Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

With Kennedy fight dead, UFC's Belfort interested in Sonnen fight

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

FastKnockout

THE RUTHLESS ONE

FastKnockout Avatar

Career:1,647-919
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
A potential bout with middleweight contender Vitor Belfort is now dead, according to Tim Kennedy. However, one notable is interested in fighting the Brazilian.

Link

Post #1   7/31/13 11:25:40AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:999-575
Chips:
"However, Sonnen said he'd be willing to fight Belfort at UFC 168, which takes place in Las Vegas. The catch, though, is that Sonnen wants Belfort's No. 1 contender's status if victorious."
I will love this as soon as I see confirmation that Belfort really wants this fight...and if the UFC allows the fight.

Post #2   7/31/13 11:42:53AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

"However, Sonnen said he'd be willing to fight Belfort at UFC 168, which takes place in Las Vegas. The catch, though, is that Sonnen wants Belfort's No. 1 contender's status if victorious."
I will love this as soon as I see confirmation that Belfort really wants this fight...and if the UFC allows the fight.

No way Sonnen gets it in writing he wins he gets a shot

Post #3   7/31/13 11:57:36AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Chips:
I think Sonnen has had enough title shots for now...even if he beats Shogun, Belfort, and Wanderlei in a row. I just think it would be a little ridiculous as of now. If he can do all of this and then take out another high ranked MW or LHW ( Glover, Machida, Davis, etc..) then it would be cool again.

Post #4   7/31/13 12:01:43PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:1,113-786
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Back room deals to cut in front of winning fighters, yeah sounds like something Chael would try for. Not liking any news I've seen in this thread. Sonnen has a fight he is about to lose and has no business lobbying for any kind of title shot. Vitor should have his sights set on a top tier guy, not avoiding logical fights while asking for meaningless fights.

Post #5   7/31/13 12:12:56PM   

BillsNewAccount

STACKING THEM BADGES

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:1,419-820
Chips:
Vitor is just trying to buy time so he can keep his one spot. For being a badass that is smashing everyone he sure is acting like a pussy. Having his wife speak for him. Saying he won't fight at MW.

Dana needs to have him fight Gegard.

Post #6   7/31/13 12:35:21PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:
Make it happen. Do it in Vegas so we don't have to hear all this TRT shit about Brazil.

Tough fight for Belfort but if he can stop the TD he will win the standup

Post #7   7/31/13 1:13:43PM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:897-448
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
This is getting ridiculous. "but I get #1 status if I win" totall bullshit. As much as I'd like to take a shot at Sonnen for this crap, I can't.

Dana White opened the door for this. It's like the babysitter cancelled and he decided to go out with his wife anyway. Now the kids are home alone, using twitter wars to determine the near future of the UFC. This crap hurts the credibility of the UFC. No more un-earned title shots Dana. You fight your way to the front of the line, no matter how big your mouth is. Just because you can sell a fight, doesnt make it the right choice.

Last edited 7/31/13 2:20PM server time by traveler77
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #8   7/31/13 2:16:36PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,939-1,156
Chips:
The inmates run the asylum

Post #9   7/31/13 2:23:10PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:

Posted by traveler77

This is getting ridiculous. "but I get #1 status if I win" totall bullshit. As much as I'd like to take a shot at Sonnen for this crap, I can't.

Dana White opened the door for this. It's like the babysitter cancelled and he decided to go out with his wife anyway. Now the kids are home alone, using twitter wars to determine the near future of the UFC. This crap hurts the credibility of the UFC. No more un-earned title shots Dana. You fight your way to the front of the line, no matter how big your mouth is. Just because you can sell a fight, doesnt make it the right choice.

You can take a shot at Sonnen. He is the posterboy for exploiting Zuffa's ridiculousness more than anyone.

Post #10   7/31/13 2:35:58PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Title shot? Shots are for loser frat boys that will eventually flunk out of Phys-Ed....like Victor...err, Vitor.

FACT: I don't want the title shot, I want the title.

FACT: I don't promote fights, I pick fights.

FACT: A lot of guys people say they'll fight anybody. Nobody will. The only guy the UFC has that will truly fight any man God ever made, is ME. I will fight any one of 'em. Whether I want to, don't want to, like 'em, don't like 'em, this weight, that weight, catch weight, doesn't make any difference to me. Sign me up and I'll show up.

FACT: If he [Vitor Belfort] wants to get his name in the paper by name dropping me, he needs to keep it within the realms of reality. We can only suspend reality so far. Listen, he pulls out of a fight with Cung Le and then he says he wants to fight me? Nobody believes that.

FACT: 19: The age I started my MMA career. 16 years later still not a blemish on my face... Or my record.

Last edited 7/31/13 2:52PM server time by chael_sonnen

Post #11   7/31/13 2:50:46PM   

traveller77

MMA Regular

traveller77 Avatar

Career:897-448
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Title shot? Shots are for loser frat boys that will eventually flunk out of Phys-Ed....like Victor...err, Vitor.

FACT: I don't want the title shot, I want the title.

FACT: I don't promote fights, I pick fights.

FACT: A lot of guys people say they'll fight anybody. Nobody will. The only guy the UFC has that will truly fight any man God ever made, is ME. I will fight any one of 'em. Whether I want to, don't want to, like 'em, don't like 'em, this weight, that weight, catch weight, doesn't make any difference to me. Sign me up and I'll show up.

FACT: If he [Vitor Belfort] wants to get his name in the paper by name dropping me, he needs to keep it within the realms of reality. We can only suspend reality so far. Listen, he pulls out of a fight with Cung Le and then he says he wants to fight me? Nobody believes that.

FACT: 19: The age I started my MMA career. 16 years later still not a blemish on my face... Or my record.

I'm pretty sure that unblemished face is just the covering for a little brain damage just behind it.

I'll just ignore the unblemished record part due to the aforementioned reason, ......maybe he forgot

Last edited 7/31/13 3:00PM server time by traveler77
2 total post edits

Post #12   7/31/13 2:58:10PM   

GDPofMPG

MMA Sensei

GDPofMPG Avatar

Chips:
Fact: Chale Sonnen had to turn to the Dbag element of this country to make himself MMA's Kim K or Lindsey Lohan because he knew after 12 years in the sport he was so unremarkable in and out of the cage that his ego would never get the attention he so sadly and desperately coveted.
Fact: These are the most noteworthy moments of Chale Sonnen's overrated career.
Dropped
Smashed
2nd place Sonnen always finds a way to lose
Hahhahaha
Losing to Bisping
Doh!
Pants crapped!
No corny script, no balls, no comprendo
Biggest moment of Sonnen's Career

Last edited 7/31/13 3:28PM server time by GDPofMPG

Post #13   7/31/13 3:25:38PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

Fact: Chale Sonnen had to turn to the Dbag element of this country to make himself MMA's Kim K or Lindsey Lohan because he knew after 12 years in the sport he was so unremarkable in and out of the cage that his ego would never get the attention he so sadly and desperately coveted.
Fact: These are the most noteworthy moments of Chale Sonnen's overrated career.
Dropped
Smashed
2nd place Sonnen always finds a way to lose
Hahhahaha
Losing to Bisping
Doh!
Pants crapped!
No corny script, no balls, no comprendo
Biggest moment of Sonnen's Career

FACT: GDPofMPG = Gotten 2

Thanks for playing....next time incorporate more commas.....AND periods.......AND use of the ENTER key......GENIUS.

Last edited 7/31/13 3:32PM server time by chael_sonnen
3 total post edits

Post #14   7/31/13 3:30:46PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,742-1,520
Chips:
So Sonnen would potentially get 3 title shots in 4 fights spanning 2 different weight classes with only a single victory?

Post #15   7/31/13 3:33:45PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2