Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bellator boss Bjorn Rebney gets wish with 'Rampage'-Ortiz pay-per-view

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:962-517
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The problem Bellator is going to have is that their target audience mostly consists of hardcore MMA fans. The problem with hardcore MMA fans is that they are so hardcore that they often forget that in order to watch the MMA that they love to watch, the company needs to make money in order to keep providing content. Which would explain why Tito and Rampage are the headliners. I think that Bellator needs to go all in still and fire every bullet that they have in order to make this thing a success. The biggest names in the company fighting and as many championship bouts as they can have on this card. Then see where the chips fall after that.

Post #16   8/6/13 3:36:56PM   

quezocrema0032

In Full Mount

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,870-1,008
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
If they can secure Chandler vs Alvarez as the co main event I'd order, we all know what the real main event would be. Its possible Eddie can come back for this fight seeing how its ppv & that would make bellator's counter offer equal to the ufc's (atleast as far as the terms go). Plus like people said Newton vs King Mo, Curran cs Frodo, plud Alexander S. Sounds like a fair pice tag. Only if Eddie resigns though

Post #17   8/6/13 3:53:56PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by quezocrema0032

If they can secure Chandler vs Alvarez as the co main event I'd order, we all know what the real main event would be. Its possible Eddie can come back for this fight seeing how its ppv & that would make bellator's counter offer equal to the ufc's (atleast as far as the terms go). Plus like people said Newton vs King Mo, Curran cs Frodo, plud Alexander S. Sounds like a fair pice tag. Only if Eddie resigns though

I don't think you'll see Alvarez anywhere near a PPV anytime in the immediate future. If they do, they'll owe him a shit-ton of money.

Hmm, now that I actually think about it, they'd actually have to sell a lot of PPV's to owe him a shit-ton, but he'd take a percentage nonetheless.

Post #18   8/6/13 5:37:11PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,087-770
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by GDPofMPG

Does anyone really think the UFC wouldn't make Rampage vs Tito a Co-Main event or Main Event in 2013.

I don't think they would make that a co main at all

Tito's last three UFC fights
PPV Main Event
PPV Co-Main Event
PPV Main Card hump fight

Rampages last three UFC fights
UFC on FOX Co-Main Event
UFC PPV Co-Main Event
UFC PPV Main Event

If Rampage and Tito were contracted UFC fighters today, why do you think the UFC would not push them to the top of a card after they agreed to fight?

Post #19   8/6/13 5:44:04PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,863-1,073
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by postman

Posted by GDPofMPG

Does anyone really think the UFC wouldn't make Rampage vs Tito a Co-Main event or Main Event in 2013.

I don't think they would make that a co main at all

Tito's last three UFC fights
PPV Main Event
PPV Co-Main Event
PPV Main Card hump fight

Rampages last three UFC fights
UFC on FOX Co-Main Event
UFC PPV Co-Main Event
UFC PPV Main Event

If Rampage and Tito were contracted UFC fighters today, why do you think the UFC would not push them to the top of a card after they agreed to fight?

Good Point, it could CO, or headline a Fuel,FX or TUF finale card, But i don't think UFC would promote it as a main headliner for a PPV... if it were 2005 probably. But not now, Most UFC fans shuld probably know where these 2 are at in their careers at this point....Either way I'm pretty happy Page isn't boxing RJJ, ..Because he'll get destroyed and boxing fans wil Trolololololo mma.

Last edited 8/7/13 10:57AM server time by iwannabesedated
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   8/7/13 8:13:21AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2