Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White says UFC won't counter-program Bellator 106 pay-per-view

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,546-1,579
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by Bustamante-Aoki

Posted by machodog76

Posted by bjj1605

No need to. Its more embarrassing if (when) they fail on their own.

Seriously Belator...the one thing you had going for you was that you built your own talent rather than accepting the dregs of the UFC. What happened?

Kurt Pelligrino, Babalu, Brett Rogers (Strike force I know, still a wash out) War Machine, Roger Huerta, Seth Petruzelli, Neil Grove etc. I know thre's more I just can't think of them off the top of my head. This is nothing new for them.

I quoted the wrong post

To keep Eddie Alvarez (and other fighters in the future) they had to put on a PPV to match UFC's contract, which had potential PPV bonus money in it.

I doubt they'll do many more, if any.

Interesting, thanks!

Post #16   8/16/13 6:32:47PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by machodog76
Kurt Pelligrino, Babalu, Brett Rogers (Strike force I know, still a wash out) War Machine, Roger Huerta, Seth Petruzelli, Neil Grove etc. I know thre's more I just can't think of them off the top of my head. This is nothing new for them.

Those guys got put into the tournament and treated like everyone else. They were there to stand on their merit as fighters, not stand on past glories.

Main eventing these guys is a joke.

That's true, I'm just saying that picking up UFC castaways is nothing new. They aren't getting a title shot with a win I hope.

After Rampage beats Tito I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator tried setting up King Mo versus Rampage if Mo gets by Newton, especially after all the trash talking they've done about each other. I'd be okay with that as long as Mo got KTFO, or at least battered for 25 minutes.

Post #17   8/16/13 6:40:38PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2