Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fortunes changed for five at UFC Fight Night 26

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Of all people, it was Brock Lesnar who made one of the most salient points about MMA a few years back.

When the discussion came about somebody beating somebody else, and how it showed one fighter was better than the other, he noted that a win doesn’t prove absolutes like that. He noted fighting was a sport of quarter-inches. The punch, knee or kick lands in the right spot, just misses the spot, or doesn’t land at all is often just one of those things.

Lesnar knew from first-hand experience. One of his biggest wins, over Shane Carwin with another ref, could have been a loss that destroyed his career as a headliner. Instead, he left the cage that night the biggest star he ever was.

Today, Alistair Overeem is an overrated bust in many people’s eyes, another in the realm of Japanese superstars built on tomato cans who got exposed in the regulated UFC environment. And it’s hard to argue that...

Full Story

Post #1   8/20/13 8:16:49AM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:506-312
Chips:
Reem's knees are almost mortal now that he's off the juice. Let's not forget he beat ole Brocky still on the juice. Also Steven Siler has made my douchebag list nothing against him, but for the fact he KO'D MTB!!!>:(

Also WAR CHAEL!!!! I think that's the best he's looked since the Nate fight. Man was it fun to watch! Reign is a good fit for a Wrestler.

Post #2   8/20/13 2:31:17PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,843-1,756
Camp: country KO
Chips:
cool artical, not sure if I agree with his opinion on Shogun not being in the upper echelon anymore he got caught, it happens.

Post #3   8/20/13 3:11:19PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:771-424
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

cool artical, not sure if I agree with his opinion on Shogun not being in the upper echelon anymore he got caught, it happens.

I have always liked shogun and his style but he is definitely not in the upper part of the division anymore it's a fact.

Post #4   8/20/13 10:43:22PM