Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

I was thinking...

Print  
Posted By Message

mcdonald_samuel7

Learning to Sprawl

mcdonald_samuel7 Avatar

Career:223-140
Chips:
Just for fun sake, if the UFC had no rounds what so ever and adopted back the no round or time limit rules... i think absolutely the ruler of the lighter weight classes (LW & FW) would have to be Frankie Edgar right? Even over Aldo and Bendo just based on the fact he accelerates as a fighter and has amazing cardio over anyone in those divisons i believe. So hypothetically if he fought everyone in those divisons and they didn't stop until one man was left standing... i think edgar is the man still standing.

What about you?

Post #1   8/1/13 3:44:09AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Chips:
GSP would be tough. It would suck to get peppered with that swift jab for and endless amount of time.

Post #2   8/1/13 9:43:14AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,173-700
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
So we're assuming that Edgar is fighting with the current ruleset, no foot strikes to a downed opponent, and there is an unlimited time period.
The UFC would always have a time period with a ruleset.. or else the fight could go on for hours and the UFC normally has a time schedule to stick to.

So if we assume the UFC are saying they have a 30 minute one round rule, and if it hits the finish? How is it scored? A draw if it hits the end like Gracie/Shamrock? Or PRIDE, the judges score an overall winner?

A lot of considerations but if its a 30 minute, unified rules fight, scored as a whole fight, I think Maynard would have beaten Edgar in there first fight, and Bendo would have won theres. If we score the 25 minute fights on a whole, the only real significant things to score are Edgars face and Edgar getting dropped.

If time was unlimited yes Edgar would be the champion, if you're scoring a 1 round less than 30 minute fight, the judges would favor the guy who didn't get beaten to hell for 60 seconds.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #3   8/1/13 11:24:25AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I like the time limits

Post #4   8/1/13 4:54:23PM