Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Do you think Cain could be Big show

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,612-939
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by davelawson

Ive seen Cains fights..
Big foot silva is a manlet compared to big show in size, so thats why i am wondering. Cain has never fought anyone of big shows size before.

This joke thread is the reason the UFC needs to bring back SHW. If you are truly curious how a SUPER big man would stack up you should check out Giant Silva's pride fights. He is over 300 and got schooled by guys like Heath Herring.

Post #16   8/5/13 11:49:38AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
The Big Show is in his 40's and is probably worn out from taking wrestling bumps, but even in his prime, his lack of real wrestling defense would cause him to get taken down at will by Cain, and once he was down, like any other inexperienced big man, it would just be a tragic series of embarrassing punches until he decided to tap.

Post #17   8/5/13 5:53:27PM   

infestructure

NOW KITH

infestructure Avatar

Career:734-445
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Our friend davelawson PMed me..

To:infestructure
Subject:i would beat you up
Message:Im bigger than you, stronger than you, and faster than you.

Do people like this exist? Or is this a really dedicated troll job?

Post #18   8/6/13 1:09:04AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Chips:

Posted by infestructure

Our friend davelawson PMed me..

To:infestructure
Subject:i would beat you up
Message:Im bigger than you, stronger than you, and faster than you.

Whilst all that might be true I'm pretty sure anyone asking who'd (simply) win between Big Show and Cain (in a real fight)

Isn't quite right in the head
Or would come into a fight wearing spandex, covered in face paint and spray tan and try and suplex you and shit.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #19   8/6/13 4:40:40AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
Big Show vs Shaq would be interesting. Big Show vs Cain would be a blood bath. Someone remind us all how pro wrestlers have faired in MMA lol

Post #20   8/6/13 2:00:38PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

Big Show vs Shaq would be interesting. Big Show vs Cain would be a blood bath. Someone remind us all how pro wrestlers have faired in MMA lol

Brock Lesnar won the UFC HW belt and defended it within 2 years of training mma.

King Mo will be Bellator's LHW champ within the year.

Josh Barnett has also done pretty well for himself.

Tito and Rampage are in pro wrestling now but not when they were decent.

All in all I'd say pro wrestlers have actually done pretty well in mma. (Now let's just hope no one mentions Lashley.)

Post #21   8/6/13 5:26:20PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Chips:
I hope you're are only half serious about this. King Mo and Brock were REAL WRESTLERS before they were pro wrestlers. Josh Barnett trained BJJ for years. Real wrestling is transferable to MMA. That's what made them successful, not their wrasslin experience. You might as well throw Shamrock in your case for pro wrestlers if you are going to try and use Tito or Rampage. I'm talking Pro Wrestlers like Sean Ohaire and Dos Caras jr( AKA Alberto Del Rio AKA the head kick heard around the world).

The fact is Big Show has a lot of wrestling injuries that hinder him in a fake wrestling match. He is also 40 years old! In a match vs a monster like Cain would be vastly over matched and would get destroyed. Like I said the better match up would be Shaq.

Last edited 8/8/13 1:24AM server time by lll-lll
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   8/8/13 1:23:24AM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

I hope you're are only half serious about this. King Mo and Brock were REAL WRESTLERS before they were pro wrestlers. Josh Barnett trained BJJ for years. Real wrestling is transferable to MMA. That's what made them successful, not their wrasslin experience. You might as well throw Shamrock in your case for pro wrestlers if you are going to try and use Tito or Rampage. I'm talking Pro Wrestlers like Sean Ohaire and Dos Caras jr( AKA Alberto Del Rio AKA the head kick heard around the world).

The fact is Big Show has a lot of wrestling injuries that hinder him in a fake wrestling match. He is also 40 years old! In a match vs a monster like Cain would be vastly over matched and would get destroyed. Like I said the better match up would be Shaq.

I think we have our match up. Big Show vs Shaq, who ya got??

1. Big Show- SD

EDIT: Im not sure if these 2 have already "choreographed" a fight in the WWE.

Last edited 8/8/13 2:32AM server time by hashyandy4

Post #23   8/8/13 2:30:00AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,067-623
Chips:

Posted by hashyandy4

I think we have our match up. Big Show vs Shaq, who ya got??

1. Big Show- SD

EDIT: Im not sure if these 2 have already "choreographed" a fight in the WWE.

GTFO, Shaq knows Shaq-Fu! Despite being the worst character in the game, Shaq-Fu is still the greatest form of martial arts known to man and monster alike.

Post #24   8/8/13 9:30:31AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

You asked how pro wrestlers have fared in mma which is pretty well. Had you asked if the skills learned in pro wrestling translate to mma, I would have said probably not. Virtually all pro wrestlers were 'real wrestlers' at some point and just because someone participates in scripted wrestling doesn't exclude them from being a good fighter. It's a shame mma wasn't bigger when Kurt Angle was rising to fame. I think he could have been a legit contender.

Shaq should fight Jose Conseco.

Post #25   8/8/13 12:03:55PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,300-892
Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

Good post, King Mo, Rampage, Tito, Barnett, Shamrock etc.,. were all Mixed Martial Artists before ever doing anything with Pro Wrestling. You can point to JPW stuff but those guys are so different in their craft as well that they are not even good examples. The only guys who have real crossed over as MMA guys from pro wrestling already had a well established martial art they were competent at. Paul Wight played high school basketball and football.

Post #26   8/8/13 1:48:30PM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Chips:
You can keep saying pretty well, but the evidence doesn't agree. Minus Brock winning the title, no one else who started in wrestling has ever been successful. A title shot he NEVER EARNED and a lucky punch to boot. Batista BARELY beat some fat can. ADR's MMA claim to fame is being head kicked by Cro Cop. O Haire was KOed in less than a minute by Butterbean lol Even Brock was hardly that impressive. Tapped quick by Mir, slaughtered by Carwin prior to him gassing, slaughtered by Cain, and embarrassed by Overeem. MAYBE a case can be made for some JPW guys, IMO those guys brought more questions than they were worth. Hell look at Weidman vs Anderson, then imagine if Anderson was double dipping in WWE like Tito and Rampage are now.

Last edited 8/8/13 5:03PM server time by lll-lll
2 total post edits

Post #27   8/8/13 4:49:08PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,526-937
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by lll-lll

Brock Lesnar won the UFC HW belt and defended it within 2 years of training mma.

King Mo will be Bellator's LHW champ within the year.

Josh Barnett has also done pretty well for himself.

Tito and Rampage are in pro wrestling now but not when they were decent.

All in all I'd say pro wrestlers have actually done pretty well in mma. (Now let's just hope no one mentions Lashley.)

To be fair, Mo, Barnett, Tito and Rampage all fought MMA before pro wrestling.

But guys like Funaki, Ken Shamrock, Sakuraba, Ogawa and a host of other Japanese fighters did pro wrestling first and they were successful in MMA. The main determinations for success seem to be: 1) Doing pro wrestling in Japan instead of in the U.S. and 2) Having an amateur wrestling or judo background before going into pro wrestling.

Last edited 8/9/13 9:55AM server time by fullerene

Post #28   8/9/13 9:55:32AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
A better question would be: could Big Show beat Cain?

Post #29   8/9/13 2:38:15PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2