Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Biggest Fail in MMA History?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Video (Warning: high volume)

It's only amateur, but I'd say it's in the running. Thoughts?

Post #1   7/31/13 6:07:21PM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:925-579
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
saw this earlier this week lol!!! man what a fool

Post #2   7/31/13 6:38:42PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
LOL.

It's so ridiculous it seems fake.

Post #3   7/31/13 8:04:02PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,141-803
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Nice, but really, how will anything top "Hello Japan"

Post #4   8/2/13 11:53:37AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Career:885-523
Camp: The UFC Nutriders
Chips:
I'd say either Wiman vs Spencer or maybe Kimbo vs Seth. Then again Anderson vs Weidman may go down as the most famous when we look back years from now.

Post #5   8/5/13 10:24:38AM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,455-838
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Russow v Duffy was a nice one. Can't forget the hammer of doom.

Post #6   8/5/13 11:26:58AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Chips:
Good call on Hendo vs MB! It's especially awesome when you watch the video where someone spliced bits of the British tools preflight interview, where he claims he hasn't been KOed and won't be by Hendo, between shots of the KO lol absolutely EPIC!

Edit: how could I forget to mention hundreds of Bispings KO face photoshopped into all kinds of pics adding to the failure lol

Last edited 8/8/13 1:34AM server time by lll-lll
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   8/8/13 1:32:38AM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,479-905
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Doesn't necessarily top the original vid, but James Thompson vs. Alex Emelianenko deserves a mention.

It's a good fight to show to MMA noobs and ask, "Who do you think will win?" just before the fight starts.

Post #8   8/9/13 9:47:11AM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Chips:

Posted by lll-lll
Then again Anderson vs Weidman may go down as the most famous when we look back years from now.

I'd say Serra over GSP and Werdum over Fedor were bigger upsets. Wiedman was favored by a lot of insiders and I don't remember anyone saying that Serra or Werdum was going to win.

Post #9   8/9/13 9:50:02AM   

lll-lll

Standup Guy

lll-lll Avatar

Chips:
I didn't say biggest upset. Taunting a guy and getting KOed is a major fail. BTW yes Serra vs GSP is the biggest upset ever.

Post #10   8/9/13 6:43:23PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
There are a few I can think off
Silva taunt may be one of then

Post #11   8/11/13 9:09:06PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Chips:

Posted by lll-lll

I didn't say biggest upset. Taunting a guy and getting KOed is a major fail. BTW yes Serra vs GSP is the biggest upset ever.

You didn't say "Biggest taunting and then getting KOd" either. I think that being a potentially dominant champion with a karate background and allowing a top 20 guy, one weight class below you with a BJJ background to hit you cleanly with a wild haymaker in the 1st round is a huge mistake. It was something that shouldn't have happened, was indicative of a mental lapse, and it took a long time for GSP's career to regain that same momentum. Without that loss, GSP would have been UFC champion for the longest period of time (calendar time, minus the injury) and he would have probably been the more popular choice vs. Silva and Fedor as GOAT.

Similarly, Fedor walking into the guard--and staying in the guard--of the top HW BJJ in the world after an intentional flop to the floor--was a pretty big mental error and one that had big repercussions for his career.

Post #12   8/14/13 3:03:21PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,133-678
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

Posted by lll-lll

You didn't say "Biggest taunting and then getting KOd" either. I think that being a potentially dominant champion with a karate background and allowing a top 20 guy, one weight class below you with a BJJ background to hit you cleanly with a wild haymaker in the 1st round is a huge mistake. It was something that shouldn't have happened, was indicative of a mental lapse, and it took a long time for GSP's career to regain that same momentum. Without that loss, GSP would have been UFC champion for the longest period of time (calendar time, minus the injury) and he would have probably been the more popular choice vs. Silva and Fedor as GOAT.

Similarly, Fedor walking into the guard--and staying in the guard--of the top HW BJJ in the world after an intentional flop to the floor--was a pretty big mental error and one that had big repercussions for his career.

I see your point. Serra vs GSP, GSP took him lightly which could be viewed as a fail.
Fedor getting into Wedrums guard without hitting him cleanly could be viewed as a fail as well.

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #13   8/14/13 6:20:58PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

Posted by lll-lll

i dont agree with the fedor statement AT ALL

Fedor has had OUTSTANDING success in the guard, and pounded on another #1 BJJ HW in Big Nog. He was just trying to do what he had for years. Wouldn't call it a mental error

Post #14   8/15/13 7:55:29AM   

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,433-855
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Russow v Duffy was a nice one. Can't forget the hammer of doom.

Lest We Forget.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #15   8/15/13 9:42:02AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2