Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White rips Viacom/Bellator: 'They have no f--- clue what they're doing'

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
With Bellator's ratings on Spike TV taking a dip in recent weeks, UFC president Dana White is responding like a shark smelling blood.

The recent news that Bellator is considering having Quinton "Rampage" Jackson box aging legend Roy Jones Jr., in White's view, is proof Bellator parent company Viacom is thrashing around trying to figure out a way forward...

Full Story

Post #1   7/28/13 10:31:56AM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,775-1,119
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Me either????

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   7/28/13 11:21:22AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The boxing match does not interest me in the slightest, in fact the sport of boxing does not really interest me at all. I have not seen nor heard of a high profile good stoppage in that sport since the days of Tyson and Holyfield. Rampage wanting to professionally box is quitting IMO, he has forgotten how to wrestle and became predictable and got beaten a lot (and badly) for it.

Post #3   7/28/13 1:51:15PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

The boxing match does not interest me in the slightest, in fact the sport of boxing does not really interest me at all. I have not seen nor heard of a high profile good stoppage in that sport since the days of Tyson and Holyfield.

What about Marquez/Pacman?

I love boxing, but yeah, nobody gives a shit about 'Page/Jones.

Post #4   7/28/13 2:18:24PM   

frizzzlecake

MMA Sensei

frizzzlecake Avatar

Career:484-292
Chips:
I think FightMaster is a better show then tuf at this point.

Post #5   7/28/13 5:15:13PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:
I think I'm the only person here who thinks both shows are horrible

Post #6   7/28/13 5:53:05PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,497-1,576
Chips:
Pacman is a big named fighter who I have only heard due to him not fighting Mayweather, Marquez to me is just some dude who after many years was the guy lucky enough to drop him. I imagine my level of ignorance similar to people who think that way about Silva vs Weidman.

Post #7   7/28/13 6:23:25PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

I imagine my level of ignorance similar to people who think that way about Silva vs Weidman.

Indeed

It's all good. Some people like boxing, others don't. I'm not a huge fan, but I do enjoy the sport.

Also, the only reason Pacman hasn't fought Mayweather is because Mayweather avoided that fight at all cost. Pacman was all for it.

Last edited 7/28/13 6:43PM server time by Webbie
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   7/28/13 6:42:46PM   

Goatenstein

In Full Mount

Career:821-544
Chips:

Posted by Webbie

Posted by jae_1833

I imagine my level of ignorance similar to people who think that way about Silva vs Weidman.

Indeed

It's all good. Some people like boxing, others don't. I'm not a huge fan, but I do enjoy the sport.

Also, the only reason Pacman hasn't fought Mayweather is because Mayweather avoided that fight at all cost. Pacman was all for it.

Pacquiao was afraid of strict drug testing. JMM starched him anyway, no need for Floyd to waste his time.

Post #9   7/28/13 9:06:51PM   

FlashyG

MMA Sensei

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,156-1,214
Chips:

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by Webbie

Posted by jae_1833

Indeed

Pacquiao was afraid of strict drug testing. JMM starched him anyway, no need for Floyd to waste his time.

The way I remember those negotiations going was Mayweather setting a demand for the fight to happen, Pacquiao taking a while to relent but eventually agreeing to each demand and everytime he did, Mayweather would add another even more ridiculous condition for the fight to happen.

First it was blood testing, then the blood testing had to be random, then the rules for testing needed to be tweaked to allow the tests to happen right up until the day of the fight. Then he needed to receive the lions share of the purse etc.

He had more excuses then Tito Ortiz after he loses a fight.

Post #10   7/28/13 9:35:51PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by Webbie

Posted by jae_1833

Indeed

The way I remember those negotiations going was Mayweather setting a demand for the fight to happen, Pacquiao taking a while to relent but eventually agreeing to each demand and everytime he did, Mayweather would add another even more ridiculous condition for the fight to happen.

First it was blood testing, then the blood testing had to be random, then the rules for testing needed to be tweaked to allow the tests to happen right up until the day of the fight. Then he needed to receive the lions share of the purse etc.

He had more excuses then Tito Ortiz after he loses a fight.

Exactly.

In other words, Mayweather avoided the fight at all cost.

Post #11   7/28/13 10:43:44PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,742-1,520
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

The boxing match does not interest me in the slightest, in fact the sport of boxing does not really interest me at all. I have not seen nor heard of a high profile good stoppage in that sport since the days of Tyson and Holyfield. Rampage wanting to professionally box is quitting IMO, he has forgotten how to wrestle and became predictable and got beaten a lot (and badly) for it.

That's just because it doesn't get good coverage anymore. Despite all of the negative publicity, lack of coverage, and general self-destructive bullshit that happens in that sport, there are still many many good fights that happen. It's just a shame that Bob Arum and Don King seem content with destroying the sport from the inside out for their own gain.

Post #12   7/29/13 2:27:40PM