Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

BT Sport launches to customer complaints, UFC loses 3.8 million UK Virgin TV customer base

Print  
Posted By Message

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,115-670
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
BT Sport launched in the UK yesterday with a one day Freeview event to give potential new customers a taste of what they can expect with a full subscription. The day peaked with a 1.21% share (some 207k viewers) for the Bayern Munich versus Manchester City European Football (Soccer) match, according to BroadcastNow.co.uk

According to a BBC Business article, BT has spent over £700 million in the last few years for upcoming Premier League Football matches, compared to Sky's £2billion+ for the majority of match rights. ITV, Setanta and ESPN have tried taking on the Sky giant when it comes to exclusive live sport coverage and have been found lacking, and it seems BT has already failed to put its best foot forward.

LINK

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #1   8/3/13 1:52:25PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
This is fucking bullshit! If I want to watch UFC now I'll have to change my cable provider and broadband carrier! Thank god for streaming!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   8/3/13 8:42:45PM   

Adam_Buru

MMA Regular

Adam_Buru Avatar

Career:1,250-866
Camp: Ninja Jiu Jitsu
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

This is fucking bullshit! If I want to watch UFC now I'll have to change my cable provider and broadband carrier! Thank god for streaming!

BT's quite a good company. I've been with them for years and I don't pay that much for my phone and internet bills.

Post #3   8/4/13 10:01:54AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,416-1,743
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I have to admit, the BT coverage was way better than it was on ESPN, they actually managed to show the show in its entirety. Not only that but they had a UFC, the story so far show, as well as a weekly news slot for 60 minutes, all seems good to me

Post #4   8/4/13 1:40:15PM