Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva uninterested in bouts with Vitor Belfort and 'Jacare' Souza

Print  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Former middleweight champion Anderson Silva speaks out about his future with the UFC.

Link

Post #1   8/20/13 5:42:19PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
After Maia and Leites I too have seen enough of Silva fighting BJJ World champions

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #2   8/20/13 5:51:27PM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Career:584-378
Chips:
this is to funny! So Anderson gets to hand pick who he fights now? He wont fight all his friends in the top 5 of the MW division? Of course! Hahaa! I hope Chris finishes him again. Then maybe we can see the top contendes compete.

Post #3   8/20/13 8:25:45PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by ry_dawg63

this is to funny! So Anderson gets to hand pick who he fights now? He wont fight all his friends in the top 5 of the MW division? Of course! Hahaa! I hope Chris finishes him again. Then maybe we can see the top contendes compete.

Just because Anderson says he's uninterested in those fights doesn't mean that he'll turn them down if the UFC tells him that that's what they want him to do next. He's scheduled to fight Weidman right now, so he's not handpicking anything right now. He's just speaking his mind. He's not acting like Belfort, whose just blatantly avoiding a bunch of fights.

I'd like to see him fight Jacare, but I have no interest in seeing him fight Belfort again.

Edit: I didn't even realize Jacare and Anderson train together. I don't blame him for not wanting that fight.

Last edited 8/21/13 3:12AM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #4   8/20/13 8:28:56PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:2,894-1,593
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
He's already beaten Belfort and he and "Jacare" are training partners, so I see where he's coming from.

Post #5   8/20/13 10:10:15PM   

FastKnockout

$ Impin' Ain't Easy $

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,762-985
Chips:

Posted by tepid55

He's already beaten Belfort and he and "Jacare" are training partners, so I see where he's coming from.

There aren't many champions where are willing to fight teammates. This isn't anything new.

Post #6   8/21/13 12:40:56AM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Career:584-378
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by ry_dawg63

Just because Anderson says he's uninterested in those fights doesn't mean that he'll turn them down if the UFC tells him that that's what they want him to do next. He's scheduled to fight Weidman right now, so he's not handpicking anything right now. He's just speaking his mind. He's not acting like Belfort, whose just blatantly avoiding a bunch of fights.

I'd like to see him fight Jacare, but I have no interest in seeing him fight Belfort again.

well i can understand him not wanting to fight a team mate. i know i wouldn't want to fight a training partner of mine. but i thnk its kind of jacked up he's saying he doesn't want to fight Victor. Yea there friends but that didnt stop him the frist fight. and i think belfort deserve another shot. Who else is in line after Anderson fights weidman?

Post #7   8/21/13 3:05:34AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by ry_dawg63

Posted by Webbie

Posted by ry_dawg63

well i can understand him not wanting to fight a team mate. i know i wouldn't want to fight a training partner of mine. but i thnk its kind of jacked up he's saying he doesn't want to fight Victor. Yea there friends but that didnt stop him the frist fight. and i think belfort deserve another shot. Who else is in line after Anderson fights weidman?

You're forgetting a huge piece of the puzzle...

What happens if Weidman wins again?

That would defeat the purpose in Anderson having a rematch with Belfort (unless of course Belfort loses to Hendo). With that said, if Anderson beats Weidman and they don't schedule another immediate rematch, Anderson isn't going to turn down a fight against TRT-Rex if that's what the UFC wants.

Last edited 8/21/13 3:15AM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   8/21/13 3:14:35AM