Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Brock Lesnar: Very Close To Resigning With UFC

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Brock did help make the heavyweight division exciting again.

Right now. The heavyweight division is heading south.

UFC really needs to sign some new blood blue chip prospects

Post #16   7/29/13 5:39:01PM   

LightsOUT23

Standup Guy

LightsOUT23 Avatar

Career:340-238
Chips:
I'd like to see Brock return. He did make the UFC HW division interesting again and i think he doesn't get enough props for what he did in his short time with the UFC.
The TUF series he did with Dos Santos really showed what great guys both fighters were. I think it was very unfortunate that Brock under went serious surgery side lining him from his throne in the UFC. His come back was rushed and he did not not look like a champion. With a long lay off, re-energized and in better health, i bet he's edging to get back in there !!!

Post #17   7/29/13 6:17:17PM   

TerrorofsesameST

Learning to Sprawl

TerrorofsesameST Avatar

Career:810-539
Chips:
If he has plans on making another run at the title then he really should watch the top 5 HWs and see how much more talented they are then him. Cain would annihilate him again, JDS would knock his dick stiff, Cormier is a better MMA wrestler then Brock and better striker, Werdum Brock (prime) could probably beat but lets not forget Werdum subbed Fedor, Bigfoot would knock his ass senseless. (ranking 5-10) Overeem..HAHA we saw what happened. Brock would kill Frank Mir again. Roy Nelson I believe would beat Brock. I always wanted to see Big Nog vs Lesnar though. Travis Browne would smoke Lesnar too, imo.

Lets be real if he wants to make a comeback and get a potential title fight he'd have to go through those guys I don't see that happening unless he moved his camp and trained with better fighters (no offense to Pat barry mike russow shane del rosario). I just don't see it happening. I'd be all for it if the guy just missed real fighting and competing like what Randy Couture did during his last tenure w/ the UFC.

Post #18   7/29/13 6:59:04PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by Webbie
I'm so tired of uneducated wrestling fans telling me how great of a fighter Lesnar is/was/whatever/bullshit.

He did about as well as you could possibly ask for him to have done in his brief career considering the limited about of time he had spent training in MMA and the age he came into the sport at. That said, I don't think any self-respecting fan would have put him at an elite level overall skill wise, nor do I think any of us would've ever put him on our pound for pound list. He was fun to watch though, and that's something that I think will always be appreciated. It's why Dan Hardy is still around.

Have you spoken to many professional wrestling fans (who don't watch MMA) about Brock Lesnar? Seriously, it's one of the most frustrating conversations I've ever had.

"Man, Brock got so good at submissions while he was in the UFC. He just submits everybody now. He's a friggin' submission beast, yo! He's not quite as good as John Cena, though."

Me: Cena doesn't submit people. What Cena does is fake. Also, Brock is not very good at submissions.

"Dude, he submits people all the time in the WWE!"

Me: Again, that shit's fake.

"Not all of it."

Me: GTFOH.

"What about Batista? He fought in the UFC and won."

Me: *smfh*

I know too many professional wrestling fans unfortunately, and they all happen to be idiots. I'll be very happy to see Brock stick with wrestling and not return to the UFC. He doesn't have the necessary heart anyways. His lack of heart is his biggest weakness IMO. He don't like feeling any pain, and he's afraid of it.

Post #19   7/29/13 7:01:40PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:997-529
Chips:
Mir/Lesnar III is there for the taking. Would love to see a finale to the trilogy.

Post #20   7/29/13 7:26:46PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
I miss Brock.........

I need some new material at his expense.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 7/29/13 8:41PM server time by chael_sonnen
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   7/29/13 8:41:17PM   

Dberntson

Standup Guy

Dberntson Avatar

Career:1,010-590
Camp: TKO
Chips:
All I can say is that Lesnar won the UFC title in his 4th overall MMA bought and 3rd UFC fight. Please find me a fighter that ever accomplished anything close to that. You have to give the guy respect for that alone, even if he wasn't well rounded and cant take a punch. Also, he defended the belt twice in a row. No other heavy weight since has matched that and only a few have ever done that in the UFC - as the UFC heavy weight belt is worse than a hot potato. Lesnar might not be the best MMA fighter of all time nor a P4P, but he accomplished more in terms of titles and success in his short career then most. I would welcome him back in a second. He might not win a title again, but he would be a top 10 for a while. In my opinion, he would likely lose to Caine and Jr., but I think he would steam roll through Silva, Nelson, Mir, Big Nog, and most other HWs. I personally would like to see a rematch against Overeem now that he is off the juice and Lesnar has had more time to recover from his 2nd bought of divercilitus - which can be fatal.

Post #22   7/29/13 9:50:29PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Steamroll Bigfoot? You're talking about Brock Lesnar?

I have a hard time seeing that happening.

To clarify, earlier I wasn't trying to say that Brock is trash, I just said that I'm tired of pro wrestling fans who know nothing about MMA trying to tell me how great Brock is when they don't even know the difference between the UFC and MMA.

The comment I made about his heart is true.

Post #23   7/29/13 9:57:45PM   

UFC_Fanatic

In Full Mount

UFC_Fanatic Avatar

Career:1,448-894
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by UFC_Fanatic

Posted by Webbie
I'm so tired of uneducated wrestling fans telling me how great of a fighter Lesnar is/was/whatever/bullshit.

He did about as well as you could possibly ask for him to have done in his brief career considering the limited about of time he had spent training in MMA and the age he came into the sport at. That said, I don't think any self-respecting fan would have put him at an elite level overall skill wise, nor do I think any of us would've ever put him on our pound for pound list. He was fun to watch though, and that's something that I think will always be appreciated. It's why Dan Hardy is still around.

Have you spoken to many professional wrestling fans (who don't watch MMA) about Brock Lesnar? Seriously, it's one of the most frustrating conversations I've ever had.

"Man, Brock got so good at submissions while he was in the UFC. He just submits everybody now. He's a friggin' submission beast, yo! He's not quite as good as John Cena, though."

Me: Cena doesn't submit people. What Cena does is fake. Also, Brock is not very good at submissions.

"Dude, he submits people all the time in the WWE!"

Me: Again, that shit's fake.

"Not all of it."

Me: GTFOH.

"What about Batista? He fought in the UFC and won."

Me: *smfh*

I know too many professional wrestling fans unfortunately, and they all happen to be idiots. I'll be very happy to see Brock stick with wrestling and not return to the UFC. He doesn't have the necessary heart anyways. His lack of heart is his biggest weakness IMO. He don't like feeling any pain, and he's afraid of it.

Fair enough. For some reason, when I made my post, I didn't really think of the overly fanatical pro wrestling fans. I have a few friends that watch pro wrestling and love it, but I've also showed them a bunch of my ufc dvds and got them into that too, which, I'll admit, I did entirely because they irritated me in their pro wrestling trumps MMA idiocy. I made damn sure they became educated. Now most of them love both sports, and have an understanding of the real vs fake distinction between them. I feel sorry for you having to deal with those overzealous uneducated fans. You, sir, must have the patience of a saint.

Post #24   7/30/13 1:13:35AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,496-876
Chips:
I'd be fine with them signing him for grudge matches and crap. Just to get some juice out of the name.

I have no interest at all in him fighting for the title again though.

Post #25   7/30/13 3:07:52AM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson

All I can say is that Lesnar won the UFC title in his 4th overall MMA bought and 3rd UFC fight. Please find me a fighter that ever accomplished anything close to that..

Please find me a fighter who was handed it like that. I'm sure there are other fighters who could have done that but just weren't given the opportunity.

Last edited 7/30/13 1:30PM server time by DeadHead988
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #26   7/30/13 3:43:06AM   

snakeplissken

Standup Guy

snakeplissken Avatar

Career:1,673-1,172
Camp: BAMMA UK
Chips:
Lesanr Vs. Pat Barry would be great.

Post #27   7/30/13 6:41:30AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by Dberntson

All I can say is that Lesnar won the UFC title in his 4th overall MMA bought and 3rd UFC fight. Please find me a fighter that ever accomplished anything close to that. You have to give the guy respect for that alone, even if he wasn't well rounded and cant take a punch. Also, he defended the belt twice in a row. No other heavy weight since has matched that and only a few have ever done that in the UFC - as the UFC heavy weight belt is worse than a hot potato. Lesnar might not be the best MMA fighter of all time nor a P4P, but he accomplished more in terms of titles and success in his short career then most. I would welcome him back in a second. He might not win a title again, but he would be a top 10 for a while. In my opinion, he would likely lose to Caine and Jr., but I think he would steam roll through Silva, Nelson, Mir, Big Nog, and most other HWs. I personally would like to see a rematch against Overeem now that he is off the juice and Lesnar has had more time to recover from his 2nd bought of divercilitus - which can be fatal.

and if Josh Rosenthal did his job like most other refs, Carwin would have been the champion

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #28   7/30/13 9:29:33AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

You did good, mang

With that said, I hope we don't have to watch Brock Lesnar in the octagon anymore, lol.

Are you kidding? I love it when I hear how good Brock is and How he is going to smash __________. I know with out a doubt I am going to at least get a free beer out of it.

Post #29   7/30/13 9:57:55AM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,898-1,094
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
Doesn't matter to me if he comes back or doesn't. he's booked for summerslam.

regardless, never heard of the site reporting this and the kid who wrote the article looks like he is 16.. If this was on a more credible site..I'd be more intent to believe this.But until a major site has something on this..i'll take it with a grain of salt.No offence to OP.

Post #30   7/30/13 10:24:17AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3