singer, they’re both coming off of losses too. I just came off of an exciting victory, why the hell am I not on the main card?”

He should STFU about the main card. the only fight he could even possibly bitch about not being in front of is the mcdonald one. griffin/guida is gonna be FOTN for that show and Forrest/Rameriez will be fun too

Post #2   6/13/07 9:46:46AM   

k_lup07

MMA Regular

Career:137-75
Camp: East Coast Top Team
Chips:
id love to see smith put herman down like he did drago

Post #3   6/13/07 12:52:45PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Because he's a whining little baby, i'm not picking him, he'll be so focused on the fact that he's not on the main card, he won't fight up to par.

Post #4   6/13/07 7:15:37PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Because he's a whining little baby, i'm not picking him, he'll be so focused on the fact that he's not on the main card, he won't fight up to par.

or he'll fight extra hard so he can be on the main card next time

Post #5   6/13/07 9:59:15PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by aznteabagger

Posted by cmill21

or he'll fight extra hard so he can be on the main card next time

good point.
I'm picking Herman in this one but it's a close fight no doubt. I don't think Smith can KO Herman but win a decision wouldn't be too unlikely.
Smith has great TD defence so I sure hope Herman has worked on his wrestling because it's on the ground he'll win this fight.

Herman by decision

Post #6   6/13/07 10:44:29PM