Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Ronda Rousey on media attention: 'I word things more colorfully than others'

Print  
Posted By Message

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Even with their media exposure, Ronda Rousey takes pleasure in getting one over on her rival Miesha Tate.

The UFC women's bantamweight champion said an ESPN story on female athletes and breasts wasn't just exciting because she was quoted, but because she got more copy than Tate.

Link

Last edited 7/31/13 5:38PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/31/13 4:53:42PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I must say, this is the type of thing that makes me want to see Rousey get smashed. Unfortunately I don't believe Tate is capable of making that happen.

Also, why does Rousey think her titties are so big? They look pretty small to me.

I truly believe the only reason she uses terms like "big titties" and "camel toe" constantly (and I mean constantly) is just to get people to listen to what she has to say. She clearly takes pride in that as well.

I want to see 'Borg destroy her.

Post #2   7/31/13 4:58:40PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,869-1,573
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Titties...camel toe....seems like a pretty standard American vocabulary to me.

Post #3   7/31/13 5:44:57PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,719-1,676
Camp: country KO
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

I must say, this is the type of thing that makes me want to see Rousey get smashed. Unfortunately I don't believe Tate is capable of making that happen.

Also, why does Rousey think her titties are so big? They look pretty small to me.

I truly believe the only reason she uses terms like "big titties" and "camel toe" constantly (and I mean constantly) is just to get people to listen to what she has to say. She clearly takes pride in that as well.

I want to see 'Borg destroy her.

I think she was saying you don't see big titties in the Olympics for a reason. Meaning that they are either bolted down or top level female athletes don't tend to have large breasts. I think she's funny myself but I seem to be in the minority.

Post #4   7/31/13 6:07:47PM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
'I word things more colorfully than others' <--- understatement of the year.

Rousey's smart. Just look at her posture during weigh-ins. Most of the crowd are dudes, right - it's not sexist, it's reality. So when she's facing that crowd, she clasps her hands behind her back and smiles, sometimes even tilting her head down or to the side a bit. She looks not only friendly, but non-threatening, which is key when her job is popping shoulders out of socket. In other words, she appears to be a pretty girl in a sports bra, and she plays up that image.

When she faces her opponent, she switches it back to aggression and determination, to show that she's also a talented and formidable competitor. Completely different image, and it's safe at that time because the glare is directed at her opponent - and not the crowd of dudes, most of whom she could mangle relatively easily.

Papa Chael came out of his TUF run showing a new side of him - the coach, the mentor, the inspiring leader who's been there - and I'm sure that wasn't easy. Rousey's got an opportunity with TUF, but so does Miesha Tate. All it takes is one bad (or cleverly edited) scene to turn public opinion.

At this point, she's shown an unusual awareness of media, and in time I think she could be as compelling as Sonnen or Anderson Silva in that arena. We'll see if Rousey's image awareness can endure the constant attention and pressure of the TUF house, because it's a big test.

Post #5   7/31/13 7:17:14PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:
remember when ronda rousey was talking trash about playboy yet is an attention whore her self

Post #6   7/31/13 9:58:56PM